It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS - John McCain's Life - Documentary Airs 5.28.2018 on HBO.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Senator John McCain (R-AZ) is going out in style. He just finished a book, is giving interviews, and will be featured in an upcoming HBO documentary on Monday May 28th, entitled "For Whom The Bell Tolls".

Here is a quote from Senator McCain's interview, ahead of his upcoming documentary:

"The American people don't hold Washington and the people who work there in very high esteem. We need to make sure that we give the American people what they deserve, and right now they're not getting it," McCain said in an interview for "For Whom the Bell Tolls," named for the Ernest Hemingway novel which McCain still lists as his favorite.

"I know this is a very vicious disease. I greet every day with gratitude, and I will continue to do everything that I can but I'm also very aware that none of us live forever," he continued. "And I'm confident, and I'm happy, and I'm very grateful for the life I've been able to lead, and I greet the future with joy."
Source article: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Here is a Touching Video Trailer from the HBO Documentary.

Like the rest of us, John McCain has led an imperfect life, but he seems to be unafraid of death. In fact, McCain says he's "looking forward to the future with joy".
Spoken like a true warrior.

-CareWeMust

edit on 5/21/2018 by carewemust because: minor adjustments

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
hope Hemingways descendants sue the traitorous bastard for plagiarizing the title of one of Hemingways books .

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Blimey the dude bled for your country yeah sure disagree with his politics but calling him a traitorous bastard....
Just really low dude.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Blimey the dude bled for your country yeah sure disagree with his politics but calling him a traitorous bastard....
Just really low dude.

he sang like a canary to the north vietnamese when captured causing many more to die .

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Take a look to the sky just before you die
It is the last time you will
Blackened roar massive roar fills the crumbling sky
Shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry
Stranger now, are his eyes, to this mystery
He hears the silence so loud

-Metallica, For Whom the Bell Tolls lyrics

Indeed, indeed.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Easy to slag off someone breaking from torture behind a keyboard isn't it?.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Yeah, and what a style he had.

Career politician and scumbag for hire,

good riddance John McCain.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Just really low dude.

I appreciated how McCain was PRO Military and PRO Military Service Men and Women.

But I didn't like how he torpedoed ObamaCare repeal.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

Just really low dude.

he sang like a canary to the north vietnamese when captured causing many more to die .

How do you know this to be true?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Well you could do a little digging. Here read this article:

Revenge of the Herd

But in McCain’s own words he admitted that just four days after being captured, he violated the U.S. Code of Conduct by telling his captors “O.K., I’ll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital.”

and

McCain’s accounts of torture and beatings were never witnessed by a single other POW. The U.S. Navy says that two eyewitnesses are required for any award of heroism, but for McCain’s valor awards, there are no witnesses except for McCain himself and his captors.
As for McCain refusing an early release, three different POW’s have said that he was ordered to turn it down by his U.S. POW commander. And I have yet to find accounts of other POW’s that were given cakes, fruit, tea and cigarettes. That doesn’t sound like torture to me but more like a man who has become comfortable with the enemy.

Upon McCain’s return from Vietnam, his records as a POW were immediately marked classified. His commanding officer while he was a POW, Colonel Ted Guy, submitted a series of charges to military prosecutors that cited McCain with treason among other things. McCain, along with 33 other POW’s, faced court martial with McCain by far being the one accused of the most serious of crimes. But it was also McCain, who was the son and grandson of distinguished Navy Admirals, that had to be protected at all costs for the sake of his family’s distinguished reputation. Because of this, the worst traitor in American history became known as a war hero and was elected to the Senate. President Richard Nixon issued a blanket pardon for McCain and the other 33 POW’s.

Phoenix New Times March 25, 1999 4:00am

* McCain was never tortured.
Patty: "There are a lot of little nuances, dealing with John McCain. He claims that he was tortured . . . or he implies it. That's a lie."
The Hoppers have located two former POWs who claim they were senior ranking officers at the time McCain says he was tortured in solitary confinement. Ted Guy and Gordon "Swede" Larson both tell New Times that while they could not guarantee that McCain was not physically harmed, they doubted it.
"Between the two of us, it's our belief, and to the best of our knowledge, that no prisoner was beaten or harmed physically in that camp [known as "The Plantation"]," Larson says. ". . . My only contention with the McCain deal is that while he was at The Plantation, to the best of my knowledge and Ted's knowledge, he was not physically abused in any way. No one was in that camp. It was the camp that people were released from."

On what McCain believes was his fourth day in captivity, two guards came into his cell and pulled back his blanket.
I looked at my knee. It was about the size, shape and color of a football. I remembered that when I was a flying instructor a fellow had ejected from his plane and broken his thigh. He had gone into shock, the blood had pooled in his leg, and he died, which came as quite a shock to us--a man dying of a broken leg. Then I realized that a very similar thing was happening to me.
When I saw it, I said to the guard, "O.K., get the officer."
McCain agreed to give military information in exchange for a trip to the hospital, but he was told it was too late. Then, however, the Vietnamese discovered they were holding the "crown prince"--the admiral's son.

So we don't have to say it McCain said it himself, and then lies about doing it. Do your research before going off about how great McCain is.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

Just really low dude.

Get this , and get this good.
1) There are 2 prime directives when captured by the enemy - self-preservation and escape
2) The military allows bits of information to the enemy for the reason of the first directive. The only thing that is really a no-no is troop strength , equipment , and deployment area.

Someone watches too much TV

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Lets hope he finds PEACE in the next world...

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Lets hope he finds PEACE in the next world...

Doubt it, he's known for stirring up war, but hopefully this plain of existence will now be a little more peaceful

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I'm proud of you this morning.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Just really low dude.

Trump told him to. And you don't disobey the golden God.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

The man had an opportunity to get out of that prisoner of war camp because he was an officer and he refused to leave his men behind. He endured unknown torture because of his decision but leave no man behind meant more to him.
Trump may like men who don't get recaptured but when the worst happens I'd rather know a McCain has my back than a trump having my back.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I don't know if what you claim is true. I tend to doubt it.
But...I'd have to wonder how reticent you would be under torture.
I'm sure you're a bastion of strength and could have resisted.
But I'm equally sure you get out of sorts if your dinner is late.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Two of my son's were Metallica fans. I can now hear that song in my head..

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

With a snack nearby and air conditioning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join