It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed bystander kills man who opened fire in OKC restaurant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
America is beginning to look like the Middle East these days. Just on a smaller scale.

Only through entitled precepts.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: dragonridr

*shrugs* people have known for decades that cigarettes can kill you and yet people still smoke like chimneys.

In this particular case (with out knowing anything about why the dead guy started shooting) the shooter was confronted and stopped from killing anyone. Like the Police chief said this, is about as good of an outcome as you can hope for.

No best scenario is he would have never been able to shoot someone in the first place. The logic amazes me it's like trying to say a pilot shouldn't have flown into the storm after a plane crash. It does nothing to prevent deaths but hind site is 20 20 right? I prefer solving a problem by preventing them not hope everything comes out ok in the end.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

America is beginning to look like the Middle East these days. Just on a smaller scale.

Only through entitled precepts.

Well at the very least the old west will have everyone packing and can have shoot outs in the streets. Yeeee hawwww
edit on 5/25/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

*shrugs* people have known for decades that cigarettes can kill you and yet people still smoke like chimneys.

In this particular case (with out knowing anything about why the dead guy started shooting) the shooter was confronted and stopped from killing anyone. Like the Police chief said this, is about as good of an outcome as you can hope for.

No best scenario is he would have never been able to shoot someone in the first place. The logic amazes me it's like trying to say a pilot shouldn't have flown into the storm after a plane crash. It does nothing to prevent deaths but hind site is 20 20 right? I prefer solving a problem by preventing them not hope everything comes out ok in the end.

I'm with you here, how do we do it?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Do you really believe that?

That’s what happens when you have an anti gun media who harps in every shooting...:unless it’s black on black.

You are safer now then you have ever been. Check out the crime stats. If you don’t feel safe, you have to blame anti-gun media, politicians, and anyone who posts statements like yours

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

We get a good looking chick who can see the future, stick some electrodes on her head, shove her in a tank of water and then send out some Hollywood A-lister to off the baddies ahead of time. Problem solved. Your welcome.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

you....are.....awesome!

Why didn't we think of this sooner?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yup. That'll do the trick.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You mean some kind of precognition?

Sure. That would work, at least for a while.
On the other hand, precogs don't exactly grow on trees.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

No but he was able to shoot people before he was dead. If he couldn't we wouldn't be having this conversation would we?

If you changed the word "shoot" to the word "kill" then yes, you would be correct.
Maybe there is a parallel universe somewhere where a crazy person decided not to hurt a bunch of people and this thead is about how a bunch of people enjoyed a lovely meal at louies bar and grill, and we all talk about our steak preparing techniques.
But theres probably several iterations of this where a crazy person does decide to hurt people and this thread is about how he slashed an uber drivers throat and drove the car into the window of louies bar and grill. Maybe in a different thread he blows up the whole damn restaurant.
Bad things will happen in life. But in this case, all the innocent people lived, a loser whose name nobody knows is dead, and everyone is talking about a hero. If all the bad things in life went like this, id say we were pretty fortunate.
edit on 25-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: Dr UAE
good , in a country that guns are sold legally and illegally, i think it is a good thing to see a good guy armed and prepared for this moment, give him a medal

Effectively, you're saying that you're glad the Problem was met with someone anticipating the problem.

Problem?

no problem, just a solution. bad people exist. Luckily, so do good people.

When you can assure me nobody else will try to hurt innocents, I'll come to your way of thinking, till then, just no.

There is no off switch to flip right now. It is going to take time, if the thinking in these evil people can even be changed. It could be people fighting back might be something to affects some change, even if only in a few bad ones.

When evil shows it's face, we need people to stand against it. Sometimes it requires good people with a firearm.

Laws that prevent access don't mean a thing to a law breaker.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

could you be more specific without generalising ? you know, there are lots of countries in the middle east, its like saying Europe or East Asia, do you know how many countries there are in the middle east?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Took the room temperature challenge and won.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Yep, nothing like extrajudicial killings to save the tax payer money.

Did You actually read the story before you posted this? If you did, did you read this asinine post to yourself out loud? You probably should if you didn't.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Hardly.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Took the room temperature challenge and won.

According to some of our members, open carry/ccw permit holders don't know Wtf they are doing with a firearm.

Another nail in the coffin of the gun grabbers.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Guns. Yeehaw. Now if ya'll cared about the kids as much we might actually get some real educational reform.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Yep, nothing like extrajudicial killings to save the tax payer money.

I found the MS-13 supporter.

You should read Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. I think you'd enjoy the bureaucracy.

edit on 25-5-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Guns. Yeehaw. Now if ya'll cared about the kids as much we might actually get some real educational reform.

Oh goody, another appeal to emotion.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: intrepid

Oh goody, another appeal to emotion.

I see you ignore the statement. Most everyone does when the issue is education. But guns? WHOA!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join