It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some many movies release titles where the “A” is missing its horizontal line ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hey guys , sorry for the Original post . My mobile is acting very funny lately ( hyper speed , extremely sensitive to even the faintest touch etc .. ( which is odd especially because it’s an older I phone )not sure if anyone else is going through this ..

Anyways back to the topic at hand .

So I’ve noticed a recoccuring theme within many movies, tv series being released like the Maze runner , Altered Carbon , Salvation , among a host of others ...

I’m curious why the “ A” looks like a pyramid where the horizontal line is removed in all these titles ??

Any theories ?

edit on Sun May 20 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: moved OP to first post

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
moved to first position

edit on Sun May 20 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7

I’m curious why the “ A” looks like a pyramid where the horizontal line is removed in all these titles ??

There you go. Illuminati pyramids are all the rage right now.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Upside down V?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Subliminal messages to MKUltra Delta (Assassins) alters ?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They needed all the millions and billions for the CGI FX, no money for that horizontal line of the A anymore.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's a stylized font. They want it to look futuristic and minimalistic, so they reduce everything down to straight lines to make it look like a vector display font to go with the glowing red hexagon icons. There's a whole art dedicated to typography since the days of Letraset sheets.

The Data70 font back in the 1980's was the most futuristic font at the time, now it just seems rather quaint. Back to the Future and Terminator movie titles had the chrome metal appearance so they made the letters look like manufactured steel. The A-Team used the military stencil.

A fun project is to look through all the free Truetype fonts available. Every style from grafitti to pinball, gothic, cursive handwritten.

venngage.com...

edit on 20-5-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

So, we're all gonna die of typesetting?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
Hey guys , sorry for the Original post . My mobile is acting very funny lately ( hyper speed , extremely sensitive to even the faintest touch etc .. ( which is odd especially because it’s an older I phone )not sure if anyone else is going through this ..

Anyways back to the topic at hand .

So I’ve noticed a recoccuring theme within many movies, tv series being released like the Maze runner , Altered Carbon , Salvation , among a host of others ...

Any theories ?

I have a theory..

CT's like to cherry pick pieces of info to tell the narrative they are trying to get across.

You listed Altered Carbon as being one of the examples of a film that has the A you are wondering about but proceeded to leave out the rest of the information that shows how the whole title font is that way.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Because typesetters don't seem to understand anymore their job is to make things readable. So much #ty typesetting and font choices nowadays.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

CT's like to cherry pick pieces of info to tell the narrative they are trying to get across.

You listed Altered Carbon as being one of the examples of a film that has the A you are wondering about but proceeded to leave out the rest of the information that shows how the whole title font is that way.

Why is the "R" missing a line...as is the "D"?

Why does the "C" have an extra line?

Where's the left side of the "B"?

Why is the "O" an hexagon?

Why does the "A" in "PSYCHASEC" look like a not-quite-complete triangle?

….And why two different kinds of A's (three, actually) anyway in one advertisement?

I'm tired now. I think I'll quit.

edit on 24/5/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join