It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Employee shot, killed attacker wearing clown mask

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

HOLLY HILL, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A man in Volusia County was shot and killed Saturday night after he allegedly attacked a Little Caesars employee.

Surveillance footage from inside the Little Caesars' pizza shop shows the attack: a worker closing shop for the night, he steps outside and a man hits him with a wooden board over and over again until the board breaks. Cops said the attacker got him on the ground and tried to stab him with scissors.

Holly Hill Police Chief Stephen Aldrich said the victim quickly turned the tables. “Even though he's being attacked he's able to pull out a concealed firearm he has and fires multiple rounds at the suspect,” he said.

The attacker lay bleeding in the parking lot when police showed up. He died at the hospital. Police said he was wearing a clown mask to hide his face. Before the attack, surveillance video showed the man wearing the mask, walking near the pizza place.

Source: Cops: Employee shot, killed attacker wearing clown mask

Another case of someone successfully defending themselves form an attacker with a licensed firearm. No collateral casualties, no wild shooting as is always predicted by the ant-gun crowd. Just someone defending their own life.

This is one of the reasons citizens should be able to legally carry firearms. In this case (and many others) the police would be too late, and this man would have likely been stabbed to death and bled out waiting for them to arrive. Yet another example of the INTENT behind the person wielding it making a difference and not the weapon itself being "evil".

I now await the family of the dead criminal to sue him for killing their "good boy" who just made a bad decision.

edit on 5/28/2018 by Krakatoa because: spelling fixed

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Shouldn't he have called the cops in between being beaten and stabbed?

The cops could have shown up several minutes later and written a stern warning to Clowny McClown and given him at least a few weeks in jail.

edit on 28-5-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
See what happens when you don't attend clown college?
At least he won't have to worry about changing his expression.
It's fixed permanently.
No sympathy for these kinds of attackers.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
See what happens when you don't attend clown college?
At least he won't have to worry about changing his expression.
It's fixed permanently.
No sympathy for these kinds of attackers.

Maybe they need to ban clown masks now?

But I truly do not expect the MSM to broadcast this story as much as they do successful shooters that kill innocents.

"If it bleeds it leads"has become, "If it bleeds and pleads, then it leads and breeds (division)".

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Another victim of clown-phobia.

It's so sad, it just isn't funny anymore.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Looks more like a demon or goblin mask to me.

Everything you said about CCW I agree. I carry as well.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Here is a video:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I feel bad for these fast food workers who's owner make them stay late and close alone. In my small town of about 7k people, I went into subway at about 11pm the other night, the only worker there was an early 20s girl who was no more than 5ft and 90lbs, I asked & she said she closes alone 3 or 4 nights a week. With as bad as the opioid crisis is in my area it is just a matter of time before that place is robbed.

This same subway also employees a known murderer who smothered a 2yr old child while she was working at a day care, she only served around 3yrs for the murder.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is the very reason I carry, every-day, everywhere possible... Yes, even inside my own home (home invasions are a reality).

I or my family will not be injured or killed at the hands of some lunatics.

My concealed training instructor emphasized "If your gonna carry concealed... Do it every-day. Put it on, forget it... and go through your days.. and carry it always."

I and my colleagues, do. Licensed, trained and refusing to be statistics.
edit on 28-5-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just bookmarking this to come back and see if you get any of the "he could have shot him in the leg" BS.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Crap like this is exactly why I carry.

Come at me with a baseball bat and you'll win the ambient temperature challenge.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

But I truly do not expect the MSM to broadcast this story as much as they do successful shooters that kill innocents.

Exactly what I was thinking. It'll probably be told in a couple small towns in the surrounding area but only for a day or two.

So, so sad and annoying.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Just bookmarking this to come back and see if you get any of the "he could have shot him in the leg" BS.

Well, he could have shot him in the nuts.

Really though, this is exactly why people should be allowed to have and carry a firearm, but I'm sure this is going to get media attention. When it does it's going to be something stupid like "Homeless man Shot and Killed outside of pizza joint, while looking for food".

No, I don't care if the moron that got shot was homeless or not, and not, I also don't care if he was a druggie or not. I'm just glad that a citizen was able to defend themselves from an attack, while exercising their rights to do so.

Here's my question (and I know we won't know it for a while):
Have the cops in that town known about this guy, and just let him go due to "budget issues"?

I ask since up here in Seattleland we had a woman that was raped in a car dealership by a homeless guy. The Police knew about this guy and his criminal background, but when he was arrested by them, they just kind of "let him go since he was homeless" Again I'm not saying that the attacker in this story is homeless, but rather wondering if the police knew about him, but decided to let him go because of whatever reason (homelessness, druggie, racism, sexism, whateverism, ect ect)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

Per video, "Police are checking to see if he has a ccw"
It does not matter. When you are at your place of business or its property, you need no permit.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Funny story: When I was a kid someone broke into our house one night. My step dad heard someone jiggling a window, so he grabbed his .357 and crept into the living room. As he sat there watching, some guy was half way in the window, struggling to get into the house. Eventually he worked his way in the window, fell on the floor, and looks up and my step dad is there with a .357 pointed in his face.

The guy takes one look, and tries to dive back through the window but ends up getting stuck. His butt is wiggling around in the air, and my step dad lets off one round, right in his a$$.

It knocks him out of the window and into the yard and the guy just starts begging not to shoot him again. My mom had called the cops, so they show up, call an ambulance and take the guy away. The real funny part is that the guys sister shows up the next day, and thanks my step dad for shooting him.

Florida.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does every time some retard gets themselves killed, they trot out the relatives who say how he/she was "a ray of sunshine, and/or a good person who wouldn't hurt a fly" to name but a couple of the oft-repeated phrases.
Just once I would like to see mom or pop come on TV an say "that filthy, drug-takin, gang-bangin moron finally got dealt with".

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Good example of self defense.

However, even though I fully support self-defense, naturally -- I do not support the 2nd amendment because of that, I support it because the greater reason for it is the defense against the government.

In other words, even if this was treated as a crime or the employee gets in trouble because the attacker only had scissors, or a plank of wood, or a rock or a black belt, it doesn't matter... even if this were wrong it would still not be an argument against the 2nd amendment; Amendment II is in place to protect us against a much greater threat, and cannot be taken away.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
a reply to: Dimens

Per video, "Police are checking to see if he has a ccw"
It does not matter. When you are at your place of business or its property, you need no permit.

I wonder if the cop said that, and the media conveniently edited it out.

Can't have a rash of fast food employees arming themselves up all of a sudden.

Personal to myserioustranger: Excellent advice.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The hallmark of humanity is the projectile weapon. It is what has set us apart, and allowed us to thrive in the presence of animals that were far superior physically. There's even been theories that our ability to effectively utilize projectiles is what allowed us to out compete neanderthals. Its certainly a unique point of humans among other primates, who chunk stones with no real ability to aim or dexterity to complete a functional throwing motion.

Projectile weaponry is so ingrained in the human experience we make men millionaires for the sake of playing games with the projectiles. We call it "sport".

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And to get even deeper than that, if I may... one could argue, and many have argued, that projectiles themselves are phallic symbols; that rockets and nuclear war, for example, with many penises flying up in the air, is all a dick measuring contest.

Freud would have a blast with this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join