It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson, the alt rights latest pinup boy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: bastion
Do you support demonisation of people by the media when guilt or innocence has not yet been determined?

I had to laugh at this.

One word; Trump.

In the US and Europe.

*chuckles*

Hence the UK having much tighter laws, he's an example of the problems with biased reporting. Though that wouldn't apply here seeing as he's not charged with anything, been arrested, in an ongoing trial or awaiting sentencing, which is when these restrictions apply.

It'd be impossible for Trump to ever get a fair trial in the million to one chance he's ever charged with anything given the sensationalist coverage that has caused such major divide in the US. Everyone has the right to a fair trial, regardless of crime and regardless of whether you like them or not.
edit on 27-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

originally posted by: PheonixReborn

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They've put in an appeal for mistrial which starts on Tuesday - given the speed of Tommy being rushed infront the judge, it looks like the court was cleared the second it reconvened because of him breaking the legal requirements of a fair trial and likely they will be freed as a trial can no longer continue due to attention it has got and innacurate sensationalist reporting.

Do you have a link for this, please?

Will send PM on condition it's not distributed, don't want to risk it causing the defense to have more of a case.
edit on 27-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PheonixReborn

How old are you exactly?

You seem really naive.

But fun little fact for you, the Muslim gaol/jail population has risen 50 percent in a decade if this culture is so friendly why is the intake of the religious cult into gaols/jails rapidly rising.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: ScepticScot

Wanting to preserve the culture and values of your nation isn’t about skin color nor is the idea racist.

What culture isbthe west trying to preserve?
The us literally has no culture. You can walk from one side of new York city to the other and you'll be overwhelmed by it's multiculturalism.
The UK also brought these immigrants in. And they didn't suddenly bring the concepts of rape and sexual assault with them, it's always been there!

This Tommy guy is just picking on an easy target.

See...I've always had an issue with the Left's assertion that there is no distinct culture here. It's totally dishonest argument, which seems to be the status quo from them lately.

First off, expecting a National culture from a country as large and as young as the U.S. is moronic. Does Europe have a distinct culture? No.. It has many smaller cultures based upon country or region. It's basically the same here. There are distinct regional cultures here. You can see them in Appalachia, New England, The Deep South, Coal Country in Pa, the Upper Midwest, and other regions. Each of these has distinct cultural traits, customs, dishes, and idiomatic expressions. That is the very definition of culture

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: amraks
a reply to: PheonixReborn

How old are you exactly?

You seem really naive.

But fun little fact for you, the Muslim gaol/jail population has risen 50 percent in a decade if this culture is so friendly why is the intake of the religious cult into gaols/jails rapidly rising.

My age is of no consequence.

Try reading this: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Will send PM on condition it's not distributed, don't want to risk it causing the defense to have more of a case.

Thats the last thing I would want to see happen!
edit on -05:0011America/Chicago2018519xRAmerica/Chicagob by PheonixReborn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

white nationalist

You're brilliant. You should probably stop using this as a slur. I'm a "white nationalist" by virtue of two things:

1) I'm a nationalist (ie: I believe my country is superior to others, and am proud of it)
2) I'm Caucasian

Discriminatory hacks make me sick.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

So he is incarcerated, actively, but not charged with an actual crime.

Sounds like they're overdue for a new government.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So first off, white nationalist does not equal white supremacy. Words have definitions.

Second, the argument where this Tommy guy wants the case to fail? Any evidence to support this?

It sounds absurd that someone would forego legal proceedings in exchange for some social discord over the heinous charges being brought.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

So then why do so many people want to keep 'American culture' their own? And that immigrants MUST obey that culture and ditch their old ways of leave. I understand that the US is large, and young, but it has never been one single culture, it's vastly different from state to state even county to county.

The point of me bringing up New York city is that it's been a working melting pot that has immigrants at the core to build one of the most iconic cities ever built. And you have so many cultures that keep their traditions and values close to them. So what makes immigrants now days so wrong to want to practice their own?
edit on 27-5-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So first off, white nationalist does not equal white supremacy. Words have definitions.

Thank you JinMI

This entire event seems different. Almost like a turning point for Brits and even some Americans. Really great to witness such a momentous period in history

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Arizonaguy

So then why do so many people want to keep 'American culture' their own? And that immigrants MUST obey that culture and ditch their old ways of leave. I understand that the US is large, and young, but it has never been one single culture, it's vastly different from state to state even county to county.

The point of me bringing up New York city is that it's been a working melting pot that has immigrants at the core to build one of the most iconic cities ever built. And you have so many cultures that keep their traditions and values close to them. So what makes immigrants now days so wrong to want to practice their own?

You can't use New York as an example of a melting pot because by it's very definition; a melting pot is cultural appropriation.

And that's taboo now.

Or racist or something.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

and spinoff of this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join