It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona prepares for California earthquake.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

FEMA and the Arizona national guard are conducting drills to prepare for the flood of refugees that would come after a massive earthquake in southern california. They were planning on 400,000 refugees. It is of note that the population of the greater southern california area is 20 MILLION people. Some interesting things also were that:
1. The planners assume that the 10 and the 8 (interstate highways) will be functional. I personally doubt this as a section of the 10 was closed down for a day a few years again due to HEAVY RAIN. Also the California freeway system is barely functional during rush hour, how would it work when everyone is on the road with debris blocking a lane here and there plus random cars breaking down in the middle of the freeway
2. They anticipate water being the major issue after an earthquake. Well what is the plan for the millions that stay in California? How do they get water if the system is damaged? How do you import 19 million gallons of water a day AND get them to where they need to be.

If you are a resident of southern california, it is imperative that you memorize the locations of water within an hours walk from your residence. It doesnt matter if its the dirtiest, goose crap, hepatitis-est looking water, you can clean it via solar still and boil it. As long as it will be there if no additional water is flowing into it, you should be able to do something with it. Learn about purifying water now while you can.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Working off memory cause I am to lazy to go grab the book, but aren't a couple of those big southern California cities in valleys with few roads leading out?

They may be expecting a lot of that 20 million to die just trying to get out of the valley they live in.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Working off memory cause I am to lazy to go grab the book, but aren't a couple of those big southern California cities in valleys with few roads leading out?

They may be expecting a lot of that 20 million to die just trying to get out of the valley they live in.

Litle Creek has fresh water in Fontana. Best to go there and stay put.
Also, have camping gear that can go on your motorcycle, forget about cars and gasoline till you are at least an hour out of LA.
There's not much fresh water in Apple Valley, but the water system runs though Victorville I think, just boil it.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not so much. I mean, theres some small unincorporated towns that just have a few roads but most of it is unending urban sprawl. It bottlenecks though at about 5 highways. The 8, the 10, the 40, the 15, and the 5. All except the 5 pass through about 200 miles of desert nothingness before you get out of California. The 5 just takes you through farmland and rolling grassy hills for a few hundred miles.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

Not so much. I mean, theres some small unincorporated towns that just have a few roads but most of it is unending urban sprawl. It bottlenecks though at about 5 highways. The 8, the 10, the 40, the 15, and the 5. All except the 5 pass through about 200 miles of desert nothingness before you get out of California. The 5 just takes you through farmland and rolling grassy hills for a few hundred miles.

Got to have a 5 gallon can of gas on your bike and and gun.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

*shrugs* 5 highways... that's not much even if you have enough Command and Control in a post event chaos situation to have every lane open leaving the area, that's a huge bottle neck, how many hours of stop and go traffic burning gas till you reach the 200 miles of desert to have to cross. It will kill a lot of people if assistance isn't on hand to get them across the desert.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Just dont let anyone get to close to you on the bike. Imagine the gun would help with that....

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

*shrugs* 5 highways... that's not much even if you have enough Command and Control in a post event chaos situation to have every lane open leaving the area, that's a huge bottle neck, how many hours of stop and go traffic burning gas till you reach the 200 miles of desert to have to cross. It will kill a lot of people if assistance isn't on hand to get them across the desert.

No, it is not much. The 10 is two lanes both ways for most of that desert stretch, and on my honeymoon me and my wife were stuck on the 40 for about 2 hours because a two car accident closed the whole interstate down. Its a recipe for disaster. Also think about how much of the countries imports come in through the ports in southern california.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I happen to live here,more BS from liberal media,I have lived in Az before,went to school there,funny how we see no one leaving in droves,only on weekends to the river,reason traffic was so bad was because of Stagecoach,happens every year,objects aren't what they appear in mirror

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

actually hadn't even considered that... heck even if the ports survive any event trying to get the cargo out will be next to impossible.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I happen to live here,more BS from liberal media,I have lived in Az before,went to school there,funny how we see no one leaving in droves,only on weekends to the river,reason traffic was so bad was because of Stagecoach,happens every year,objects aren't what they appear in mirror

They are PLANNING the response to a massive earthquake in southern calfornia, and how to deal with all the refugees and the problems that cutting off their access west would bring, not actually carrying it out

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Ill do you one better too. Imagine trying to put out all the fires from downed poles, broken gas lines, and people boiling water, when the fire trucks are trying to navagate broken streets and debris, using an unreliable water system that may not have a lot of pressure due to broken lines. Its bad enough that the state pretty much catches fire every summer in normal times.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Things like this always remind me of the TOOL lyrics....

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The way traffic bottle-necks everyday during rush hour in LA, I think it will be a disaster trying to get out of there during a major eq.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

People enmasse act like scared chickens. Very few would get out, just because theyre incapable to consider the big picture and cooperate enough to get down the road.

I have very little faith in people during a real emergency, hell most cant drive, shop, or walk with courtesy on a normal non life threatening day.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yup. Just imagine the effect one lane closure from an accident/debris has. Now think about how many accidents and stalls there will be from panicked people who are trying to leave but couldnt/forgot to fill up the tank, or picked up sharp debris in their tires and got a flat on the freeway
edit on 25-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Probably be easier for them to just plan on how to block all the roads leading into Arizona from California. Atleast that would be my plan.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Most of the population in Cali lives west of the San Andreas fault. Likely taking out all the exit freeways to the east.
Jerry Brown will fix everything, don't worry, be happy, light up.. it's 4:20 somewhere.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I live in one Valley San Fernando, and work in another Valley, Santa Clarita. There are only two way for me to get from one to the other. The 5 freeway, which would surely shut down, as it did back in 2008 after we had a 5.6 ,for a couple of hours to check the overpasses. Then we have San Fernando Road, that goes between hills(mountains) and is 2 freaking lanes, that would be dangerous, if it were even passable.

Hopefully I would be in the San Fernando Valley, if one hits. This Valley is easier to get out of. Santa Clarita would be a nightmare. I just moved from Santa Clarita to San Fernando last year.

edit on 25-5-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: calKno

It is always good to be reminded to TOOL. Have one back as a token of my gratitude.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join