It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it might not be magma, under yellowstone, it might be Molten Carbon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My partner in Wyoming says all the wide spread seismic results are pointing to carbon as a surprise, Widespread detectors repeatedly return the same results

He's in Idaho, my bud, working for EGG out by craters of the moon

idk, I wanted to post because dam

Am I scared, no need, just the whole global fundamental mishmash has gone outside the usual word.

He couldn't figure what it means exactly. Just that the amount of carbon it's giving off has really blown away the normal count, the normal narrative.

Smiley and oh dam

edit on 26-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Would that be liquid diamonds? Is that how a kimberlite pipe works?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Molten carbon I think is the last stage of reactions or of a stars fusion of helium. I just thought that to be interesting. This is interesting if true in a few aspects even outside of global warming.

Sometimes I think Lake ochachobee in Fl was a volcano at some point and the volcano or elements produced flowed or moved to the Bermuda triangle. Those are just random thoughts though with no data. Also that glades are old flows or something with a connection. I have been thinking a lot about old and new mountain ranges and islands since Hawaii started erupting.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Have any links at all to share?

In looking at google scholar, there are exactly zero results of the search of yellowstone "molten carbon"

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Ah, thank you, this lead me here:

New research published in Earth and Planetary Science Letters describes how scientists have used the world's largest array of seismic sensors to map a deep-Earth area of melting carbon covering 1.8 million square kilometres. Situated under the Western US, 350km beneath Earth's surface, the discovered melting region challenges accepted understanding of how much carbon Earth contains -- much more than previously understood.

And guess what, this also potentially shoots a big ol' hole in the anthropogenic climate change issue:

"We might not think of the deep structure of Earth as linked to climate change above us, but this discovery not only has implications for subterranean mapping but also for our future atmosphere," concluded Dr Hier-Majumder, "For example, releasing only 1% of this CO2 into the atmosphere will be the equivalent of burning 2.3 trillion barrels of oil. The existence of such deep reservoirs show how important is the role of deep Earth in the global carbon cycle."

Scientists uncover huge 1.8 million square kilometers reservoir of melting carbon under Western United States

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
My partner in Wyoming says all the wide spread seismic results are pointing to carbon as a surprise, Widespread detectors repeatedly return the same results

He's in Idaho, my bud, working for EGG out by craters of the moon

idk, I wanted to post because dam

Am I scared, no need, just the whole global fundamental mishmash has gone outside the usual word.

He couldn't figure what it means exactly. Just that the amount of carbon it's giving off has really blown away the normal count, the normal narrative.

Siley and oh dam

Nice! Keep on your friend for more info please.

This could be huge!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
my only link is my Teton Hiking partner.....in Idaho Falls, but a poster I starred said in friggin Forbes, really the size of Mexico

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Would that be liquid diamonds? Is that how a kimberlite pipe works?

You sir have the most wit.....that's funny

Wait, you're right the science of a k pipe has in it little clear liquid nodules, cooling slowly i never thought of it, and i'm scientific, sometimes

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I lied, I'm scared

only when I picture how primal the word carbon is........or something bugs me like that's the way the dinosaur age had carbon heaped about on fire or something he....he

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, OP! I love learning about stuff like this, Maybe at one time Yellowstone spewed a black lava like this volcano here:

en.m.wikipedia.org... - Ol Doinyo Lengai in Africa.

- liquid diamonds, now that would be kewl.
edit on 26-5-2018 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kimish

i bet in Heaven they have liquid diamonds

wait, when Nickn3 posted that, I thought it was good wit but was it was science....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I submit the idea/theory/observation I made a few posts ago on the Hawaii eruptions....

there seems to be a very hot and more fluid type of Magma that is traveling west-to-east in the Mantle part of the Earth Interior structure... perhaps it too is a super-hot 'bubble' riding the convection currents of the molten Mantle...
~as is that 'pocket/bubble' of high molten Carbon beneath the Yellowstone area...

the only difference is that my idea of a mega-hot Magma problem flowing west-to-east, is that my pocket/bubble of ultra hot Magma is immediately under the crustal plate in both the ring-of-fire And Hawaii
~whereas~
the Carbon pocket/bubble rests some 360 KM below the Yellowstone caldera & region (so there is regular, semi-plastic, normal 1,700 degree Mantle ready to flow onto the surface) if/when Yellowstone starts acting like a super-volcano again

if the Hawaii super-heated Magma continues the west-to-east flow underground-- then the west coast->then Yellowstone-> then ancient East Coast volcano activity might be in the offing

the permafrost of Siberia was first
then the Kamchatka Peninsula went afire
now Hawaii and the whole ring-of-fire except the Baja California-to-Alaska portion is ultra volcanic... the California - pacific NW up to Alaska might be getting the full brunt of the mega-hot Mantle/Magma/Lava in-due-time !

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

I submit the idea/theory/observation I made a few posts ago on the Hawaii eruptions....

there seems to be a very hot and more fluid type of Magma that is traveling west-to-east in the Mantle part of the Earth Interior structure... perhaps it too is a super-hot 'bubble' riding the convection currents of the molten Mantle...
~as is that 'pocket/bubble' of high molten Carbon beneath the Yellowstone area...

the only difference is that my idea of a mega-hot Magma problem flowing west-to-east, is that my pocket/bubble of ultra hot Magma is immediately under the crustal plate in both the ring-of-fire And Hawaii
~whereas~
the Carbon pocket/bubble rests some 360 KM below the Yellowstone caldera & region (so there is regular, semi-plastic, normal 1,700 degree Mantle ready to flow onto the surface) if/when Yellowstone starts acting like a super-volcano again

if the Hawaii super-heated Magma continues the west-to-east flow underground-- then the west coast->then Yellowstone-> then ancient East Coast volcano activity might be in the offing

now Hawaii and the whole ring-of-fire except the Baja California-to-Alaska portion is ultra volcanic... the California - pacific NW up to Alaska might be getting the full brunt of the mega-hot Mantle/Magma/Lava in-due-time !

DOOM ON!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
But wait, you guys are talking about two different 'carbons".

Is it liquid Carbon as in C or liquid Carbon Dioxide which is CO2?

I doubt it would be liquid CO2 because of pressure and heat, especially when it goes direct from a solid to a liquid at room temps.

So why would liquid carbon (C) be problematic for the atmosphere? I mean, other than the obvious nuclear winter... It's not Co2, just C.

Maybe I missed a step somewhere?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

DOOM ON!

aw shucks, I know it makes the most sense on the situation, than all the pablum that's been written or uttered so far....

thx Bing:

pab·lum

NOUN
literary
bland or insipid intellectual fare, entertainment, etc.; pap.

An actual Scientist could not speculate as i (a layman) have done... they just echo the Academia lines & point out data... they won't even point to anything like out-of-the-box thinking...as being possible

make room for unofficial Aficinados to spark the community

edit on th31152736873226052018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Good deal we got out of that Paris climate deal, they would say we owed a lot more money because our volcano was spurning carbon into the atmosphere.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck
If molten carbon were to come into contact with our oxygen rich atmosphere, I believe that it might oxidize and form carbon dioxide.

Oh... and carbon monoxide too.
edit on b000000312018-05-26T16:57:16-05:0004America/ChicagoSat, 26 May 2018 16:57:16 -0500400000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: St Udio

~whereas~

DOOM ON!

The carbon sits 217 miles beneath the surface of the Earth in the upper mantle and has no immediate pathway to the surface.

No DOOM, return to your regularly scheduled programming.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: StallionDuck
If molten carbon were to come into contact with our oxygen rich atmosphere, I believe that it might oxidize and form carbon dioxide.

Oh... and carbon monoxide too.

From what I understand, that's not something that would happen. It takes very high temps for this to take place. Carbon is much easier to combine with other elements, many more, than oxygen. That would mean that it would have to react before it reached the surface.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join