It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Disdain for Jimmy Carter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I kind of liked Carter. I liked Reagan too. I didn't mind bill clinton as president but he was a shifty person later on in his presidency. He liked his women, probably because he was married to Hillary.
I felt sorry for him back then.

Bush was alright, I would invite him to hunting camp, but not his VP. I thought Obama was good at first, but later on I found he was not what I had thought he was, I was deceived. I did kind of like his VP though.

Trump has his problems but he is doing all right considering all the crap thrown at him, Hillary would have never taken all that crap, heads would fly. I am still glad Hillary lost, I wish Bernie would have gotten to run.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
James Earl "Jimmy" Carter.

A good man. Someone I'd enjoy sitting down and shelling a few peanuts with...and some beer, though not Billybeer. I'm told it's nasty, was nasty...whatever, it's late.

Anyhooo...

A good man, who should never have been President...at least not at that particular time and place. Just after Watergate...Iran was blowing up over the Shah, etc...

He was in so far over his head, he couldn't see the light. Remember "malaise"?

Funny thing is, would Gerald Ford have been any better...remember, that was the alternative. The pardoner of Nixon. Much of the vitriol aimed at Carter is a tad bit over the top. He is a good man, but he was not a good President.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No idea why. I just wanted to give you your 4000th flag.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
As others have mentioned, he was a genuinely good man with all the best intentions. He was, however, a weak leader with some very bad idea's. Some of which only surfaced after he left office.

Carter praised Fidel Castro up to and after Castro's death. He also was a huge fan of Hugo Chávez and the now failed system in Venezuela. I suspect he was an avid student of Marx and Mao and honestly believed that a true Nanny State was the utopian ideal.

He seemed blind to the reality that absolute power corrupts and that a single party state under a pseudo dictator will always end up creating and enslaved, powerless class. I suspect he viewed those he felt were not his equal intellectually would be better off with less freedom for their own good.

Carter is the genuine article though, unlike people like Sanders. Carter's intentions are honest and real, just wrong-minded; where Sanders is just another conman promising things he can't or would never be able to deliver. As much as I hate Carters Idea's, I like him as a person.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Stop reading my mind!!!

IMHO, you're spot on. Genuinely good people, like Mr. Carter, are all too often easily mislead. Because they'd never dream that someone has no intention of doing what they say they'll do...

As you say, he is the genuine article, whereas Bernie-boy is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join