It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Utah "Cry Closet" lets students "just let it all out" during finals

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

This is not the first time I have heard of such things in schools.
Of course, our teachers normally went into the coatroom. It didn't really help very much; we could still hear her cussing .

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
The science of why crying is actually good for your mental health.

www.webmd.com...

Of Course, science is stoopid, amiright?

That's beside the point. The point is that the average kid with the average course load shouldn't need to dissolve into tears over finals.

Lots of things in their actual life will be worse than finals week.

What will happen to them during their first weeks as a parent, for example?
edit on 22-5-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Doing your damned homework reduces stress.

I always have told my kids that the easiest test is the one you have prepared for, and homework only gets stressful if you have not completed it on time.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
at least the SJW's are predictable. they are here taking up for the cause. But don't be angry at me, I'm just pointing it out, you who are SJW's are just being true to yourselves. Embrace that.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Life is hard. Life often sucks. It is a struggle.

Life is not easy. Success requires work and effort.

And even then, you may not succeed.

Someone should have told those kids that.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Life is hard. Life often sucks. It is a struggle.

Life is not easy. Success requires work and effort.

And even then, you may not succeed.

Someone should have told those kids that.

But if you tell them that, it damages their self-esteem. Then they need a therapy dog.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They’ll probably cry a few times. I know I did. Crying didn’t stop me from being a good mom. Just like crying won’t stop these kids from acing their finals. I truly don’t know why you guys are getting so upset over this. It really ain’t no big deal.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If anyone has ever had a glass of wine or a stiff drink after a stressful day, you are weak and you will never survive life!!!! Tough it out!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

This is what society has become. And people wonder why there are school shootings. Because people can’t handle adversity at all stages of life. Whether it’s being bullied or taking a tough exam.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I never cried over the finals. They lasted one week, if that.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If anyone has ever had a glass of wine or a stiff drink after a stressful day, you are weak and you will never survive life!!!! Tough it out!

Nope.

I am weak.

But my vagina hat be stylin'

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: kaylaluv

I never cried over the finals. They lasted one week, if that.

Nobody’s forcing anyone to cry who doesn’t want to. This is “Murica”. Cry if you want, don’t cry if you don’t want. That’s freedom baby! Ain’t it great?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Nope.

I am weak.

'

Weaklings like you are what’s wrong with this society! You should never do anything to relieve stress! No exercise, no sex, no drinking, no hot baths, no relaxing! No gaming! Not even a hot cup of tea. Tough it out! Be a man!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Nope.

I am weak.

'

Weaklings like you are what’s wrong with this society! You should never do anything to relieve stress! No exercise, no sex, no drinking, no hot baths, no relaxing! No gaming! Not even a hot cup of tea. Tough it out! Be a man!

Now you just made me cry. . . . .

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You told me once that therapy dog scared you, so all I have left is a participation trophy.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wasn't going to comment on that picture, but I did make a small pee in my pants when I saw it.

Thankyouverymuch!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You know anxiety is a very real thing.

Its not about raising a generation of pu$$ies, its really quite a disturbing thing for any individual to go through.

In the past, the treatment for anxiety was to "man up" or just to "get a grip". I think when you look at the levels of suicide in the 18-28 age group then you can quiet clearly see that this "treatment" was never working, cronic anxiety is a horrible mental health condition that can easily be exacerbated when at college so taking steps to help students with anxiety has to be a good thing.

Now I personally don't think a "cry closest" is in anyway the right way to go about it, but at least they are doing something and using art as a expression of their attempts to help.

Anxiety is self-made
A fact of life
In the old days , we called it fretting
Folks speculating on the future in the worst way
Its only disturbing for the ones already disturbed

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Duh. All emotions are self-made. Ever got angry? You did that to yourself. What’s your point?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

edit on 22-5-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Duh. All emotions are self-made. Ever got angry? You did that to yourself. What’s your point?

That some weak folks put themselves in a position that requires a safe space to cry ?
For no reason except they can
That was too easy .
Try again...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join