It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson, the alt rights latest pinup boy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
So as evidenced in this thread here, old tommy has found himself some support from members of this website, what has happened here have we slipped into some sort of bizarre timeline ?

How is it a known criminal, a thug who has spent time in jail has found supporters here of all places, just wtf ! The guy is a white nationalist, founder of the group EDL ,(English defense league) these people aren't nice, they aren't law abiding citizens, to put it bluntly they are racist thugs who use violence and bigotry as a means to an end.

Im curious to how others feel about this new development, is it just me that is weirded out by this ?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
He's massive coke addict too with a string of violent offences for being head of Luton footy hooligans. He also beats up his wife and has headbutted ex UK armed forces on protests. Stange to see the right claiming he's a saint or hero.

Tommy Robinson aka (Stephen Yaxley-Lennon), the self proclaimed criminal leader of the far-right, hate group, English Defence League (EDL). Has numerous convictions for violence and is currently banned from attending football matches. He was convicted on 18 April 2005. He spent 12 months in prison for assault, committing actual bodily harm and assault with intent to resist arrest who was trying to prevent him from beating up his wife, while his partner was cautioned for possession of coc aine. This was before his EDL career. He did 8 days on remand for breaking his bail at the Tower Hamlets demo, when he arrived disguised, dressed as a Rabbi.www.thejc.com He lied about going on hunger strike for a week, only lasting 24 hours www.lutontoday.co.uk . He spent 3 days in a Swiss Jail with Kevin Carroll his cousin and joint leader, who is also the BFP deputy leader and police commissioner candidate for Bedfordshire. They were arrested after climbing on the Fifa building in a publicity stunt for the EDL, who’s numbers were falling. He was found guilty of assault at the Blackburn demo, when he headbutted one of his ex-forces supporters. edlnews.co.uk Then the umpteen other convictions and arrests too, including ones for football hooliganism, he was convicted in July 2011 and received 12 months community rehabilitation order, a 3 year football banning order got 150 hours community service, for reportedly leading a group of Luton fans, which played a fundamental part in starting the riots.
edit on 27-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It's not just the UK, you can see support for the likes of Tommy all over Europe.

Mass immigration by people who won't except the home countries values, culture and law is causing conflicts. Standard of living is falling due to wages stagnating for years following the extra supply of labour so people blame immigrants.

This will keep increasing in my opinion until it explodes.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

It’s not big support, at least not in England anyway

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Is this the Alt - Left thread ? The other was not started as an Alt -Right one. The fact that some saw an unjust detention while secretly conducting a court case with heinous crimes against our UK children may have swayed some over.
You could have posted your disgust over there. Have a good day yall..

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Tommy Robinson (real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon) is actually Jewish by his own admission, not something typical of white nationalists. He left the EDL when he began to have concerns over far right extremism. He was pretty vocal and ignorant when he first started out because he wasn't the most informed person but knew there was a problem. He has grown as a person and his opinions are more refined now. I'm not a fan of the guy in any way at all but your OP is a total misrepresentation of the person he is today.

Don't get me wrong, he is still a bit of a muppet but most people would find it hard to not say something stupid with that much attention on you, everyone slips up eventually, it's just that most of us don't have a mob of people waiting to jump on those mistakes.

In April 2012, Robinson took part in a programme in the BBC's television series The Big Questions in which far-right extremism was debated. Mo Ansar took part in the same programme, and invited Robinson to join him and his family for dinner. This resulted in several meetings over the next 18 months to discuss Islam, Islamism and the Muslim community, accompanied by a BBC team which created the documentary When Tommy met Mo.

The turning point reportedly came when Robinson and Ansar visited the think tank Quilliam and Robinson witnessed a debate between Quilliam's director, Maajid Nawaz, and Ansar about human rights. Robinson said afterwards to the BBC: "I didn’t think a Muslim would confront Mo Ansar because I thought Mo Ansar was being built as the acceptable face of Islam; and that’s everything that I think is wrong. So when I saw this [debate between Nawaz and Ansar], and I read more about Quilliam and I looked at what Quilliam has done—they've actually brought change, which is what I want to do. I want to bring change. I want to tackle Islamist extremism, I want to tackle neo-Nazi extremism—they're opposite sides of the same coin."

On 8 October 2013, Quilliam held a press conference with Robinson and Kevin Carroll to announce that Robinson and Carroll had left the EDL. Robinson said that he had been considering leaving for a long time because of concerns over the "dangers of far-right extremism".

Robinson said that it was still his aim to "counter Islamist ideology ... not with violence but with democratic ideas". Ten other senior figures left the EDL with Robinson and Carroll, and Tim Ablitt became the EDL's new leader. Robinson's decision followed discussions with Quilliam, which describes itself as a "counter-extremism think tank"

Source

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Im curious to how others feel about this new development, is it just me that is weirded out by this ?

Sad but unsurprised , they support through ignorance of the facts which seems to be a common response these days.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
Is this the Alt - Left thread ? The other was not started as an Alt -Right one. The fact that some saw an unjust detention while secretly conducting a court case with heinous crimes against our UK children may have swayed some over.
You could have posted your disgust over there. Have a good day yall..

There is no alt left, there is Alt right

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Sure is an Alt- left usually masked in combats and causing just as much or more trouble at Environment events, business events and such.

www.urbandictionary.com...

1) People, who ban other's freedom of speech, because they feel "uncomfortable" hearing different opinions. 2) People, who physically assault other individuals, and damage both public and private property in the name of "peace" and "love". 3) People, who care more about their selfish desires and arrogant views than about the country they live in.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I wouldn't be surprised if a tweet or two from donny comes out in the next few days showing support for Tommy.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The guy is a white nationalist

I don’t think that is a bad thing. I don’t see any Asian, African or other homogenous populations actively trying to replace their prevailing culture with the addition incompatible immigrants.

Why should primarily Western cultures be hell-bent on their own demise?

I like Western Civilization and think it’s worth saving.

edit on 2018/5/27 by Metallicus because: Eta

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don’t think that is a bad thing. I don’t see any Asian, African or other homogenous populations actively trying to replace their prevailing culture with the addition incompatible immigrants.

Western civilisation isn't based around skin colour.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I dont know who this person is and frankly dont care
Although I have heard that he stands against the conquest of Britain by outside forces.(purposely vague)
I feel that if Britain wants to ignore the people's defense of that once great country , then let em have what they want

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
When reporting on the progress of a crime appears to be taken more seriously than committing the actual crime, this does not inspire confidence in trying to deny ignorance. Something that is important to most on these boards.

link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Wanting to preserve the culture and values of your nation isn’t about skin color nor is the idea racist.

link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

I think that's a fair assessment. I've been to many anti EDL demos but wouldn't say they or he are particularly racist or neo-nazi, just ill educated but willing to learn when hes not on sniff.

His work with Mo', the Tommy and Mo' TV series and work with Quilliam was fantastic and needed to be done, every credit to him for that.

However he's recently become UK leader of Generation Identity group who send millitant neo-nazis to training camps in Russia, France, Germany and linked with terrorist group National Action.

www.independent.co.uk... 641.html

theintercept.com...

British police say they have thwarted four far-right terrorist plots in the last year. In a speech in London in late February, the U.K.’s counter-terrorism police chief, Mark Rowley, cautioned that far-right groups were “reaching into our communities through sophisticated propaganda and subversive strategies, creating and exploiting vulnerabilities that can ultimately lead to acts of violence and terrorism.” Police were monitoring far-right extremists among a group of some 3,000 “subjects of interest,” Rowley said, adding: “The threat is considerable at this time.”

edit on 27-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Europe tried the whole racial nationalism thing, didn't go to well. If I remember rightly the USA and UK had to bail most of Europe out and the USSR ended up seizing half of it......as Trump would say "Sounds Good doesn't work".

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

Wanting to preserve the culture and values of your nation isn’t about skin color nor is the idea racist.

Yet you support white nationalism? Are you perhaps confused by what that means?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I feel that if Britain wants to ignore the people's defense of that once great country , then let em have what they want

But that isn't happening , we are regaining control of our immigration policy by leaving the EU , which is from where most of our immigration comes from , and prosecuting and in some cases deporting those who break the law.

There is a false narrative being played for political reasons , don't buy into it.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I really have trouble keeping up these days..as far as I can tell:

Nationalist - Nazi
Jewish conservative - Nazi
Gay conservative - Nazi
Tran-sexual Conservative - Nazi
Black conservative - Nazi/White Supremacist
Classical Liberal - Nazi
Centrist/Libertarian/Moderate - Nazi
Critic of Islam - Nazi/Racist
Anyone who tells an edgy joke - Nazi