It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC raids CNN?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: toysforadults
BRING IT!

sick of these total losers trying to ruin our country, successfully I might add

They are not ruining the country. They are using their god-given right to express themselves, no matter how true or false it may be. No matter how fake this news is, even the thought of it should be repudiated and denounced.

Yeah right. www.fcc.gov...

I wasn't aware of that. What a travesty.

Travesty? How about a little balance?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

BRING IT!

They are not ruining the country. They are using their god-given right to express themselves, no matter how true or false it may be. No matter how fake this news is, even the thought of it should be repudiated and denounced.

The news agencies have to follow rules to be licensed, they need to be licensed to receive revenues from advertising and income from any source.

I do not know when the news got so twisted out of shape, it escallated very quickly in the last couple of years because they were getting away with lying and twisting the stories for years. Both Fox and MSM were doing it a little, with fox being somewhat worse. But MSM took off like a rocket with it, they are obsessed with deceiving people now. The big turn with increased distortion came about a little over two years ago, even before the primaries where Trump won the primaries

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

BRING IT!

You would love China, or Russia.

Enjoy!

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

BRING IT!

I prefer deciding on my own accord what is or isn’t false than the government doing it.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This should be pinned for prosperity

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

BRING IT!

I prefer deciding on my own accord what is or isn’t false than the government doing it.

Wish I could give you a star.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

BRING IT!

That's a good point. A really good point. Then there's the rest of the masses.....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

BRING IT!

Now that I've reflected on it more, I'm coming around to your view of it. While the 'regulations' seem reasonable, Prima Facie, the 'solution' opens the door to gov't adding to that manipulation then the solution becomes another new problem.

Simply put, the problem, as usual, is the people running the system, not the system, itself.
edit on 26-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The problem with the news is that they no longer understand the concept of unbiased journalism. Somehow the news agencies have gotten to the point where they interject their own personal opinions or agendas, instead of just giving solid, fact-based reports. I also believe that the government is telling the news agencies what they can and can't report, which I suppose is what Operation Mockingbird basically is. (I still have to do more research on that subject.)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No they do not. The FCC has no regulatory oversight of a cable information provider. The FCC maintains regulatory authority over BROADCAST affiliates only. No license is required to broadcast news, the license is required to operate the transmitter that broadcast the signal. Cable and satellite networks do not use transmitters, they do not broadcast any signals and are not under the regulatory control by the FCC. The FCC could care less about the content broadcast, as long as it meets community decency standards, that the licensee remains in compliance with other regulatory controls. The FCC did not, could not, and will not ever raid CNN, otherwise known as the Cable News Network.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join