It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Day John

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
let not your heart be troubled, about the lifestyle of Jesus. It doesn't matter if he had a wife or not, doesn't matter if he had a boyfriend who laid his head on Jesus' chest. We have other matters to occupy our thoughts.

I'm wanting to announce that if you talk to Jesus, He will talk to you

Get that magic in life that props, isn't that what you want. Magic to help when it's a tite spot, hehe bound to occur in your lifetime.

You will probably see the return of Jesus in your lifetime

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
no, not the punk rockers outta Houston, you know, Chris Freddy and Charles, not them

they rock

i don't remember if it was modern day john or better than ezra, the bass player threw his guitar around him on the sling and it took out the window...third floor, upper room in Farmersville....no one below injured
edit on 24-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I never cared for the book of John in the new testament. Mathew, mark, and luke were more my style. John seemed kind of mushy and weird to me. Just his personality I suppose.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I think the OP means John the Baptist. It's the idea of "preparing the way".

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
First of all if you're talking to a Jesus who may have had a boyfriend you've got the wrong Jesus. Also the modern day John the Baptist (the false prophet) will be be making the path straight for the Antichrist.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
let not your heart be troubled, about the lifestyle of Jesus. It doesn't matter if he had a wife or not, doesn't matter if he had a boyfriend who laid his head on Jesus' chest. We have other matters to occupy our thoughts.

I'm wanting to announce that if you talk to Jesus, He will talk to you

Get that magic in life that props, isn't that what you want. Magic to help when it's a tite spot, hehe bound to occur in your lifetime.

You will probably see the return of Jesus in your lifetime

It does matter a lot whether he was married or not. While John was a good friend he was not in anyway a modern version of a boyfriend.

My life with Christ while being better spiritually is not any easier than it was before. Same troubles in life that affect all men but it does not affect my relation with him. Jesus is not meant to give people a magical life prop. Jesus does not give magic the only difference from my BC days and my current life is my relationship with God via Jesus Christ. I handle the problems of life much differently than I did before Christ, those same things that happen to all men are now met with Joy instead of Despair, Prayer instead of Cursing, Trust instead of fear.

I understand that you are trying to exhort you should be mindful of what you are saying, especially when it does not align with God's words as found in the AKJV.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The one who leaned on Jesus bosom was not John the Baptist but the one known as John the Brother of James Son of Zebedee.

John 13:23 Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Yes, I know. But I looked at the thread title- "Modern Day John"- and the fact that the OP was pointing to the coming of Jesus (after his fashion) , and concluded that the OP was on that basis advertising himself as a "modern-day John the Baptist". That's what I meant when I said "It's the idea of 'preparing the way'".
Did you miss that nuance?

edit on 24-5-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

He is referring to the other two posts made yesterday.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Click the link that Disraeli posted was to only post rickymouse made, rickymouse did not show he was replying to GBP/JYP though he probably was but without reply to: post in the reply it is harder to draw conclusion without context as he could be right or wrong, without it, it is just a guess. The context of the OP (Original Post) is about JOHN who leaned on his chest. Now his second post maybe referring to other threads but no links in the second post. Those would be important in order to keep context, there by when some one refers to the OP it is the leading Post not the person making the thread he is GBP/JYP. So it is easier to cause confusion rather than clarity.

edit on 25-5-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join