It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed bystander kills man who opened fire in OKC restaurant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So what is this magical formula that will tell you what and where how and why someone may or may not snap and try to kill people.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It moved to inner cities.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I want to further my post above by saying that it's too late to take Americans guns. There are simply too many and the entire country knows it. Only criminals and authorities would be left with guns.

The Second Amendment was written for a reason.

As a UK member, I know that if the US falls, we all fall.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

That's my point. They're arguing about something that's never going to change. That energy could be better used on issues that can.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

And if I knew that guy was going to plow into my parked car I wouldn't have parked it there. I don't know any way to see the future what's your secret?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

And if I knew that guy was going to plow into my parked car I wouldn't have parked it there. I don't know any way to see the future what's your secret?

Simple equation fool plus gun equals people die. Your one of the reasons nothing changes and we continue to bury people every month. My first step would involved making sure mentally Ill cant buy firearms. And if someone uses your firearm in a crime and you didnt have it properly secured you should be held responsible.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So what is this magical formula that will tell you what and where how and why someone may or may not snap and try to kill people.

It usually never happens in police stations.

It rarely happens when two or more humans are visibly armed in the same area.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
A bystander shot and killed an armed man who walked into an Oklahoma City restaurant and began shooting Thursday evening, according to police.

The incident happened at Louie’s Grill & Bar, located along the shore of Lake Hefner, police said.

Two people were shot and one was injured while running from the scene, according to KFOR. The two who suffered gunshot wounds have been taken to the hospital with “serious injuries” but are expected to survive, police said.

When the suspect walked outside, “a bystander with a pistol” confronted him and fatally shot him, police tweeted.
fox5sandiego.com...

Another one bites the dust

It is always nice to hear about someone doing the right thing and putting there life before others to save those who are defenseless. BRAVO sir
On a side note I have eaten at that exact restaurant many of times. Louie’s has some of the best food you can find in Oklahoma

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Simple equation fool plus gun equals people die. Your one of the reasons nothing changes and we continue to bury people every month. My first step would involved making sure mentally Ill cant buy firearms. And if someone uses your firearm in a crime and you didnt have it properly secured you should be held responsible.

Let's try some other simple equations:

Fool plus knife equals people die
Fool plus rented van equals people die
Fool plus pipe bomb equals people die
Fool plus sword equals people die
Fool plus hammer equals people die
Fool plus highjacked plane equals people die
Fool plus highjacked religion or ideology equals people die
Fool plus unfettered political power equals people die

What is the common denominator to all of these...hint, it is not the weapon system of choice.

I think that what you will find is that the vast majority, maybe 99%, of these incidents are actually mental health related...loneliness, PTSD, rejection-related, jealousy-related, brainwashed, hearing voices, severe depression, suidical...can't handle getting fired, can't handle a break up, can't handle women not liking them, sociopathic tendencies, psychopathic tendencies...under the influence of mind-altering substances, alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription drugs (including those for depression).

Mental Health. Provide better mental health support and services, rebuild family units and bonds across society (and other positive social networks) through various means, encourage people to break the addiction of "empty" online social networks where no human contact takes place - and violence of all kinds will go down.

I lived in a rural areas for a number of years, and most every single household had guns of one kind or another. Exactly zero homicides in that area over the last 100 years. Think with more than your CNN cap on...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: musicismagic
America is beginning to look like the Middle East these days. Just on a smaller scale.

Only through entitled precepts.

Well at the very least the old west will have everyone packing and can have shoot outs in the streets. Yeeee hawwww

The wild west also had less crime than we do now.

So a pretty stupid analogy, in my humble opinion.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
When this came on breaking news yesterday, I immediately thought the worst. This is a restaurant I eat at fairly often, the seating at Louie's is fairly tight and they get packed at times. It could have easily been much, much worse, as in shooting fish in a barrel. I was very surprised and grateful that there were not more people shot.

There were two men that retrieved weapons from their vehicles and engaged the shooter, killing the suspect. Apparently the shooter was shooting from the entry door towards the inside of the restaurant The guys that terminated the threat are heroes no doubt.

Happy to say that all the victims that were injured are in good condition as of today.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Guns. Yeehaw. Now if ya'll cared about the kids as much we might actually get some real educational reform.

Ah! The old "do it for the kids" argument. Too bad there aren't more kids to educate, but, a lot have been killed,,, before they ever got to go to school to get educated,,, you know, in the womb. Sucks that us "gun nuts" hate kids so much, don't it.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Guns. Yeehaw. Now if ya'll cared about the kids as much we might actually get some real educational reform.

Oh goody, another appeal to emotion.

I see you ignore the statement. Most everyone does when the issue is education. But guns? WHOA!!!!

Why should I acknowledge a trash statement like that?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Lives were Saved . Give the Guy a Medal .

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Now with this thread the replys are different, the no guns in existence members here are much more unencumbered than usual.....wild

by the thought process I mean

I do believe that group of our ATS esteemed and beloved posters, here for the wondweful fellowship, derived from the cool " back and froth ",..are metro instead of outdoorsey
edit on 25-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

I'm goin out the back pasture gate to plink with my XDM...is that going to be OK with all?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk

Ah! The old "do it for the kids" argument. Too bad there aren't more kids to educate, but, a lot have been killed,,, before they ever got to go to school to get educated,,, you know, in the womb. Sucks that us "gun nuts" hate kids so much, don't it.

Looks like you hate logic as well.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I see you ignore the statement. Most everyone does when the issue is education. But guns? WHOA!!!!

And there goes the gun nutter(not to be confused with regular people). Ignore the argument that one can't address. As I said previously, it's "GUNS YEAHAW" and little else matters as much.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Great to see!

Another worthless criminal killer in the ground.

Much better than wasting money on their trial and incarceration. Much, much better.

Not to mention, who knows how many lives the armed Citizen(s) saved? Probably dozens or perhaps even hundreds, at least.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And there goes the gun nutter(not to be confused with regular people). Ignore the argument that one can't address. As I said previously, it's "GUNS YEAHAW" and little else matters as much.

Yeah no, I'm gonna ignore the ass making fallacious arguments.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join