It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooting Indiana Middle School One Dead So Far

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: kurthall

Why are there no metal detectors in schools yet???? Not one school with a metal detector has had a school shooting!!!! How many more have to die? If I were a parent with a kid in school, I would not send them until, security measures were in place. I would sign my kid up on line for school!

# costs money; school boards can’t be bothered to cut bloat to even pay teachers, nobody wants their taxes raised and you want metal detectors and people to staff them?
Monetary waste on unnecessary administrative positions and programs have been a huge problem in the school system for a long time, and will continue to complicate any attempt at improving the system.

Teachers bloated pay? That is a good one. Now unions are problem but teachers are not exactly highly paid.
Who said teachers? I said administrators.
If you’re not going to read my posts, don’t bother replying to them.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Why are there no metal detectors in schools yet???? Not one school with a metal detector has had a school shooting!!!! How many more have to die? If I were a parent with a kid in school, I would not send them until, security measures were in place. I would sign my kid up on line for school!

# costs money; school boards can’t be bothered to cut bloat to even pay teachers, nobody wants their taxes raised and you want metal detectors and people to staff them?
Monetary waste on unnecessary administrative positions and programs have been a huge problem in the school system for a long time, and will continue to complicate any attempt at improving the system.
This is very true,in my area they are trying to cut many school sports due to lack of funds.They are trying to push a "pay to play" type of thing.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's absolutely shocking to me how often these shootings are happening. I, myself, am pro 2nd amendment. Honestly, until we start confronting the mental health issues in this country I don't think anything will change. Bad guys wanna do bad things and if they have to do obtain a gun illegally, they will. And if they can't, it will be another form of destruction.
It's disgusting. I feel so bad for the innocents caught up in the craziness. Another sad day for American children and their families.

Go ahead, flame me for "politicizing" the issue. But something needs to be done aside from banning firearms.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The shooting was reported just after 8 a.m. Friday at Noblesville West Middle School, located at 19900 Hague Rd.

Wow just wow, AGAIN? So far 2 in critical condition, suspect in custody.

wgntv.com...
Looking for more info!
An email from a student during the shooting...

“There was a shooter in the building, luckily we were in one of the saftest closets in the school, I hope that everyone is alright, I’m still shaking, girls are crying, the officers are here and holding the shooter in custody, this has to be a dream, I don’t have my phone, but pick me up in the high school. I love you guys”

wgntv.com...

We need to reactivate the draft. Put this killing energy to good use. When I was young, they used to send the military to recruit in high schools. You want to fight? You want to kill someone? Join the Army. People would get arrested and the judge would tell them; "Join the Marines or go to jail." The army will straighten them out. Things are different today. They don't want screw ups in the army.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Teachers bloated pay? That is a good one. Now unions are problem but teachers are not exactly highly paid.

Well luckily I can reply to whatever I want since you are not in charge here but I do apologize.

However how do inner city schools afford this with even greater problems of finance?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Damn media. If it wasn't for the coverage, no one would ever commit senseless murder!

Do you guys even know how stupid you sound?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Damn media. If it wasn't for the coverage, no one would ever commit senseless murder!

Yet it's has been studied peer reviewed and shown to create a massive increase.

But sure use your argument of ignorance.
edit on 25-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

So what is the real problem here?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

In the US we love and protect our kids. We teach them values and living by an accepted moral code. We are involved in their academics and encourage sports, art, music.

Our society has progressed in ways where it is difficult to survive financially on a single income. This pulls the single parent out of the home more and it can be difficult to find time with our children, but we try and we accept help from our families.

Our country is in the throws of an opioid epidemic that is exacerbated by a large percentage of Medical Professionals that receive kick backs for prescribing unnecessary drugs to us and our children. Many of these drugs have the potential for psychotic episodes, but the warning was not given with the prescription and we didn’t know. The addictive nature of some of these is overlooked entirely. And some of us predisposed to addiction have gone out in a blaze of shame.

Most people in the US work their butts off for meager earnings and spend their time at home with their families. Many are fortunate enough to be grounded emotionally and have the ability to pass that to their children. Our internet has caused an overall inward existence and, perhaps, we forgot how to be a neighbor and have awareness as a community.

It takes one lost soul to change how you see the US, and you allow the media to shape the narrative. The media doesn’t show the truth. Which maybe is why you are here.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: trollymctrollface

Wow just wow, AGAIN?
:

Yes Again and again and Again.

And it will keep happening in the USA as long as the issue remains politicized.

It is media driven. The incessant media coverage is driving people to do it for attention...

Yeah, that's probably it. Not kids being bullied until they snap and get daddys gun and seek revenge.

Kids weren't bullied before 1998?

And apparently nobody was mentally ill before then either.

You bully a kid long enough and it will drive him mentally ill enough to seek revenge on his tormentors, and anything even associated with the source of his pain.

edit on 25-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

People in the suburbs just don't want their schools to have an entry protocol like inner cities. Even if it is deadly.

Exactly correct. Folks live in the suburbs to enjoy the environment it provides.

What boggles me is the resistance to simple solutions like Barricuda door locks, or using the floor pin locks on new builds. My son is a teacher, and he purchased his door lock right after Parkland and the conversation first started (before it was bastardized by whatever political force began steering Hogg).

It doesn't always have to be a gun control discussion. That is what actually prevents forward momentum.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Humans. Violent. Death.

For some reason Americans more than most. I blame your bloodline.

Ban Americans.

link   

That's not so far fetched.

You ever see the stuff kids do on you tube to get noticed?And that's just you tube.

link   

One the argument that divides politically is more useful for the leaders to secure the bases

And two the short term solution makes wealthier people feel like they are in the inner city and many refuse to allow a real perimeter to be set in their schools.

3 we have a nearly simultaneous rise in these events with the proliferation of the Internet and social media. We have natural biological growth stifled by modern ways of living without an introspective look at how it may be effecting health. Simple this like your endocrine system not developing properly etc..

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Well luckily I can reply to whatever I want since you are not in charge here but I do apologize.

However how do inner city schools afford this with even greater problems of finance?

Higher taxes, cuts to programs mostly, and the fact that inner city schools make up a minority of the school system in this country, some of which can’t btw, many city boards of education bleed money. You’re not affording anything if you’re constantly over budget.
There are severely underfunded schools outside the inner cities, how will they pay for these? Retrofitting every school on America with metal detectors will sport a price tag nobody will be willing to pay if that day come.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
People grasp on to anything for an excuse.

Guns. Media. Hollywood. Video games. Religion.

Murder pre-dates all of them.

Enjoy the show.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

why aren't real discussions happening? They all start and end with "gunz".

If a few of us here from different political affiliations can agree this problem is much, much bigger than just guns, you would think the super smart folks we voted into office can try to do the same?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

People grasp on to anything for an excuse.

Guns. Media. Hollywood. Video games. Religion.

Murder pre-dates all of them.

Enjoy the show.

so the level of school shootings has remained constant over the years? Kids are the same as they have always been?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: luthier

why aren't real discussions happening? They all start and end with "gunz".

If a few of us here from different political affiliations can agree this problem is much, much bigger than just guns, you would think the super smart folks we voted into office can try to do the same?

This I actually agree with. However I assume our perspective of the bigger problem differs.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This didn't happen much until Johnny got a trophy for finishing 15th.
This didn't happen much until we started medicating the children.
We have always had the guns.

It's time to start looking at what has changed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join