It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than a coincidence very weird online

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This happened around 3 years ago and I will describe how it unfolded.

I decided for the first time that I would write a short story about the dream that I had and opened up notepad on my computer and decided to name the main character of my story as Aris. Finished it and thought nothing of it. I never published it anywhere online. 5 minutes later or similar I decided to play an online browser game which I had never played before called shadow bound with the first 15-20 being a tutorial of the game to eventually starting the game proper.

Anyhow this is where it gets weird, I receive a message online from another member of this game called Aris the same name I decided to name my short story character that I had written 30 minutes earlier. I think it was a simple hello I don't remember as it wasn't very memorable

Wtf? Was this a coincidence or something else going on here? Looking forward to your theories/thoughts.
edit on 24-5-2018 by Invision123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2018 by Invision123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Invision123

ive had very similar experiences many times theres something to this believe me

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMAMOG

google aris and try and relate it to yourself somehow your intention is known before it happens so if you intend you get a message

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Similar I suppose to having a song on the mind and then turn on the radio and that song is playing. It would be stranger though if the person that messaged you had some similarities to the short you were thinking about.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Invision123
This happened around 3 years ago and I will describe how it unfolded.

I decided for the first time that I would write a short story about the dream that I had and opened up notepad on my computer and decided to name the main character of my story as Aris. Finished it and thought nothing of it. I never published it anywhere online. 5 minutes later or similar I decided to play an online browser game called shadow bound with the first 15-20 being a tutorial of the game to eventually starting the game proper.

Anyhow this is where it gets weird, I receive a message online from another member of this game called Aris the same name I decided to name my short story character that I had written 30 minutes earlier.

Wtf? Was this a coincidence or something else going on here? Looking forward to your theories/thoughts.

Hacked maybe by a keystroke counter? You type, it prints other end in a variety of ways.

Pissed anyone off lately? That's a really quick "coincidence".it does happen.

Test it.... Do another quick story.. Couple paragraphs using an absurdly confusing bunch of letters for a name... If it pops back up somewhere... and it's exactly the name/word you created.... You're being watched.

Good luck.... MS

edit on 24-5-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

not everything fits logic it cant be proven by design

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Maybe you seen their name in game sometime and that's where your subconcious took the name from?...it is pretty trippy they messaged you just after you posted the story though...
edit on 24/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I had never ever played that game before up until I wrote the short story

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
i like to think of a question open a random book and read the page you will be suprised how often its on point even if you need to think symbolically you will get your message if you deserve it

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Interestingly, I had a dream last night where I was at a local college (I'm not in college and haven't been in years). In the dream, local police came and raided the neighbors' apartment. It was the main thing I remember happening in my dreams last night. I look on the news this morning and there was the "biggest bust in Rhode Island history", where 29 raids were conducted and 49 individuals were apprehended (guns, narcotics and stolen goods were recovered in the raid).

Interesting similar story...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Invision123

I had never ever played that game before up until I wrote the short story

Fair enough...I dunno weird # like that happens sometimes...I dunno as crazy as it seems I can't.help think there's some kind of reason things like that happen....Lol maybe the universe wanted you to make this thread 3 years later.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

theres probably millions of reasons this thread was made imo .if nothing more than a word that sparks a thought thats sparks an action which leads to a reason so removed from the catalyst its never known until in review

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Pretty normal, I'd say. We're all a little bit psychic. It's like thinking of someone and the phone rings and it's them. There are connections that bubble to the surface once in awhile especially when you are relaxed or contemplative.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What’s interesting is that this incident happened three years ago and it’s still haunting your mind, what triggered this post I wonder?

S & F

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I had a dream as a child that wound up coming true a few years ago. I'm still struggling with the problem today. It seems that dreams can be more than mere incoherent nighttime hallucinations.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Not haunting as such more of a curiosity I think it's more than a coincidence. On the scale of weird things that have happened to me though this is just the tip of the iceberg

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMAMOG

ive had very similar experiences many times theres something to this believe me

Yeah I've had more strange "coincidences" than I can count.

Most recently, I was visiting my mom and found some old video games. Decided to play hit man blood money because it has such a fun ending. (This is important because I chose this game solely on how great the music fits the ending)

The last level is inside a church during a funeral. An arrangement of Schubert's Ave Maria is playing. The music combined with ending has always been a favorite of mine.

I finish the end, and decide to go fix some early breakfast for myself. I get to the kitchen and notice my mom is already up at 530. I quickly realize it's because of the damn royal wedding. There is an amazing young cellist playing a piece I didn't recognize. It ends within a few moments of me walking in.

Then the fu***r starts playing ave Maria.

Now, I understand these things occur purely by happenstance, this example being a more mundane one. However, it seems little synchronicities happen to me in great volume.

Don't even get me started on the time in 6th grade when a friend taught me the word and definition of antidisenstablishmentarianism which was later that night the final jeopardy answer.

My parents thought I was a genius hahaha

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Aris, and variations of it are not as uncommon as you think...

perhaps your modem was an Arris?

perhaps you were thinking of Aeris, the heroinne of Final Fantasy 7

perhaps you saw something about Aries, the zodiac sign

the list would be enormous!

We all pull stuff out of memory and the collective unconscious sometimes. Happy writing!

edit on 24-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Clearly you are onto something. You should write a story about how you won the lottery.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Throw out your Amazon Alexa

top topics

<<   2 >>

join