It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigating the "Lost 4th Pyramid" at Giza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: verschickter

Once you get into it it gets really good.

They explain how the Egyptians *must have* discovered the Meter and incorporated it into the pyramid, it goes into how Phi the Golden ratio is used in it's construction, and how all these megalithic sites around the world appear to form a clock or calendar system of some sort.

If they discovered the meter, why aren't any of their measuring rods (of which we have a number of examples) a meter long? Why aren't their mathematical textbooks giving measurements in meters and why don't their surveying instruments give measurements in meters?

In fact, when they're measuring the height of the Nile Floods (done by priests and possibly THE single most important measurement every year) why don't they do it in meters? The use of these Nilometers dates back 5,000 years (just before the pyramids) and not one of them uses metric: (Atlas Obscura article on them)

The way they show how all these sites worldwide align mathematically (and using Phi) is astounding and the conceptualization that these cultures organized together to achieve this global calender is utterly baffling in terms of our "accepted view of history".

What's astounding is how they manage to line up a small set of Sites That They Like (and completely ignore other megalithic sites... did you notice?) and do a "handwavium" on when they were constructed (really... did you check to see the dates?) and everyone goes along with the video (because it's a video) and doesn't bother to actually check.

...or check the math. Because it's math.
edit on 20-5-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: muzzleflash

Have you not watched any of the dozen or so documentaries on the 4th pyramid ? Located on the plateau about 4-5 miles N. East of the G. P.?

Tons of photos, tours down in it, rubble etc... At least search documentaries out!

That's a different pyramid.

This one's claimed to be within hundreds of feet of the main 3.

4 to 5 miles away is a huge difference.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This an interesting topic that I like to revisit every so often.
This 'supposed' 4th pyramid would not be connected to any star from the data I have gathered. It is supposed to be linked with Barnard's Loop. Some argue its a remnant of a supernova, the more professional data suggest it is a Nebula. The other "Orion-Land markers" Mexico, N.A., and China are said to have 4 pyramids on the grid. I don't know how true that is but that is what I have gathered. I love this topic.

Muzzle I remember presenting that same info years back just to be backed into a corner by the trolls, ahem I mean 'professionals'. Even if it isn't 'exact' it is very very impressive.
To my close minded brethren remember. The absence of evidence does not equal the evidence of absence. That doesn't mean we can just pull stuff out of thin air, but I think you catch my drift......

I just returned from like a 6-7 year break due to the non-sense and the sheer insolence purported by e-experts, e-archaeologist.......I just made a post a few days ago about something I saw. I thought I would check my fav forum out, and I see the same people here. The same people behaving in the same immature, condescending manner. LOL we are on a site where we discuss things that are abnormal but people insist on the prescribed explanation. That in itself is insanity unless they are being paid to do so........

Peace guys.
edit on 21-5-2018 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: an addition.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Double Reply.
edit on 21-5-2018 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: Double Reply

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

This 'supposed' 4th pyramid ...

Some here might find this of interest:

Why Do Some People Think There Was a Lost "Black" Pyramid on the Giza Plateau?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Khufu also has an own small satellite pyramid, between the GP and the three queens pyramids..this was found some years ago.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hooke

originally posted by: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

This 'supposed' 4th pyramid ...

Some here might find this of interest:

Why Do Some People Think There Was a Lost "Black" Pyramid on the Giza Plateau?

Thank you for sharing that, it's a really interesting read. Appreciate it!

From the link:

As to the question of what this “Fourth Pyramid” was, I must concur with Col. Vyse, who in 1840 suggested that Norden has mistaken one of Menkaure’s satellite pyramids, the westernmost, for a fourth great pyramid. The ruined satellite pyramid, in the form of a step-pyramid, ends in a cube, while the easternmost one (opposite Menkaure’s northeast-facing corner) could be said to resemble rubble, the “great heap” Norden describes.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Update:

This guy believes the wall of the Crow, a structure believed to be a causeway to the Nile, is the first piece of evidence indicating there may have been a 4th lost pyramid.

I remain highly skeptical because Orion's belt wouldn't match that (that I can think of) and there's no evidence of a foundation yet.

Here's the link to today's new article discussing it:
Causeway evidence of lost 4th pyramid?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I love the pyramids around the world because they represent a bonafide Mystery of the 1st rate.

How was it that they are found pretty much worldwide? And with astonishing yet sometimes differing building methods?

And they seem pretty clearly linked in a lot of profound ways?

We simply have to rewrite history in various significant ways and even alter our views of what's possible.

It is essentially fundamental to "how we view humanity/ourselves" in the most general and holistic ways.

That's why all these little clues and new revelations about our universe matter.

The pyramids are a sort of a "Nexus of Knowledge", covering every topic from general history, astronomy, engineering and architecture, sociocultural questions, religion, everything.

By asking questions and honestly seeking answers about these strange structures it will unlock your brain to fascinating info streams from every direction.

Don't let the wealth available to you overwhelm you.

Just ask a hypothesis and go dig for answers. You can skip around. Tangents are fun but if you stay focused you can find out all new exciting things. That goes for everything in life.

So therefore, that's why it matters if there was a 4th lost pyramid. It will force a complete reevaluation of all current best theories of what the pyramids are, who built them, it could damage the Orion hypothesis in various ways, it brings up questions of how we missed it and why there's so few records of it's dismantling, etc.

It's a huge can of worms *if* somehow this thing existed and could be a crushing blow to all our current models.

But if it really existed it's dam near priority to unravel it and why who what when etc. It could change everything.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

The new theory I linked today could be the first major step in getting to the bottom of this.

We could find the foundation soon if it's there and this is pointing us directly to it.

I wish I knew more but I'll searching from my own limited vantage point.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hooke

Here is the same passage as published in the 1755 French and 1757 English editions:

Quant à la quatrième pyramide, elle est encore de cent pieds moindre que la troisième. Elle est aussi sans revêtement, fermée et semblable aux autres, mais sans temple, comme la première. Elle a pourtant une chose digne de remarque : son sommet est terminé par une seule et grande pierre qui semble avoir servi de piédestal. Du reste elle se trouve située hors la ligne des autres, étant un peu plus à l'ouest. Ces quatre grandes pyramides sont environnées de quantité d'autres plus petites…

The fourth pyramid is an hundred feet lower than the third. It is like the others, uncovered without, is shut, but hath no temple like the first. It has one article worthy of observation, which is, that its summit is terminated by one great stone, that seems to have served for a pedestal. It cannot be said that it is exactly in the same line with the others, inasmuch as it leans a little more to the west. These four great pyramids are surrounded by many lesser ones…

instead of great stone it's more like tall stone
that its summit is terminated by one tall stone, that seems to have served for a pedestal.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: muzzleflash

Cool huh??
Not really pyramids and not Orion's belt. Angle is off and so are the relative distances.

That is not the case. Star constellations drift somewhat as time passes. Morphing and changing their shape. It is more than convceivable that the three pyramids line up with Orion. That is Osiris one of their most important gods represented by the three prymaids.

Are you still beleiving the text book historians that say these are tombs.

Pharaohs are buried underground thats a fact. they are not tombs

:-)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

If they discovered the meter, why aren't any of their measuring rods (of which we have a number of examples) a meter long? Why aren't their mathematical textbooks giving measurements in meters and why don't their surveying instruments give measurements in meter

because the text books you learn from are full of #. These are the same text books that say that the pryamids where simply tombs.

In respect to the metre is can ofc be found in measurments. (along with the second too!

If we add two of the sides of the Pyramid’s base together, then subtract the height, we end up with a rounded value of 100 x ? (230.3 x 2 – 146.6 = 314.0).

The King’s Chamber measures 5.24 m x 10.47 m. The Chamber’s perimeter = 10 x ? (31.42 m). There are also many measurements in the King’s Chamber that relate to even multiples of ?, but only using metres.

If we draw two circles, one circumscribing the Pyramid’s base (i.e. intersecting the four corners) and one inside (i.e. touching the mid-point of each side), then subtract, in metres, the circumference of the inner circle from that of the outer circle, you end up with a figure of 299.71. This is almost exactly one millionth of the speed of light in metres per second (299 792 458 m/s – the slight discrepancy is due to rounding at various points along the way).

metricviews.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The Ancient Architects Youtube channel have done a few videos on the 4th Pyramid. It's a fascinating theory with a few pictures to back it up too.
We learn more everyday about Ancient Egypt. The Giza Plateau must have looked stunning in it's prime.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: verschickter

The docu has the 3d maps showing angles n everything in the last third of it.

I'll try to find a good website with the info and link it when I do.

Check this out (from link above):

Around the time of my birth, writer and deep-thinker John Michell rediscovered that the Great Pyramid’s elevation geometry encodes the true proportions of the Moon and Earth. This is evident when you bring these two bodies together such that the Moon is tangent to Earth’s surface. The tip of the shaded pyramid diagrammed below is at the center of the Moon and the base of the pyramid runs along Earth’s equator.

I have illustrated this relationship and added relevant dimensions. It turns out that the combined mean diameters of Moon and Earth measure 10080 miles (99.96% accurate according to NASA).

The tip of the Great Pyramid is the exact Center of the Moon - and the base of the Great Pyramid. Is the exact Diameter of Earth at Equator!!

How'd they do that??

Phage are you there? That's freakin cool huh??

They simply ignore this kinda stuff. Speaks volumes :-)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

If they discovered the meter, why aren't any of their measuring rods (of which we have a number of examples) a meter long? Why aren't their mathematical textbooks giving measurements in meters and why don't their surveying instruments give measurements in meter

because the text books you learn from are full of #. These are the same text books that say that the pryamids where simply tombs.

In respect to the metre is can ofc be found in measurments. (along with the second too!

We have a bunch of their "yardsticks" (cubit rods) that they used to measure things and they're in museums around the world. They're marked out with the Egyptian version of inches and feet (actually grains, fingers, palms were used). None of them are a meter long. Furthermore, they use the terms on the cubit rods in their writings and in measuring the Nile Flood which was an important prediction of the coming harvest: en.wikipedia.org...

Cubit rods aren't a meter long. They're about half a meter long.

If we add two of the sides of the Pyramid’s base together, then subtract the height, we end up with a rounded value of 100 x ? (230.3 x 2 – 146.6 = 314.0).

The King’s Chamber measures 5.24 m x 10.47 m. The Chamber’s perimeter = 10 x ? (31.42 m). There are also many measurements in the King’s Chamber that relate to even multiples of ?, but only using metres.

Why would anyone add two of the sides together and subtract the height? And if you try it with the other pyramids on Giza, you get different answers.

They would have been constructing continuously on Giza for over 100 years (finishing temples, laying the foundation for another pyramid, building boat pits, etc, etc.) If it was significant for the GP then they'd be doing it in the others.

If we draw two circles, one circumscribing the Pyramid’s base (i.e. intersecting the four corners) and one inside (i.e. touching the mid-point of each side), then subtract, in metres, the circumference of the inner circle from that of the outer circle, you end up with a figure of 299.71. This is almost exactly one millionth of the speed of light in metres per second (299 792 458 m/s – the slight discrepancy is due to rounding at various points along the way).

metricviews.org.uk...

If the Egyptians had those measurements, then why didn't they use them in writing and in recording very important things like the area of land donated by pharaohs or the area of land owned by nobles?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

If the Egyptians had those measurements, then why didn't they use them in writing and in recording very important things like the area of land donated by pharaohs or the area of land owned by nobles?

because our commalilty in language is maths. I am sure you are aware that there are three sub sets of hieroglyph. hieroglyphic, hieratic, and demotic. You think for some reason that their mathematics is any different.

Maths is a universal language and measurements speak for themselves. Lets be clear these object ozze the language of mathatics. It is waiting to be read by those that to read.

The Great Pyramid’s elevation encodes three of the most important constants in mathematics: π, Φ, and e. The slope angle of 51°51’ (51.85° in decimal form) comes from measurements taken off the remaining casing stones, according to detailed survey data from Flinders Petrie and J.H. Cole .

www.ancient-origins.net...

There is some lovely stuff here if you want to read

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

because our commalilty in language is maths. I am sure you are aware that there are three sub sets of hieroglyph. hieroglyphic, hieratic, and demotic. You think for some reason that their mathematics is any different.
Maths is a universal language and measurements speak for themselves. Lets be clear these object ozze the language of mathatics. It is waiting to be read by those that to read.

Then since I'm somewhat familiar with ancient Egyptian language, perhaps you can give me the AE version of the name of a meter and show where it's used? I see a lot of documentation about measurements in palms and cubits and so forth but no other linear measurement.

The Great Pyramid’s elevation encodes three of the most important constants in mathematics: π, Φ, and e. The slope angle of 51°51’ (51.85° in decimal form) comes from measurements taken off the remaining casing stones, according to detailed survey data from Flinders Petrie and J.H. Cole .

www.ancient-origins.net...

If it was encoding these wonderful principles, then why don't we see these formulas used in ancient Egypt? "e" (Euler's constant" for instance isn't used in measuring... it's used in deriving compound interest, in calculating probability (calculus), and in many other things which require calculus: en.wikipedia.org...(mathematical_constant)#Applications

Phi is equally problematical and calculating it requires using the square root function and division, which is difficult and tedious. And the "golden mean" wasn't used in constructing artwork (we know this from the grid lines and partially finished artwork in tombs.)

They did use pi, but used the ratio and not decimal points.

The "guest author" conveniently fails to describe how the Egyptians would have calculated these numbers (or even discovered them) and why they would have bothered with them.

Also... how would they have known the diameter of the Earth? Eratosthenes didn't know it and had to derive it from the sunlight in two different wells. if they had known it and knew it was important, why didn't they understand how big the world was and how small Egypt was compared to the rest of the world?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
For Byrd

Pharoah's are all buried underground huh, those three off the top of my head seem to indicate something different.

Those are the Sahure, Meidum and Red Pyramids.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
(duplicate post)
edit on 9-2-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join