It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Clapper - Comey - CONSPIRED to Keep President-Elect TRUMP From Being Sworn In on 1.20.2017

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: notsure1

Michael Cohen's business partner has plead guilty and is cooperating with Mueller.
The need to steer the narrative this morning is urgent. When ever had news for him is released he goes on a tirade.
He's actually naming his narrative Spygate! What a laugh.

I actually feel embarrassed for you..

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Indeed, some prominent Democrats have been warning about the damage the hysteria is doing to their chances, but it was too little too late. The TDS had already been fuelled to the point that it created some serious lunatics that are now uncontrollable. They are a bit like suicide bombers.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So how many other unverified rumors from people he had not met before has Mcstain given to the fbi? If he has previously, then ok no harm. If, as I and others suspect, this is the first time then BS. This was done purely out of partisan politics. What Mcstain effectively did was take rumors and give them to the fbi to start a bs investigation based on RUMORS. Steele has ADMITTED in court in the uk that the dossier is crap.

So you've got nothing. Because nowhere in all that hateful snark did you even attempt to answer my question: What should McCain have done???

A sitting senator is given information by a British DIPLOMAT -- not some random guy in an alley or an anonymous phone call, but by a government official -- investigated and compiled by another British official (MI6) with major political and criminal implications. The information didn't come from an anonymous phone call or some random dude in a dark alley. It came from British officials. I cannot think of any good reasons why any sitting elected official would NOT turn it over to the appropriate law enforcement agency for the necessary and proper investigation. McCain did exactly what he should have done. It wasn't McCain's job to investigate the allegations, nor was it McCain's place to decide guilt or innocence. It is the FBI's job to do so.

Which is exactly why Fusion GPS et al contrived for McCain to get the information to begin with. It was a twofer: It got the information into the hands of the FBI and thus justified the investigation, and it was intended to ensure that McCain and Never Trumper Republicans would be blamed.

Hate McCain all you want, but as far as I can see, he did the right thing under the circumstances. We have too many critters in the swamp turning a blind eye to wrongdoing as it is. If you give McCain the power to decide guilt and innocence all by his lonesome and act accordingly, then you are also giving the same power to the very swamp creatures that you supposedly want drained...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

For a post like that you need to make sure you get your facts right.

1) the dossier does not provide any evidence of a crime.
2) It's not the FBI's job to decide who is guilty or innocent.
3) Steele was not 'another British official'. He was self-employed.

Your argument is like saying that if Maxine Waters gave you a document that said Trump was a space alien, your role would be to hand it to the police.

edit on 23/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's becoming obvious that the Obama administration is trying to stage a coup against a duly elected sitting president.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

For a post like that you need to make sure you get your facts right.

Indeed.

1) the dossier does not provide any evidence of a crime.

I never said it did. In fact, I specifically said "information" and "allegations." I also specifically said that it was not McCain's job to investigate the information, much less determine what constituted "evidence" or otherwise.

2) It's not the FBI's job to decide who is guilty or innocent.

I never said it was. In fact, I specifically said it was their job to investigate the information and allegations, not to determine guilt or innocence.

3) Steele was not 'another British official'. He was self-employed.

Excuse me for not specifying "former" British official. However, his former status as a British official with MI6 gave him the same credibility.

Your argument is like saying that if Maxine Waters gave you a document that said Trump was a space alien, your role would be to hand it to the police.

Oh dear lord... because Russians are in any way comparable to space aliens? And Maxine Waters is comparable to MI6? And I'm somehow comparable to a sitting senator???

Okay. Gotcha.
edit on 23-5-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I get what you're saying here Boad.

To me it just shows that McCain was not in the side of truth but rather only interested in maintaining his own carefully cultivated power base both in and outside the nation.

McCain plays the game and that has been known and so game players sought him out to help further their agenda.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

So how many other unverified rumors from people he had not met before has Mcstain given to the fbi? If he has previously, then ok no harm. If, as I and others suspect, this is the first time then BS. This was done purely out of partisan politics. What Mcstain effectively did was take rumors and give them to the fbi to start a bs investigation based on RUMORS. Steele has ADMITTED in court in the uk that the dossier is crap.

So you've got nothing. Because nowhere in all that hateful snark did you even attempt to answer my question: What should McCain have done???

A sitting senator is given information by a British DIPLOMAT -- not some random guy in an alley or an anonymous phone call, but by a government official -- investigated and compiled by another British official (MI6) with major political and criminal implications. The information didn't come from an anonymous phone call or some random dude in a dark alley. It came from British officials. I cannot think of any good reasons why any sitting elected official would NOT turn it over to the appropriate law enforcement agency for the necessary and proper investigation. McCain did exactly what he should have done. It wasn't McCain's job to investigate the allegations, nor was it McCain's place to decide guilt or innocence. It is the FBI's job to do so.

Which is exactly why Fusion GPS et al contrived for McCain to get the information to begin with. It was a twofer: It got the information into the hands of the FBI and thus justified the investigation, and it was intended to ensure that McCain and Never Trumper Republicans would be blamed.

Hate McCain all you want, but as far as I can see, he did the right thing under the circumstances. We have too many critters in the swamp turning a blind eye to wrongdoing as it is. If you give McCain the power to decide guilt and innocence all by his lonesome and act accordingly, then you are also giving the same power to the very swamp creatures that you supposedly want drained...

You think Sitting Senators should bring every piece of rubbish brought to them by people they do not know to the director of the fbi?
nice
McSTAIN should have directed the unknown person to the local fbi office.
McSTAIN has made himself into a lowly courier, an errand boy even.
I notice you chose not to address the fact that STEELE himself has testified in court that the dossier is crap.
Funny you say NOTHING about that.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I get what you're saying here Boad.

Whew! Thank you!

To me it just shows that McCain was not in the side of truth...

Yes, I'm sure McCain really wanted any allegations to be true and was quite happy to do his "duty" in handing it over.

...but rather only interested in maintaining his own carefully cultivated power base both in and outside the nation.

McCain plays the game and that has been known and so game players sought him out to help further their agenda.

Yes, I understand why McCain would be a good choice for Fusion et al. Especially because McCain could go straight to the top dog at the FBI, whereas others might not have had that direct connection.

This is why it's all seemed so contrived... because it is. I'm not trying to defend McCain. I'm just trying to see the big picture and how established protocols and procedures were compromised to accomplish this, thus giving it weight and substance -- or at least the illusion of weight and substance.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

You said:

...nor was it McCain's place to decide guilt or innocence. It is the FBI's job to do so.

Again, it is not the FBI's job to 'decide guilt or innoncence'

I am just saying that if you are going to make a post like you did, at least be sure to get the basics right.

As for Maxine Waters - well I am comparing here to an 'official' that passed the dossier to McCain.
Why would that official be any more of an official and be any more trustworthy than a Congresswoman? (for another thread, but somebody being an 'official' does not make them credible or trustworthy).

edit on 23/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Prison sentences

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This whole thing is deep.

The first indications and investigations about "Russians" started in March 2013 when "Guccifer" spread some Hillary emails around.

So this "Russian" thing has been going on for 5+ years and now what ?

It's ludicrous.

And it's ironic as Hell.

😀

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You think Sitting Senators should bring every piece of rubbish brought to them by people they do not know to the director of the fbi?

Come on... now you're just doubling down on making crap up? I never said that and you know it. There is a happy medium between all and nothing. But I gotcha. You don't have a problem with critters hiding evidence of potential wrongdoing as long as it protects your guy. Okay.

nice

Indeed.

McSTAIN should have directed the unknown person to the local fbi office.

Okay. That's a start. But that raises its own questions. Which one? Is there a "local" FBI office in London? And given the implications for national security, would McCain have any reason to believe that such information should only be revealed to the highest levels of intelligence, rather than the lowest rungs of the FBI? Is there an established protocol for foreign diplomats to report such information? Perhaps to their own officials to be passed on thru the proper channels to USA officials? In which case, should McCain have known about what the proper channels were for such information?

McSTAIN has made himself into a lowly courier, an errand boy even.

Fair enough.

I notice you chose not to address the fact that STEELE himself has testified in court that the dossier is crap.
Funny you say NOTHING about that.

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with what McCain knew at the time he turned it over to the FBI. Steele had not yet testified at that time. So it's moot.

Funny you keep bringing it up as if McCain was supposed to know the future.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Mccain did what his duty TO THE POWERS THAT BE dictated.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'll just leave this here - the commentary fits too.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's becoming obvious that the Obama administration is trying to stage a coup against a duly elected sitting president.

Maybe its time to put it down with violence?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: thedigirati

just how it works. post a few blatant lies, run away, repeat as needed, and never own up to your mistakes.
There are a few here who belong to that club.

Indeed

What I can't figure out is whether or not they're intentionally pushing an agenda/propaganda/lies or whether they just don't feel we're worthy of concerted intellectual discussion.

Either way, my 2018/2020 votes will be exactly like my 2016 vote: a big "screw you" to those folks

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with what McCain knew at the time he turned it over to the FBI. Steele had not yet testified at that time. So it's moot.

I will kindly direct you back to my comment about mcstain bringing every piece of rubbish to the fbi director.
Steele knew it was unverified and that is all that matters.
Mcstain wanted to be "the one to bring trump down". That was the ONLY reason he participated.
It is a trashy backhanded play by trashy people. If this was so "legit" why didn't steele bring this to the brits?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Depends on whether or not the subversion of our Republic/Constitution is imminent. If so, then yes. Fortunately, armed Citizens are the last line of defense and the bulk majority or our Military/Police support the WH/patriots.

And those who don't? Let God sort it out.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The original FSB reports that the "Dossier" is based on is actually about a different person too.

It's not Trump.

That's why it sounds convincing and intriguing.

Here's the buzzfeed docs that "name" Trump ...
substitute some names and change some "facts" and it's plain as day

😮

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join