It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF was I seeing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ok, so I'm driving to a client today, and I look to the right to see a low flying passenger jet... Well... it looked like a passenger plane except it was just floating in mid air. I mean it wasn't moving at all. There was no one behind me so I slowed down to get a good look at it, and nope not moving and clearly a passenger jet. I passed by the same area not long after due to client being in the hospital and it was gone not 10 minutes later.

So in trying to come up with answers,

A: I'm completely insane, have no idea what an airplane is despite flying in one and seeing them all my life.

B: It was some kind of bizarre passenger jet shaped giant balloon. Which confuses me as there's wind and it wasn't bobbing, nor did I see any giant straps holding it down. But still most mundane option I can think of.

C: A weird Mandela effect and passenger jets have suddenly always had the ability to hover without even the slightest bob.

D: My roommates car which I'm borrowing can somehow exist outside of time and it's wasn't the airplane causing the distortion in reality but my roommates apparently magical car.

E: A glitch in the matrix. Which has weird implications as I don't personally buy into the simulation theory...

F: An alien ship poorly camouflaged as a passenger jet. They don't hover guys...

G: I'm completely delusional and somehow hallucinating perfectly clear non moving hovering passenger jets for no clear reason. Stress must be really getting to me.

H: The government is testing weird plasma illusion tech for some reason in the form of 3 dimensional images of passenger jets floating the sky. If so, um, good job guys, freaked me out with it's authenticity. Next time at least have it um... move if you could so I'm tricked the whole way and not freaked out.

Um, explanations would be nice, feel free to finish the alphabet, I'd really like some answers.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If he was going towards your direction you could see him from very far away and he would seem like he was not moving at all.

If it seemed like an airplane jet then that's probably what it was.

Anything besides being an balloon in form of an airplane, reflection, or any other natural explanation is a big jump and you'd need more evidences to support your claims.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

was to the side, was heading opposite the direction I was heading, but not very far away. It wasn't a tiny blip or anything, could clearly make out details. I'm not good on distance guessing so not sure how to explain how close it was. Not only that but I stopped the car enough to observe no motion. At it's height and distance it should have been either landing or taking off. Though at the angle I would say landing.

I've seen planes at that distance landing and taking off. Heck go to an airport an from the windows you might see a plane at the same distance landing or taking off it was that close. I observed this for a good minute.
edit on 5/24/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Don't forget to add

J: you read another thread from a day or 2 ago about a non moving passenger plane and are making this up.

I've seen planes at that distance landing and taking off. Heck go to an airport an from the windows you might see a plane at the same distance landing or taking off it was that close. I observed this for a good minute.

well since you slowed down and if it was landing then it too would have slowed so it was simply your perspective that created the illusion

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I. Big Black Triangle (BBT)

Why? First, they can disguise themselves as many different shaped ships. A member here even describes a series of different shapes including a Borg cube! So a jumbo jet is not out of the question. Second, they can go "invisible" (at least from your point of view). There seems to be a metamaterial in use that can refract light around the craft. Since our eyes are not that fine grained, any light bending around the craft would appear no different than if it took a straight path to you. (When that feature gets activated, it looks all silvery and shimmer-y. That is what it looked like to me before I could "see through it", as I said, I was not seeing through like with x-ray Superman vision but was seeing light wrapped around the craft). Chances are it was still there but turned on its active skin which is why you did not see anything on the return trip.

Lastly, hovering, no sound. Classic BBT sighting description!

If we, like I believe we do, have a fleet of them, and they can look like jumbo jets (or any other sci-fi craft to mind funk you over so you sound like a crazy person when you report your sighting), then can we ever really trust what we see with our own eyes floating around in the sky?

Cool sighting (even if my explanation is completely wrong)!!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Possible I suppose had I read said thread. But then again, you'd have to believe me. Which you clearly do not. Have seen a video on that once, which I discounted because it was was with a whole bunch of "glitch in the matrix" crap many of which were clearly CGI or nothing spectacular.

So yes I suppose that puts the "idea" in my head.

But I did see it, and am open to being delusional, or suffering some sort of stress induced hallucination based upon suggestion from seeing said video a few weeks ago.

I'm not, however, making up my experience.

The existence of a phenomenon observed or made up by another does not prevent similar observations.

Thought of another one,

K: A tulpa produced by peoples belief or knowledge of said phenomenon.

But yes I could be making it up. Can't prove to you otherwise. Was still real to me.
edit on 5/24/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hmmmm that's kinda cool, didn't think of that one.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It was just an airplane that you saw at an angle where you could not see forward motion. This is not mysterious. It isn't a disguised "black triangle.' It wasn't a hologram. It was just a simple airplane. The greatest conspiracies can be spun from the thinnest of threads, and this is yet another example.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I live near an airport, and sometimes while out driving around I'll see the really big passenger jets coming in, due to the size of them combined with some distance they can at times look like they are barely moving. Like how don't they just fall out of the sky? In reality they are likely going about 90 miles an hour or so but the distance and size of the thing throws off perception.
Possibly if you were driving, and catching glances at it, it could even look as though it was motionless.
If you would have stopped and got out of the car and watched it for a little bit you might have had a different observation.
Not saying your wrong, just throwing out my thought on it

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Possible I suppose had I read said thread. But then again, you'd have to believe me. Which you clearly do not.

Huh?

What have claimed to be believed or dismissed?

But I did see it, and am open to being delusional, or suffering some sort of stress induced hallucination based upon suggestion from seeing said video a few weeks ago. I'm not, however, making up my experience.

I didn't say you were,

you made a list and I just added to it based on a thread I read just a day ago.

But yes I could be making it up. Can't prove to you otherwise. Was still real to me.

that is why I suggested what i did in my reply because it I believe it was a real plane.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oa reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I am going to say an optical illusion but

There has been a few other sitings reported similar, so....

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There are a surprising number of videos out there purporting to show the same thing. Most of these look like they're showing a plane on landing approach coming in slow and the car going in the opposite direction. Sure looks like they're hovering, but they're not.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Allright, let me attempt an explanation:

You said there was a fair amount if wind, right?
I wonder how much.

See, the stall speed of an airplane is relative to the wind, not the ground, and some planes have remarkably low stall speeds. For instance, a 747 (depending on configuration) has a stall speed at ground level at no more than 120 mph (and at times lower), and if there is a headwind of, say, 30 mph, it can stay afloat at a ground speed similar to a fast moving car.

But a 747 is of course hundreds of times larger than a car.

Now, keep that in mind, because we tend to interpret and perceive speed (in non-numerical units - i.e. slow, fast, really fast etc) relative to the size of the object. A cruise ship going 20 knots would be perceived as slow moving, while a yacht sailing at the same speed would be perceived as fairly fastmoving.

In the same way a car moving at 90 mph would be perceived to move fast, while a 747 would seem to be moving impossibly slow at the same speed.

Add to that, that we subconsciously would judge a huge construct like a plane to be closer than it really is - we do that with mountains too, by the way - and the illusion of moving slowly - or hardly at all - is emphasized.

That would be my guess; that a combination of above factors gave you a convincing illusion of a plane hanging about, not moving, while forgetting to hit the ground.

Does that sound plausible?

edit on 24-5-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Strange experience indeed. However, if you had time to pull over because nobody was behind you, how come you didn't get pictures or videos? I know phones don't make the best videos, but something for a reference as to showing it really not moving and just hovering. Or perhaps you don't have a cell phone.

Not dismissing, just curious.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Was on way to client so couldn't puts around too long, and am ashamed to say I don't use those features on my phone enough to do so with time constraints.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

It does, and is very plausible I assume. I'm not an expert in the matter. It just looked really off to me. Enough to freak me out a bit. As I said, been to airports and seen planes that seemed the same distance landing, and it never seemed so slow it wasn't moving. This plane must have been WAY larger than I thought.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It was just an airplane that you saw at an angle where you could not see forward motion. This is not mysterious. It isn't a disguised "black triangle.' It wasn't a hologram. It was just a simple airplane. The greatest conspiracies can be spun from the thinnest of threads, and this is yet another example.

In your arrogance, you forgot to add the prefix "In my opinion".
In my opinion, this is a common mistake here on ATS by members who think all their comments/responses are true FACT.

The OP made a statement he believes to be true.
He cannot prove it.
You cannot disprove it.

A simple tweak to your response makes it much more palatable.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

like this one ?

Oh and what is your excuse for not filming a rare glitch in the matrix.. and you missed that two times..

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

originally posted by: schuyler

In your arrogance, you forgot to add the prefix "In my opinion". In my opinion, this is a common mistake here on ATS by members who think all their comments/responses are true FACT. The OP made a statement he believes to be true. He cannot prove it. You cannot disprove it. A simple tweak to your response makes it much more palatable.

I don't agree. ATS is supposed to be about "denying ignorance." I see no evidence. Instead, common every-day things are turned into conspiracies. Every light in the sky is a UFO carrying aliens from space. To the rest of the world, ATS is a "cranky conspiracy site" and not seen as credible. Everything is not "relative." I am not required to post in a manner that conforms to your idea of a proper post, and as far as I'm concerned, you calling me names rather nullifies any objection you may have. I stand by my posts and my time here on ATS. I stand by my record, which is a whole lot better than 99% of the people here. You're just preaching.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Kinda, was a bit closer or larger plane though, and I stopped my car and it was still not moving.

I apologize for my lack of camera skills with my phone. I suck I know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join