It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he will propose new tax cuts prior to November

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I read last month that the IRS for the month of April (or May ?) took in a record amount of tax revenue.. As far as I am concerned any time someone proposes cutting taxes they are a heck of a lot better than someone wanting to raise them !!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he will propose new tax cuts sometime prior to November, when Republicans look to retain their control of the U.S. Congress in midterm elections.

Trump said he would meet with Republican Representative Kevin Brady, chairman of the tax-writing House Ways and Means Committee, about the proposal. He did not give any details.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Maybe this time the democratic leadership will say it is a whole slice instead of just crumbs..? Naw I am dreaming ...hahah

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Excellent, the defecit isn't high enough yet!

Spanky is gonna resurrect all the classics to rally his base for the midterms. Lock her up, build the wall - Mexico will pay, racist snake poem, remember the election wasn't my inauguration crowd the yugest, tax cuts, something about abortion, drain the swamp, it'll be a hoot!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

How dare he try to take less of our money!

He must be racist!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

He must be racist!

Is that what I said? No. How absurd.

Do you suppose these new tax cuts will remain for the rich but dry up for the poor like the last ones?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Come on libertarians "Taxation is theft" when will Trump drain the swamp and abolish Taxes!!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

sigh

Lets go over WITH FACTS why your statement is full of BS (and thats being nice) .

1. Deficits are caused when YOU SPEND MORE THAN YOU TAKE IN.
TAXES (be high or low) are irrelevant to this fact.

2. You CANNOT TAX YOUR WAY OUT OF DEFICITS.
If you spend 1.68 (or more depending) for every dollar you bring in increasing taxes WONT CHANGE THAT.

3. MOST IMPORTANT......EVERY TIME TAXES HAVE BEEN CUT by regan, bush, KENNEDY (hardly a republican) the money coming into the treasury HAS INCREASED my minimum of two times and sometime even three or more.
Trump is showing he is NO EXCEPTION.

the problem is AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN .....SPENDING.

You can scream, cry, name call, blame republicans , blame trump, and/or reuse the tired old propaganda till your blue in the face. IT WONT CHANGE THIS BASIC FACT.

I have a novel idea for democrats and anti trump people.

SPEND LESS THAN YOU TAKE IN.
Do something we all have to do at home and PRIORITIZE.

second reality you cant pay for everything / promise everyone everythinhg.

Last THE TAXPAYER who works to pay taxes HAS NO MORE MONEY.

Scrounger

BTW If rich are paying too little taxes as warren buffet (obama tax guru) stated, why is he OR ANY DEMOCRAT that claims the "rich" dont pay enough VOLUNTEER TO PAY MORE.......hmmmmmmm

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Nothing you just posted was a fact.

*sigh*... maybe Trump will promise to release his taxes again as well while he's at it. Got to keep the people interested till the next vote.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

He must be racist!

Is that what I said? No. How absurd.

Do you suppose these new tax cuts will remain for the rich but dry up for the poor like the last ones?

initially that looked like it would under the law.
where the BUSINESS tax cuts are permanent but the personal ones have a sunset clause.

however when one takes a non partisan look at it what trump did was BRILLIANT negotiating move.

First it was the ONLY WAY it would have passed. If all permanent it would have been fought by many (mostly democrats you see why in a second) and not pass.

Second it gives (as its showing ) MOST PEOPLE (nothing is 100 percent people, especially since tax cuts ONLY EFFECT THOSE PAYING TAXES DUH) and businesses money back in their pocket.

Third the democrats think it gave them a campaign theme of how "trump and republicans" dont care about the "working man"

fourth and where trump brilliance in negotiation tactics came in.
the only way tax increases get passed is to hide it or wrap it in some "cause" like "increase funding for schools for the children" and hope it gets passed the voters.

In this case given (despite all the propaganda) that people WHO PAY TAXES (not those who oppose it due to on the government dole) ARE GETTING MORE BACK (dependent on how much they make/pay in taxes) .

what politician (no matter if D or R) outside of the ultra rabid left , is gonna want to put his/her well paying government job at risk to support a TAX INCREASE aka let the cuts end?

HECK in IL where the democrats run the state could not get enough support to let income tax increase be continued at sunset time.

If this is drifting I am sorry
IMO as more see more money in their pockets no matter how much the press and liberals push they are not gonna convince people that more taxes or blocking more tax cuts is a good thing

scrounger

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Why doesn't he got along with his promises? Build the wall, bring back American jobs. He had a GOP controlled congress right?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Don't you know the debt and deficits only matter if a Democrat is President?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

sigh

Lets go over WITH FACTS why your statement is full of BS (and thats being nice) .

1. Deficits are caused when YOU SPEND MORE THAN YOU TAKE IN.
TAXES (be high or low) are irrelevant to this fact.

2. You CANNOT TAX YOUR WAY OUT OF DEFICITS.
If you spend 1.68 (or more depending) for every dollar you bring in increasing taxes WONT CHANGE THAT.

3. MOST IMPORTANT......EVERY TIME TAXES HAVE BEEN CUT by regan, bush, KENNEDY (hardly a republican) the money coming into the treasury HAS INCREASED my minimum of two times and sometime even three or more.
Trump is showing he is NO EXCEPTION.

the problem is AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN .....SPENDING.

You can scream, cry, name call, blame republicans , blame trump, and/or reuse the tired old propaganda till your blue in the face. IT WONT CHANGE THIS BASIC FACT.

I have a novel idea for democrats and anti trump people.

SPEND LESS THAN YOU TAKE IN.
Do something we all have to do at home and PRIORITIZE.

second reality you cant pay for everything / promise everyone everythinhg.

Last THE TAXPAYER who works to pay taxes HAS NO MORE MONEY.

Scrounger

BTW If rich are paying too little taxes as warren buffet (obama tax guru) stated, why is he OR ANY DEMOCRAT that claims the "rich" dont pay enough VOLUNTEER TO PAY MORE.......hmmmmmmm

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
- George Bernard Shaw

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
-P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
-Ronald Reagan (1986)

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-Thomas Jefferson

And a true profit:

If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when it's free!
-P.J. O'Rourke

I would not pay a dime if I did not have to.. Paid all my life and now being retired I am still paying..

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

😉

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouCannotBeSerious

Nothing you just posted was a fact.

*sigh*... maybe Trump will promise to release his taxes again as well while he's at it. Got to keep the people interested till the next vote.

first no matter if trump posts his tax returns or not is NOT GONNA EFFECT the deficit .
In fact his, yours, mine, the popes, palosi , warren buffet, or the man driving the bus if publicly released WONT CHANGE the deficit.
please stop using this tired old pathetic propoganda

BTW the op topic is on TAX CUTS not trumps TAX RETURNS.....
If you want to debate that then start a topic or comment on many OP on this very issue.
I know its hard because you dont like trump but try staying on topic to be taken seriously.

Second...im sorry but just stating "nothing you posted was a fact" and not backing it up, or even adult debate, may fly in the main stream press , anti trump and liberal supporters .
but in DEBATE is NOT FACTS.

so if you care to PROVIDE FACTS on each point i welcome it.

but since you didnt I suspect you have nothing and/or wish not to look foolish.

Example...how EXACTLY is a deficit not spending more than you take in?

scrounger
edit on 23-5-2018 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Why doesn't he got along with his promises? Build the wall, bring back American jobs. He had a GOP controlled congress right?

the OP topic is TAX CUTS.
Not about the wall and american jobs.

I know its hard for liberals, democrats, and anti trump people to stay on topic
But if you want to be taken seriously, you need to do that.

But to be fair I will respond to your comment " he had a GOP controlled congress"

You do know that the president can under the constitution ONLY sign or not sign bills that the congress and senate PASS and send to his desk right?

or did you not pay attention in constitution class?

But remember he also asked for a tax cut, the bill came to his desk and he signed what he said he wanted to do.

but hey dont let facts and constitutional law get in way of your anti trump rant

Scrounger

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

That was awesome.
How is it that it has somehow become necessary to explain things like this to actual grown ups? I'm telling you guys it's brain damage.

How do these folks balance their checkbook?
Do they just run around until "Now my card don't work no more!"

Why is it news to ANYONE that XX% of Americans "Can't afford to pay their bills"?

Ima go pop some popcorn and wait for the But...But...But...Tax cuts...Russia...Orange...Hitler...Fascists...
I don't imagine I'll have to wait long...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Notice that this point ALSO APPLIES to who is in the majority of congress and senate

Under constitutional law its the CONGRESS AND SENATE that TOGETHER pass spending and budget bills that are sent to the president to SIGN OR VETO.

then up to them to try to override the veto

Basic constitution class 101.

so the true blame for setting up the failure more goes to congress than the president .

scrounger

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

That was awesome.
How is it that it has somehow become necessary to explain things like this to actual grown ups? I'm telling you guys it's brain damage.

How do these folks balance their checkbook?
Do they just run around until "Now my card don't work no more!"

Why is it news to ANYONE that XX% of Americans "Can't afford to pay their bills"?

Ima go pop some popcorn and wait for the But...But...But...Tax cuts...Russia...Orange...Hitler...Fascists...
I don't imagine I'll have to wait long...

better get microwave popcorn to be back in time

I give it in 3....2....1

scrounger

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

See?

That's like trying to explain to someone how an internal combustion engine operates, and after you finish they ask "Yeah, but is a dolphin a fish, or not?"
or "Yeah, but do butterflies really LIKE mustard?"

Do people no longer have any sense of internal monologue at all?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

Notice that this point ALSO APPLIES to who is in the majority of congress and senate

Under constitutional law its the CONGRESS AND SENATE that TOGETHER pass spending and budget bills that are sent to the president to SIGN OR VETO.

then up to them to try to override the veto

Basic constitution class 101.

so the true blame for setting up the failure more goes to congress than the president .

scrounger

You know, I think that they do the exact same thing that I talked about with just buying stuff till their card stops working.

You remember what Jim Morrison said?

"I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole ****house comes down"

Kinda like that...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The point some are making is tax cuts are an illusion until the budget can be dealt with. If you continue to raise the budget and not control spending and on top of that want things like a wall and infrastructure reform it's all smoke and mirrors.

What needs to be done are discussions about how to freeze spending so we can cut taxes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join