It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solo: A Disney Disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Really?!?!

Though it definitely felt like Star Wars it just didn’t float my boat..

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

One word for you “Ewoks” lol..

The first series and prequels are full of slapstick comedy.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Great point.

Sometimes not knowing a mysterious character’s origin is a good thing.. he’ll usually it is a good thing as it almost never matches the speculation.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Forget it.

Star Wars will never go anywhere a casual or neutral viewer can't go.

Disney wants tickets from everyone, but hardcore fans immersed in the lore are a gigantic minority.

It's more important to sell tickets to Grandma who takes the 6 grandkids out for a weekend.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

As long as they don’t go adding any gay guys, am I right????

Lol

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

As long as they don’t go adding any gay guys, am I right????

Lol

C-3PO already broke ground there and he was a far more enriching and likeable character than any of the support roles Disney has given us.

edit on 23-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Star Wars in the title means the casual fans will go see it.

They just need to focus on telling a good story.. G. R.R. Martin chose to wrap in some historical events in to add realism.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I thought Harry Potter wasn't going to make any more films.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

So a fan should just buy every POS idea Disney can cook up or they're not fans? I personally declare that Disney Star Wars is not canon. Boycott all future films.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Imma go see it this weekend. Simply because my family is off to the beach and I have to stay behind because of work. So I don't have anything else to do.

Was so excited about The Last Jedi and was very let down.

Leia is blown into space and then uses the force to get to an airlock door. And guess what everyone does? Yep, they say open the door and get Leia, and they open the door into outer space and pull her in.

In case you didn't catch it yet, they all should have been sucked out into the vacuum of space. I face palmed and asked who made that stuff up.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: redletter

I'm going to go see it because a friend and I love each new train wreck they put out under the Star Wars moniker. It's been one of the most baffling movie franchises since Phantom Menace, and we get a thrill from dissecting them.

If you didn't think The Last Jedi was a big F.U. joke to the old skool fans, just look for more stuff like the steam iron gag in your next viewing.

edit on 23-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Rogue One is a cinematic masterpiece of a movie. It simply was the best damn movie I have ever seen.

I wouldn't go that far but I absolutely loved that movie.

The scene at the beginning with Mass was epically brilliant. Strong Kurosawa vibes.

And I mean Vader going Beast mode at the end? Even if the rest of the movie sucked that would have redeemed it completely.

As for Solo? I'm all in. Screw the haters.

Falcon, Young Landon, Young Cheque at 190 years old and space battles?

Hellz to the Ya I'm in.

I'll never miss a Star Wars movie in the theater. If it sucks so be it.

But it won't.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright
a reply to: abe froman

So a fan should just buy every POS idea Disney can cook up or they're not fans? I personally declare that Disney Star Wars is not canon. Boycott all future films.

Your declaration means squat. Absolutely nothing.

It is Canon and if you don't like it, beat it.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: redletter
Imma go see it this weekend. Simply because my family is off to the beach and I have to stay behind because of work. So I don't have anything else to do.

Was so excited about The Last Jedi and was very let down.

Leia is blown into space and then uses the force to get to an airlock door. And guess what everyone does? Yep, they say open the door and get Leia, and they open the door into outer space and pull her in.

In case you didn't catch it yet, they all should have been sucked out into the vacuum of space. I face palmed and asked who made that stuff up.

Should they have? Virtually every Star Wars movie has shots of fighter bays open to space, protected with a shield of some sort. Why would this be different?

That said that whole Leia Poppins in Space was incredibly stupid and poorly thought out. I hated it.

In fact I hate Leia being in these movies in the first place. Carrie Fisher was a horrible actor in the Original Trilogy and her acting skills actually got worse from then to now. I would have left Hamill out too. His acting in TLJ was atrocious(he is also a really mediocre talent) and every time he was on screen (the exception being when he walked into the Falcon) he made me cringe.

They should have killed Han/Leia/Luke in the first 5 minutes of The Force Awakens.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Thanks for the permission. I'll get right on it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: SR1TX
Rogue One is a cinematic masterpiece of a movie. It simply was the best damn movie I have ever seen.

I wouldn't go that far but I absolutely loved that movie.

The scene at the beginning with Mass was epically brilliant. Strong Kurosawa vibes.

And I mean Vader going Beast mode at the end? Even if the rest of the movie sucked that would have redeemed it completely.

As for Solo? I'm all in. Screw the haters.

Falcon, Young Landon, Young Cheque at 190 years old and space battles?

Hellz to the Ya I'm in.

I'll never miss a Star Wars movie in the theater. If it sucks so be it.

But it won't.

Rogue one was the cap stone for all of SW 1 - 6. It completely sold the importance of why episode 4 had to happen when it did and why the rebel base was so quick to almost being destroyed by giant death ball thing of hate and pew pew.

More than that, it had every bit of quirks that made it both compelling and moving from the music to the last space battle scene. The crew knowing it could be a last mission, but going anyway, for the sake of rebellion...

Chills.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

huge star wars fan
never liked han

Dude, just some of the things you post

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
They should have left both Star Wars and Indiana Jones at three movies. Everything after those originals has sucked. This last movie was a steaming pile of Sith.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

eh not as funny when you find out they are eating the storm troppers and were going to eat the rebels before c3po became their god for a time.

more on topic im a starwars fanatic so im a bit biased , i liked rogue one and thought the last jedi was pretty good they did get rid of snoke a bit to quickly with out even pretending to explain his backstory ,im gonna go see the new solo movie mostly because its a tradition with my father who is now 78, his dad took him to all the original trilogies ,he took me to the prequel ones (i know i know not as many of those) so for me its more then just the movies but the family experience one i wont have for much longer going by his health. but i digress . for those skeptical about the "new star wars" look into the old clone wars tv series it stars off as a kids show then gets surprisingly deep for one targeted at the kiddos, then go on to rebels which is sadly more kid related but continues some of the stories from the clone wars in some cases to their conclusions and sets the tone for a new generation of star wars characters (with out evil jar jar)

mild spoilers if you havent seen rebels or clone wars tv show but seeing vader(Anakin) interact with his former padwan asoka tano for me who grew up with the clone wars as a young adult was one of the more awesome things ive ever seen in a cartoon ,from vaders entrance to the last glimpse we saw of him as Anikin when his mask was damaged before fully truly turning into the darkside was a huge nerd moment for me that admittedly almost got me to cry

www.youtube.com...
note this has spoilers for rebels finale and baring the Mustafar arc from clone wars least in my opinion is one of the more important incidents as far as star wars lore goes. and goes to show that even though now disny has the reins David feloni is being true to the old school star wars and expanding it as one of the masters of the new star wars universe (hes getting a new show a rumored live action starwars tv show and another animated one)

i do think they shouldn't be bringing back darth maul for a 3rd frigging time though is getting old (obiwon has killed him twice now) and now we get more of him in a solo story (pretty sure thats not a spoiler but i follow alot of star wars stuff so if its spoilery mods can delete ) as i think the best send off they could have given him is his last battle against Obi won on tatooine when he threatened to go after luke after the fall of the jedi during rebels and serves as a tribute to the old school samuri movies that infulenced lucas him self to write star wars in the first place

www.youtube.com...
from the quick action and ending of their brief interaction at least in my modest nerdy opinion it goes to show that even though Disney has the reins Feloni at least understands the reason George made the trilogy in the first place and is a worthy successor to the old george lucas people in the 1970s were enamored by and those who fell in love with the early star wars movies like my father did who turned it into treasured memories and a family tradition my family intends to continue as long as they keep making them .

sorry for the nerd rant but i still have faith in those old wizards and gunslingers in space

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I'm a Star Wars fan. I actually really liked The Last Jedi though. Solo doesn't look very good; it's probably something I'd rent before buying. Emilia Clarke is a bright spot for me. I do want to see the kessel run also. I'll have to ignore the sub par Han and the 'pansexual' lando.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join