It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AC-130J Spooky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Sounds about like what we've come to expect in far too many cases.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So they had a working mount, changed it, and now it doesn't work. Surprise!

The fire control problems sound like a pain. Software can be really easy sometimes. And other times, it's almost "Can we fix this, or do we start over?"

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Driving in Colorado 5 years ago the version then came over my truck pullin a toybox trailer big enclosed box.

it picked on my rig cause wasn't anyone around out in the empty southern part. rediculously low and doin 300 or so, i heard the air whistlin on his surfaces. My buddy gray from high school and boyscouts, is cia, just a desk job, then why did he train in Florida running through the swamp at night. They told em to run zig zag and the gators cant get ya, desk job buddy

edit on 28-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Reads like AFSOC is trying to wash its hands while the real world operators are saying a big "NOPE"..
Maybe get away from the sophistication and get back to a chalk mark on the window and use MkI eyeball..If something worked before why change it for the sake of change?
If the problem of the 40mm not being able to get new barrels why dont they just make new ones?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The crew said they were pulling barrels off mothballed navy ships. They slso said tgat the 30mm is highly accurate but it packs no punch. I was shocked they got rid of the 25mm. Personally...i would pull a 20mm system from a boneyard jet.
Also the Griffons are not on the wings. They are built into the upper rear cargo door. Weirdest thing ever. From the outside....there are 10 to 15 "holes" where the launchers are mounted vertically and fired straight dow. Pretty sweet idea.

a reply to: Blackfinger

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Here is a vid of a Marine 130 firing Hellfires. It shows the Griffin mounts but doesnt show them being fired.

m.youtube.com...
a reply to: lakenheath24
m.youtube.com...

edit on 29-5-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
a reply to: lakenheath24
Looking at your username and previous posts you've done, are you based in the UK? Is the spooky based at the Heath or just passing by ? I appreciate if you can't answer any of those questions

Edit: cool video of the griffin missile. The C-130 excretes missiles!!

A more serious question, how effective was the gatlin gun on the gunships ? I'd image over a certain height it may of not been that accurate

Puts a bullet in every inch of ground

Paddock hit over 250 with a bump stock, this could take everyone out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join