It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugh Why Is Lucifer Cancelled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
so lame... i love this show. it's been such a fun ride. fox makes a deal for football and suddenly they're jettisoning shows left and right.

i really hope it gets picked up by netflix or hulu or another network or something... it didn't end on as big a cliffhanger as i was afraid of, but i'd love to see more.

any other fans? grieve with me

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Why do they bother doing these "daily grind", complete lack of story arch (i.e. not 'continuous movie') series anymore? This be de age of Serials.

edit on 19-5-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

It was a terrible show and you should feel bad for liking it........I'm just kidding.

In fact I have never seen one episode. I did make a note to watch it one day but now I guess I wont.
Hate when tv shows don't have a proper ending.

I can never understand the thinking behind the networks.
Why did they recently cancel a syfy show called dark matter that was BETTER than the new star trek.

So I take it you like lucifer. What did you like about it?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Why do they bother doing these "daily grind", complete lack of story arch (i.e. not 'continuous movie') series anymore? This be de age of Serials.

this last season did have quite an arc, actually...

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
It was a terrible show and you should feel bad for liking it........I'm just kidding.

why i oughta

In fact I have never seen one episode. I did make a note to watch it one day but now I guess I wont.
Hate when tv shows don't have a proper ending.

I can never understand the thinking behind the networks.
Why did they recently cancel a syfy show called dark matter that was BETTER than the new star trek.

So I take it you like lucifer. What did you like about it?

hm... i liked the playfulness of it. it was absurd and then serious and then absurd again. i thought it had the kind of vibe of buffy or supernatural, not that i watch either of those... and the casting was very good, and they all had a lot of chemistry with each other.

and i loved the lead actor, been following him for a bit. i thought he was perfect in this role and i actually was shipping the relationship you're supposed to ship.

i didn't expect to like this show, honestly. based on the comics but made into a police procedural? sounded ludicrous. but somehow it works... or worked, anyway.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I’m pissed off. Finally had a favourite show to get into.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I played the first couple. Typical formula as far as I'm concerned, for shows in general (either they're Series or Serial), and even more specific ("Daily Grind") that goes on in these shows that have something to do with investigations and the like.

They cook up some whitty, exceptional character, a supporting cast, some reason to interface to said investigational sort of whatever, then set them up with some new daily 'mission' sort of thing to go with the Job they end up in.

Or in otherwords how shows always were strictly up into the 90's. The style carries on, but they try to ever more draft some super duper special intelligent insightful quirky etc sort of lead character to attempt to keep the formula fresh while throwing new 'daily' murder mysteries or whatever at them.

I just cant even get into shows with this old writing style anymore. 'Continuous Movie' is it for me. That's the talent in writing anymore as far as I'm concerned.

So every 'season' new shows like this come out, and I play the first episode or three, but by then I can just already tell there's no arch's and by the third I'm just so distracted elsewhere while its playing I couldnt even tell you what was going on. Its just work to even push on with them for me, ergo "Daily Grind" (watching people work).

And that was my impression when this one got going.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Have you tried Legion or Fargo? They're both playful series with great casts and story lines. I haven't seen much of Lucifer either. It looks like you'd enjoy American Gods if you like Lucifer.

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm with you on that one. TV series always had standalone episodes stitched together with a story arc that mattered less. The last one I remember watching would be Grimm and also the reason why I stopped watching it. Like you, I've spent years watching series doing that and have grown tired of most of them. Give me 'continuous movie' too.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I thought it was "meh" at the very, very best.

But, it really is annoying when a show you love gets canceled without some sort of closure, or even a half-assed attempt to tie things up.

I really wish it'd become standard practice for them to release a final movie that does just that. Some have followed that route, but as a standard, it could bring closure for the audience and have one final test for future viability.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

American gods. legion, and preacher. I think he would like all three of those.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Kandinsky

American gods. legion, and preacher. I think he would like all three of those.

What a trifecta! Great shows. I've watched Legion 2-3 times and enjoying the new season. IMO there's never been a better time for TV series and especially when movies are getting recycled and rebooted all the time.

I haven't watched a new movie since Blade Runner (it was good).

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Never trust fox.....not after firefly....

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I was angry the cancelled it too, ever with the social media effort it is unlikely it will be continued. the last episode had so much potential for a proper ending too. I wasn't even away it was the final either till I looked up when it returns. :/

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I liked the show myself. Tom Ellis fit the role of Lucifer Morningstar perfectly (and his acting was great compared to his days in the show Merlin).

The show actually had several story arcs if one paid attention.

There's no official reason for being cancelled as far as I know, however the speculation right now is:

1) Fox needed to make room for their new football deal (uhg, sports strikes again).

2) A shift in programing to more shows appealing to middle America (whatever that means).

3) Fox needed to make room because they've picked up Last Man Standing.

Fox did come under a huge amount of outrage by fans of the show (they've actually cancelled some others too). There's a Twitter feed, #SaveLucifer , hoping to get another network to pick up the show. It is possible as we've seen from other shows being picked up by networks (Last Man Standing, and Brooklyn 99).

The writers for the show were upset too, as apparently the last episode was done with the thought the show would be greenlighted for a new season.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsAreDumb

You know we never speak of firefly.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

They cancelled The Exorcist too which was a really well acted, filmed and written series.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i do like preacher.. i'll have to check out the other recs as well

my sympathies to anyone else who lost a favored show... thanks guys

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well this sucks.

And we never find out Chloe's reaction to finally finding out Lucifer is the 'devil'.

Agents of shield is over.

Everything else is done or on hiatus.

I couldn't stand either Legion or Preacher.

I did like American Gods.

Also like that one about the dude that saw dead people. I forget it's name.

Ghost Wars sucked.

Good tv is few and far between.

At least IMO.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I couldn't stand either Legion or Preacher.

Funnily enough there's a character in Preacher that reminds me of you and TheRedneck and I don't mean it in a bad way - The Saint of Killers.

I like the way both shows are subversive to the genres.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm sure anyone who cares already knows but Lucifer was picked up by Netflix for next season. I loved the show so I'm thrilled. Will be interesting to see what changes they make even though I'm personally hoping it stays the same. Either way, I hadn't seen it mentioned here so figured I would post it.
edit on 19-8-2018 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: awhispersecho
I'm sure anyone who cares already knows but Lucifer was picked up by Netflix for next season. I loved the show so I'm thrilled. Will be interesting to see what changes they make even though I'm personally hoping it stays the same. Either way, I hadn't seen it mentioned here so figured I would post it.
I was just coming to say this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join