It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic battle between eagle, fox and rabbit on San Juan Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was rooting for the rabbit.

A photographer was in the right place at the right time to capture some amazing footage at San Juan National Historical Park here in Washington State. I've posted a couple of photos and an incredible video.

SOURCE ARTICLE

Nature was on grand display on Washington's San Juan Island this month — and photographer Kevin Ebi was there to document it. He describes the scene as a 'dramatic act of thievery' when a bald eagle tried stealing a rabbit from a young red fox at San Juan Island National Historical Park. This battle went airborne - more than 20 feet at times - and the tussle was photographed from start to finish.

Ebi says the red fox isn't native to San Juan Island, but introduced by settlers in the 1900s. He also notes that rabbits aren't the main prey of the fox, which typically prefer berries, insects and voles. But on this day, a young fox and rabbit found themselves on the sharp talon-end of a hunting eagle. The scene began when the fox snatched a rabbit in a meadow and that's when Ebi noticed an eagle closing in on the rabbit. He writes, "To my surprise, the scene was even more dramatic than I expected. I thought the fox would drop the rabbit, giving the eagle an easy dinner." But the eagle had both animals in its clutches and the three animals took flight in a continuous struggle. Ebi says the kit put up a noble fight and the eagle let go with one talon, sending the fox falling back to Earth.

edit on 5222018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Imagine those talons grab you

It's like that bad choice to die game
Run over by a steam roller or have a brick wall fall on you
Would you prefer to be bitten by a fox or grabbed by an eagle

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

the fox looked like he knew the attack was eminent. Animal instinct and all.
Very cool thread, thanks for posting this!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I thought it was a good metaphor for humanity. The rabbit is like wealth and the fox is the working citizen. In comes the eagle of State to claim what the fox worked hard for.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This fox is very luck for me. My younger brother bring kids fox in home. My brother child playing with kids fox. They play in garden, and room, hall anywhere in home. I learn from this Spirit Animal kids fox. I really learn that Role of Spirit Animals in your life vital to enjoy every time with your family without any angry.
edit on Jun 18th 2018 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join