It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus said, NO DIVORCE: so how did Stripper/Actress Meghan Markle get a ‘Christian’ Wedding ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

legitamate reasons?? really....
god allowed divorce because of the hardness of man's hearts... look it up!!!
as in the men would just up and leave her in a world that required her to have a man over her and she was kind of sol, it was way too difficult to survive without a husband or father looking out for her, but well, if she was caught with another man she would have been stoned for adultery, regardless of weather or not the husband was in the picture or not.
whereas the man could hook up with any other non-married women he wished, and it wouldn't be considered adultery.
jewish women still cannot divorce their husbands.
it's the man that has to initiate a divorce, the best a jewish women can hope for (under the jewish religion) is for a court to compel the husband to grant her the divorce.
www.myjewishlearning.com...

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The whole conversation in mark is a "gotcha" interview question by the mainstream media, called saducees in 1st century Palestine.

They got Jon the Baptizer beheaded for criticizing Herod Antipas--who divorced his gentile wife for his brother's ex-wife, who had a claim tot the Jewish crown. (Mark 6)

So now they are trying to get Jesus beheaded the same way, by criticizing Antipas' marrying-up.

And Jesus hands them everything they need. He says "whoever divorces his wife and [greek: literally " in order to"] marry another, commits adultery.

But Jesus leaves the state of Galilee before Antipas responds...
edit on 26-5-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: EasternShadow

Only if you're married in a building of god.

I don't give a damn # about pricky mythical god or stupid materialism view. I care what is righteous. Marrying a single woman for Iife is the right thing to do. Whether the scripture said so or not.

Nah, I beg to differ. Took my dad 2 practice runs before he finally found his soulmate. First ex, he's always been on good terms with, they divorced amicably. 2nd ex, my mom, not so much, but she's a spoiled brat & I don't blame him for shaking her off like a flea.
3rd wife? They've been married for 22 years now, she's kick-ass & I, as the kids today would say, "big fat puffy heart" adore her. I would not undo time to make your rule law for humanity if it meant not having my stepmom. Also, due to marriage #2, I wouldn't exist to begin with, so kindly f# off with your self-righteous "only marry one, foreverrrrr no matter what" attitude.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Well, you're entitled to your opinion but you are the minority. Thank god you don't decide what people can do with their lives.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Did anyone say it yet, if you are not for the wedding,

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

If you put any value on what the bible says, (i don’t) god is totally cool with abortions. He even performs them himself numerous times.

Abortion is not murder. A fetus is not considered a human life.
If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. -- Exodus 21:22-23
The Bible places no value on fetuses or infants less than one month old.
And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6
Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons.
Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD. -- Numbers 3:15-16
God sometimes approves of killing fetuses.
And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17
(Some of the non-virgin women must have been pregnant. They would have been killed along with their unborn fetuses.)
Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14
Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16
Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16
God sometimes kills newborn babies to punish their parents.
Because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. -- 2 Samuel 12:14
God sometimes causes abortions by cursing unfaithful wives.
The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. -- Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28
God's law sometimes requires the execution (by burning to death) of pregnant women.
Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt. -- Genesis 38:24
this last one is a doozy, because it clearly lays out an acceptable circumstance when abortion is allowed, and tells in detail who should perform the act and how. Also, if an abortion happens, they kill the lady.

They teach this # to kids.
edit on 26-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Simple answer, Harry will only be King if something really terrible happens and 4 or 5 people (his brother and his brothers kids) die. Also it's 2018 and all this religion rubbish didn't do anything for his mother.

Lastly as mentioned earlier, Henry the 8th, The pope, Divorce, Church of England - Type some of those keywords into google.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Did anyone say it yet, if you are not for the wedding,

Not heard that at all but I have seen Daily Mail absolutely triggered by it all, this was the sidebar of stories on the DAY of the wedding

NOrmally they love a good wedding, I wonder why they don't like Meghan Markle?
edit on 26/5/2018 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It seems that Princess Diana wasn't revered as an angel until AFTER she died in August 1997.

Here's 1992 article describing how she tried to commit suicide 5 times.
articles.latimes.com...

Lots of pre-1997 articles about divorce, infidelity, etc..

Bottom Line: NO PRINCESS is without past blemishes. (Just like the rest of us!)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Oh religion has been perfectly ok with any cousins. Even first cousins..

Where do you think humanity came from after the flood??

Noah’s very small immediate family.

There was more than a little kissing of cousins going on there lol

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Good for you. It's takes three tries before your dad find his soulmate. He should have met your mom earlier.

I'm more concern with he had left behind. Have you ever thought about your stepmom and stepbrother or stepsister?

edit on 26-5-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The 20th century saw a massive shift in the way that Christians view the bible. Call it a complete lack of integrity, the expansion of scientific learning, or whatever, but they all got a lil loosey goosey with taking the bible literally (as they always had up until very recent times).

Now Christianity is taken à la carte. Which feels pretty dicey (and last straw grasping) for them.

Granted, the more they have let go of, the better off we have all become as a whole.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Very few people believe in righteous. Many people are hypocrites, making tons of promises only to be broken later. It's easy to run away from responsibility and blame others for any misfortune.

Matthew 22:14
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Matthew 28:20
teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

Wait a minute....Megan Markle is/was a stripper?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian
It's no wonder why they're always mocked by atheist. Their lack of integrity to keeping their own vows is astounding.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Cause Christians ain't Christians any more. Now they're just Christians™

Every five years, the Christians™ keep lowering their standards.

They allowed divorce
Then, they allowed interracial
Then, they allowed Homosexuals
Now, they're allowing anyone as long as they tithe. (tax free)
Organized religion is a scam that keeps changing with the times.

God's probably pissed, right? Unless the Bible is wrong. Right??

OK. keeping to ones kind(inter racial) is normally taken the wrong way by stupider Christians. its NOT in reference to ethnicity. its based on different faiths marrying. in short inter faith marriage isnt permitted.
divorce is only allowed in certain instances.
tiething isnt required of non hebrews. Catholic screwed that up too.

ALOT of stuff jesus mentions only effect hebrews and jews.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
They are not Catholic, + who cares..how does it affect you?

I would think it would effect all Christians as it pertains to the Christian church.
I think what you meant to say is that it doesn't pertain to you.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow
a reply to: Nyiah
Good for you. It's takes three times before your dad find his soulmate.

I'm more concern with he had left behind. Have you ever thought about your stepmom and stepbrother or stepsister?

Whelp, acting like a self-righteous concern-troll smart-ass means you asked for it.

My eldest brother and only sister are fine, what part of "amicable" do you not flipping understand? That means 2 people divorced with no hate or animosity for each other. That bodes well for divorced kids when the parents actually get along & be friendly with each other instead of stooping to talking smack all the time. It's otherwise known as "setting a good example". Eldest brother & sister are excellent people who've never said anything negative about having divorced parents. For starters, they're both over 18 years older than me, they were adults and out of the house when my dad & their mom got divorced. It's not like they were sudden latchkey elementary schoolers, for christ's sake.

My dad might have 3 marriages under his belt, but he's a pure gentleman when it comes to conduct between ex-spouses. My mother is a completely different story, because she's an antagonizing, immature, self-centered overgrown spoiled little s#. My dad has never bit her bait & never feeds her bullcrap, he simply lets her make an low-class ass of herself in front of witnesses (back in the day, that used to be in his driveway. Today, it's on his Facebook)

My OTHER older brother (oh boy, am I going to make your head explode) is from my mom's first marriage. Funny as it is, his dad left my mom for (and I'm not joking) her brother's wife's hot sister. That used to crack my late grandmother up.

Understandably, they don't speak at all. Whatever floats their boat.
My older brother? No s#s given, he talks to his dad & stepmom, not our mom. Edit: And my dad. For the same reasons I just mentioned above, and because she treats him like a piggy bank. Never showed much interest in his interests, career, daily life, just "Hey, how much cash you got on you? I need some." Every single visit to his house, she was hitting him up for money. When he quit obliging, she got pissed & pressured him for it harder.
The easiest way to nip that was to cease contact with her. She tried doing it through me as a middleman, and he & I agreed it was better just to remove her "piggy bank" from the equation. That is not to say we don't speak, though we didn't for a long time out of respect for him & his wishes. We've recently been clandestinely kicking each other emails through accounts she doesn't know about now.

Look, this isn't a petty personal opinion on her behavior, it's established pattern no one likes nor wants to put up with. That's not a fault of divorcing, that's the fault of being a naturally s#ty person. I find it no coincidence that while both exes remarried for the long haul that time, and that while my dad can consider his first wife his closest friend still & the third wife thinks nothing of it because its platonic, that my mom? Never managed to find someone else to hoodwink into marriage. She did have a long-term boyfriend for years, but he was as manipulative & narcissistic as they came. Perfect match.
In fact, his BS is what made me research textbook narcissism and figure she's got a hearty touch of it herself. The bullet points ring loudly.

Edit: I almost forgot, because this is important -- my dad never treated him like anything but his own son, and still does. Dad did all the soccer mom things when he was a teenager because he didn't want him to feel like the unwanted kid/redheaded stepchild. My dad has never in his life, and will never in his life, make a kid, his or not, feel like a burden.

Now, my younger brother (when should I expect steam from your ears?) Grew up with my dad & stepmom, by choice. When he had to go into court to explain to the judge at 11 why he wanted to have primary custody granted to my dad, he laid out a eloquent & logical list of reasons. The most important ones being that our dad & stepmom granted him far more attention, interest, feeling of belonging & unconditional love than our mother ever did or could.

Just so we're clear, my mom wasn't the abusive type per se, we weren't lacking or mistreated. She simply should not have bothered having kids, since she was so utterly disinterested in anything we did & completely focused on herself. Again, let me say "narcissism".
My younger brother felt validated in his existence during my dad's custody days, and genuinely loved by the little Asian stepmom barely speaking broken English yet. So I'd say that divorced ended up being a HUGE boon for his overall well-being, the shyest person I've ever known in my entire life saw an opportunity to not be invisible at home anymore, and took it.

For what it's worth, a few years later, my dad & stepmom got jobs 1500 miles away, and everybody moved.
Not once did our mother ever offer to even contribute to my brother's airfare to fly him down for Christmases. She wouldn't even take the time to pick him up at the airport, my older brother & I, my best friend & I, and later my relatively new boyfriend/now husband & I, did that.
Not once did she ask to ride up with us or take the time to SPEND time with him during his visits. Not once. What an asshole. Even today, she doesn't bother to pick up a phone to call him. She'll spam-email him joke email junk, but he's never received an email (or written) letter.

Did his court speech & the judge's granting of primary custody to my dad way back when smart for 20 years? Probably, but that's not an excuse to ignore your own kid.

As for my youngest brother from my dad & stepmom's marriage (did I just hear an exploding noise from you?) the guy is severely disabled with Down Syndrome & still living at home. My younger brother, with permission and help from my dad, converted their basement into a more adult-like studio apartment from his once pretty large bedroom, so he could stay at home as long as possible & help take care of him & spend time with him without feeling like he was intruding on their home past his time. It was thoughtful, and it works for them. The bros are best buds & spend nearly all free time together. As disabled as he is, he seems like a happy dude quite ok with his life. To say my younger brother loves our youngest brother is a massive understatement.

And as for my stepmother, what I wouldn't give to have had her for my actual mother in another universe. That is the most patient, kindest, most understanding & genuinely loving person I've ever known. For 20 years, I've occasionally had a case of "what ifs" and kicked myself in the ass for answering the judge's "Would also you be requesting primary custody be transferred to your father?" with a "No, I'm good." Instead, I grew up with the immature brat who couldn't hold down a job if it was nailed to her hands & went homeless because she wouldn't work.

On the bright side, if nothing had occurred in that sequence, it wouldn't have led up to the job that I met my husband while working. There'd be no 12 year anniversary this summer, no 2 kids, no awesome guy walking in to politely eat my horrible cooking after a 12 hour factory shift. I'd also lack a bunch of great siblings, and a fabulous stepmother I wouldn't trade for all your faux concern in the multiverse.
edit on 5/27/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

ALOT of stuff jesus mentions only effect hebrews and jews.

That is curious. What did he say that only effected Hebrews and Jews?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

What's load of bollocks.
So in your view I should have stayed with my first wife even though she beat the crap out of me because it's the righteous thing to do?.
Also better to be extinct than to divorce? Mm ahahahahhahaha

Also op CoE allows divorce Henry made it so.
edit on 27-5-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join