It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NFL Policy. Re: The National Anthem.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

what kind of nonsense is that statement?

"NFL communists"

this is what happens when you can only rely on using false communist pejorative's

"Not standing is ultra-liberal."

Isn't that the "Freedom of choice" that so-called "America" claims? are you saying people should be forced to stand for a worthless spectacle?

are you saying you approve corporations to dictate what people can do with threats and penalties? talk about "small government"

"America"

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: network dude
It's a respect thing.

It's a good thing Jesus and God don't know about it.

I mean, people have actually been kneeling in churches for ages. Such disrespect!

Do you feel like this is an intelligent post?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

edit on 23 5 18 by projectvxn because: Removed because the poster I was replying to isn't worth the effort.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

This is nothing more than manufactured outrage because Trump was denied the opportunity to purchase the Buffalo Bills back in the day, and the man-child-in-chief holds eternal grudges. He played his supporters like a fiddle to get his petty revenge, and they ate it up.

If that's the case, then Trump is a pretty cunning guy. I mean, to hold a grudge, and go as far at becoming president, just to enact revenge? I'd say he's a force to be reckoned with. It's sad that you would say silly things like that, then act as if he's not intelligent in the same sentence. Kind of shows a lack of intellect.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That's why so many died to protect your rights.

Yes, WWII.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I do not believe that sporting events are the correct platform for protesting. Go get a sign and stand out on a street corner. I am there for a game not a lecture.

This is a business. There are rules. It is a job. If you do not like it go play in another country.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Its just a weird topic to an outsider. I understand the need for the national anthem for championship games and the like but having the national anthem played for every game is a bit.......totalitarian. Honestly, its the sort of thing you expect in a nation with massive pictures of "dear leader' everywhere, not a free nation.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It's sad that you would say silly things like that, then act as if he's not intelligent in the same sentence. Kind of shows a lack of intellect.

He didn't need to be president to attack the NFL, but having such support certainly didn't hurt. Correlation is not causation, and his lack of emotional maturity has nothing to do with his intelligence. There's a reason EQ an IQ are different concepts. Your straw man arguments kinda show a lack of intellect when it comes to constructing logical arguments.
edit on 5/23/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I am all for free speech. Protests. Getting things done...on your own time. That's all. They have 7 months of non-game time. Go build some houses or do some good in your neighborhood. Warrick Dunn is a great example.

Protesting the anthem because of police brutality is simply ignorant on the football field.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I am torn on this issue, as I have always been since this happened last year. Are they football players first or Americans first>? Just because it is uncomfortable for some to see (me included) it shouldn't take away there right to protest.. I know some people just see football players as entertainers but I mean there people first. They have a right to protest just like any other American. More to the point they should have any more moral obligation to protest due to their platform and status. That they can bring more attention to an issue because of their celebrity status.

My solution would be for the NFL to make something like a foundation that they had last year "my cause My cletes" where NFL players promote a cause they feel strongly about and support it and bring attention to it.

IF there was a social justice awarsness foundation supported by the NFL I think that would be a possible solution

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Trump wasn't denied an opportunity to purchase the Buffalo Bills. Terry Pegula outbid him.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: projectvxn

You mean like the thread about the “cry closet” at university, even though it didn’t directly affect the OP at all, and no one is forced to go into the closet? You mean like that?

"University" = emotionally stunted weak "adult" factories.

“Football fans = mentally stunted “hold my beer” types.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

They have every right to protest, even if their rules are against it. Sure there may be repercussions, but that's the choice they make when protesting. Some of the repercussions are that fans chose not to participate anymore. That effected the bottom line, and enacted the change we see here today.

so everyone is still free to do anything they like. Fans are free to not watch, players are free to break their leagues rules.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I see "compromise" isn't in your vernacular.

Not really... why chase smelt when you can catch sharks?

link   

originally posted by: introvert

Isn't it sad that the NFL feels the need to explain themselves or placate to ultra-nationalists?

No.

link   

You mean like the thread about the “cry closet” at university, even though it didn’t directly affect the OP at all, and no one is forced to go into the closet? You mean like that?

wow, kindergarten much?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Has he now changed his story on this like he has on so many other things? It's hard to keep track of his ever shifting "alternative facts".

For the longest time Trump claimed he was shut-out/denied the opportunity to become an NFL team owner; so now the story is that he was simply outbid instead?

edit on 5/23/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

wow, kindergarten much?

No, I’m not a football fan.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It's sad that you would say silly things like that, then act as if he's not intelligent in the same sentence. Kind of shows a lack of intellect.

He didn't need to be president to attack the NFL, but having such support certainly didn't hurt. Correlation is not causation, and his lack of emotional maturity has nothing to do with his intelligence. There's a reason EQ an IQ are different concepts. Your straw man arguments kinda show a lack of intellect when it comes to constructing logical arguments.

I am confused now. Was Trump smart for enacting change in the NFL with just one sentence, or was he dumb for being able to enact change in the NFL with just one sentence?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

wow, kindergarten much?

No, I’m not a football fan.

Does that make you better than those who are?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join