It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nimitz story in the former OMF forum

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFinalTheoryReturns
but here we have descriptions of Ra Nt-Ka delving in water as well as on land, and the papyri mention that the animal “of great stature” “eat of the Niles grass”, whose tail when lashed “can kill an army of men” and “whose necks reach out to the sky”

This sounds like the Congo beast ~ Mokele Mbembe

www.youtube.com...

creation.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

originally posted by: IMSAM
Dunno if it has been posted but here goes

Nimitz UFO-Video: Alleged Trace to German Film Production Company Leads to a Mysterious Dead End

That article was based on the recollections of the leadership of the relevant German company, Vision Unlimited, in 2017. From my contacts with them in 2017-2018, they had clearly forgotten much of what they said to me in 2007-2008 and the relevant events in those years.

Basically, in 2007-2008 they remembered uploading the video to their server for a friend - so the mystery portrayed in the article in 2017 was basically just due to memories fading in relation to something that, at the time, wasn't such a big deal.

I've read this as well, interesting. I never knew why Cometa chose that site for an upload. I personally don't have anything to do with Vision Unlimited, and never interfaced with them in any way / shape / form. On a side note, looks like I've got a mention in Popular Mechanics as well. *lol*

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is an interesting concept / thought.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFinalTheoryReturns

Hi TFT-R - it's nice to see you are back.

Earlier, you were kind enough to answer a question about mpeg encoding. Could I possibly ask another?

Did you perform the analogue to digital conversion of the Hi8 tape? It likely went via an analogue capture board, or DV conversion deck. Was the PC with the burner equipped with anything like this?

Until the was done, it couldn't have been turned into MPEG - so I believe that if you didn't do it, then it might have been David Fravour, as he talks of the video being emailed but clearly that can't be done with analogue Hi 8.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

Hi TFT-R - it's nice to see you are back.

Earlier, you were kind enough to answer a question about mpeg encoding. Could I possibly ask another?

Did you perform the analogue to digital conversion of the Hi8 tape? It likely went via an analogue capture board, or DV conversion deck. Was the PC with the burner equipped with anything like this?

Until the was done, it couldn't have been turned into MPEG - so I believe that if you didn't do it, then it might have been David Fravour, as he talks of the video being emailed but clearly that can't be done with analogue Hi 8.

Thanks!

Hello I wish I could be of more help on this mattery, but at least I can clarify with you that I didn't encode the videos. They were shown to ATS in the way that I acquired them.

Sincerely,

TFT

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Much appreciate - that helps more than I can explain.

Ok, somewhere between you and Fravor, the Hi8 tape was pulled out of the craft, put into either an analogue capture board or a Sony DV deck and we lost around half the horizontal resolution and one field of NTSC analogue video.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

I wonder why this stuff was kept on ship? With the PowerPoint presentation I guess we could extrapolate it might be for training and familiarizing pilots.

On the other hand that totally blows the "some suits came and took everything" story some of the witnesses have claimed.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

On the other hand that totally blows the "some suits came and took everything" story some of the witnesses have claimed.

Funnily enough, I never doubted Fravor when he called BS on witnesses who claimed it occurred - which must have been awkward for Kevin Day since he was TTSA's Star Of The Week in episode 2 of 'Unidentified' - which may explain why Corbell struck Fravor's words from the film record of him on stage.

As for Dave ("If I didn't see it, it didn't happen") Fravor, I wonder if he is a permanent fixture of 'Unidentified' - he's always hanging around the sidelines, but surely he won't need to join the Rendlesham episode this Friday?

- "Hi, Mr Burroughs, I'm Dave - thrilled to hear your story despite the fact I wasn't there to see it."

- "HUH...?"

edit on 26-6-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Is there an unedited version of this video available?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Not publicly so far, CT. But, yes, there appears to be a longer version.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

Is there an unedited version of this video available?

Considering the original was available for a while before Corbell took it down, somebody somewhere is likely to have downloaded it.

When it was re-posted, as far I am aware, no mention was made of edits, merely that the original picture quality was deemed to be under par...

By the way, courtesy of the Wayback Machine, here is a link to HUD work from the German website Vision Unlimited... EDIT: Hmm, the link doesn't seem to work as posted on ATS, so try this alternative - you'll need to download 12.5 MB (f4.mpg).

PS: Not as good quality, but just found this version on YT:

Just in case anyone's curious after 12 years.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yes, and also much higher resolution where (according to the witnesses in Unidentified) the Tic-Tac had small protusions, or fins, which was clearly visible in the video.

There is no way you could possibly make out that kind of detail on the one we have got, and I also find it curious that Fravor seems to think this is the original one.

What kind of resolution is the ATFLIR pod capable of, anyway?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I'm sure they're referring to the extended video of Fravor on stage with Corbell and Curious George.

I'll just check... yes, they are.

Talking of HUDs, though, I hope you found the 'Vision Unlimited' mix of videos above interesting.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Look at you doing some great detective work, CB.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

It was recording to NTSC video standard Hi8 analogue recording device so the maximum resolution is approx 720 pixels by 480 lines split into two fields. It was then encoded into MPEG 1.

No one would create MPEG 2 and MPEG 1 in my opinion, they would simply create MPEG 2 video.

Which means anyone who claims there is a higher resolution version is referring to the Analogue hi8 footage before it was converted to digital and emailed around.

Therefore anyone talking about the higher resolution version, such as Buddy Mellon has seen the 60 he Field, not 29.97 Frame version in either the original analogue form or a new encoding of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Its mind-blogging to me that such an important video has not been analyzed in depth by professionals (besides metabunk).
The video potentially depicts the first ever UAP/UFO captured on video....this should be mind blowing....

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

Its mind-blogging to me that such an important video has not been analyzed in depth by professionals (besides metabunk).
The video potentially depicts the first ever UAP/UFO captured on video....this should be mind blowing....

Which parts of the metabunk analysis (specifically) do you disagree with?

Bearing in mind you have proven to be of zero value to the discussion in the area of your alleged expertise - you would still request a video analyst spends time on an edited, blurry FLIR which has little or no provenance?

There are multiple neuroscience angles to this....contribute rather than whine for things that will support your fantasy construct.

The previous question was out of your area...what's all this about right angles, propagating currents and axons in the brain?
Surely any craft that manipulates space via "metric engineering" has the potential to mess up a localised observer by changing the P&P variables in cognitive function???

edit on 27-6-2019 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Thanks, this is pretty interesting.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Yeah, I went down the Vision Unlimited rabbithole as soon as Isaac pointed out it had been on here before.

It is interesting :-)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

No, the first ever UFO video was made in 1952:

The video was analyzed extensively, a summary of the results can be found here (Condon Report)

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join