It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German News report say that Trump cancelled the meeting with Kim

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:
(post by Arnie123 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I saw a ceremony today in which a retired Navy Seal was being presented the Medal of Honor. I thought about you, and wondered if you would think that was BS too.

Values, Redneck. Values.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So trump did to NK what they have done to so many others.
Talk peace deals then renege.

Taste of their own medicine I say.

Though I will admit the childish games being played on both sides here are dangerous.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

This is what the nobel community said about obama.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons. Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened. Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population. For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges." Oslo, October 9, 2009

If what the nobel community thinks in this case is so wrong then how can the same people be considered worthy of ever giving the prize again ?

Why does trump want to be acknowledged by people that thought this way about obama?

If trump was smart he would call the nobel prize nonsense and refuse to even accept it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: angeldoll

Might you try once in a while not to be so hateful towards those who disagree with your thinking?

Disagreement is not "hateful".

It's disagreement.

So, if you are disagreeing over something that was never said, or disagreeing with a position a person never took, but that you assigned to them...
then - you are disagreeing hatefully with yourself?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Have you read anything about what's been going on around that award? It's the definition of BS. He's getting it partly to keep another, much more deserving awarding of the Medal to the family of TSgt John Chapman. Naval Special Warfare Command has done everything they can to block the awarding of the Medal to TSgt Chapman.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Naval Special Warfare Command has done everything they can to block the awarding of the Medal to TSgt Chapman.

Why?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
How in the world did they expect to get a deal with this paranoid Guy when number one right after they canceled the deal with Iran?

Number two, Bolton says out loud he wants a Libya type deal!

Kaddafi was literally disemboweled and we know what Hillary said when she saw the video of that

I frankly doubt Trump ever wanted a sincere negotiation considering all of these things, not to mention the military exercises they and the South Koreans did. Even Trump realized the utter stupidity of that

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Because Seal Team 6 has a reputation for not leaving anyone behind. Ever. In fact TSgt Chapman was killed going back to recover a Seal that fell from the helicopter earlier.

The problem is that TSgt Chapman was left behind in the confusion. He was wounded, and they believed he was dead. It was not intentional, and no one has ever suggested it was, or that it was through negligence. But if he receives the Medal, NSWC has to admit that their premier team, that has never left anyone behind, left someone behind.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Oh dear. I didn't know.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

This whole situation has caused a lot of anger in the military community. For 14 or 15 years, it was "TSgt Chapman saved our butts and was a hero." In 2016, well into the campaign to hey him the Medal, it suddenly became, "TSgt Chapman disobeyed orders to take cover and call in air support, and ran to the sound of bullets."
edit on 5/24/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

As it damned well should!!

I've been following this one, too. Travesty is the word I use...usually prefaced with another.

What they don't get, seemingly, is there's more honor in admitting to the mistake, rather than covering their asses.

But what do we know, right?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
How in the world did they expect to get a deal with this paranoid Guy when number one right after they canceled the deal with Iran?

Number two, Bolton says out loud he wants a Libya type deal!

Kaddafi was literally disemboweled and we know what Hillary said when she saw the video of that

I frankly doubt Trump ever wanted a sincere negotiation considering all of these things, not to mention the military exercises they and the South Koreans did. Even Trump realized the utter stupidity of that

I agree with your statement and I suspect Trumps' team ( Pence and Bolton) made inappropriate comments knowing it would infuriate little Kim thus starting a war of words then cancel the meeting and maybe even worst, who knows.
Dangerous game indeed, it sure could get ugly.

Peace

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
maybe this is a fake leak story to route out another leaker

Bongino said on his podcast that you have to wait 24 hours before every release to see if it's retracted or the story changes because they vetting people out

(post by proximo removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

There are no politics (that I am aware of) surrounding the Medal of Honor. I greatly respect anyone who has earned that honor.

There is politics surrounding the Oscars. They are nothing more than verification someone did something politically correct.

There is politics surrounding the Nobel Prizes. They used to be a respectable achievement, until Barrack Obama received a Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing to promote peace. Now, they're political and meaningless.

If one wishes an honor to actually be an honor, one must constantly ensure that the recipients deserve said honor. I would feel the same way if Trump got one now; he has thus far been a good President, but not worthy of what a Nobel Peace Prize used to mean. If he brings peace to the Korean Peninsula, then maybe. Not before. Not in anticipation of. Make it mean something or It means nothing.

TheRedneck

edit on 5/24/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's not entirely true... Not so much now, but back in the day, politics played a significant roll in CMH being awarded. Some of the reasons are, shall we say, spurious. Most of that seemed to stop around the turn of the 20th century...though not entirely.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join