It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Says There Have Been 22 School Shootings Already This Year.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
yea something is wrong with our schools that's pretty obvious, it's not producing intelligent children and they want to kill each other

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Funny, someone such as yourself telling me not to look at a situation with political bias. I do not associate myself with either of the two parties or their leaders but since I’m not on Team conservative I must be a Leftist. Journalist integrity? The OP’s source is Breitbart for Christ’s sake!

I thought my short post was rather neutral but apparently to you, a man with his Right v Left glasses on I must be a liberal snowflake defending all things Leftist because political bias.
edit on 19-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If I were an attention whore angsty teen I could become famous thanks to CNNs incessant coverage of every shooter. Just think I go from pathetic basement dweller to getting my ‘revenge’ and become infamous all with one shooting.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You always post the Leftists point of view. You may not be a Democrat, but you are clearly a Progrssive.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Yeah..Torturing statistics until they say what you want them to say.

When they list a kid shooting another with a BB gun, or a security person accidentally shooting them self...so on and so on...

All they are looking for is the headline because so many do not read past that.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As long as it was only 20 and not 23 (there was another shooting at a graduation in ATL last night apparently) then who cares, really?

Also, according to your logic, Trump is also a lying drama queen based on his statements yesterday. As are all the other GOP politicians who have said/will say "oh this is terrible we just have to do something about it."

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

motive unclear

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
With them celebritidizing all the shooter in over-drive this year its surprising they havent persuaded even more angry bullied kids to act out as such.

Mass Shootings and the Media Contagion Effect

Well, that is actually the reason for the publicizing.

The more cold dead children the left can pile up and point at, the easier it is for them to do accomplish their agenda.

1./ Make their base fear guns, of any type.

2./ Make their base hate HATE hat legal gun owners.

3./ Give them more support for their anti-2a agenda.

This is some pretty basic manipulation. But people don't get it.

Sad, really.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: carewemust

As long as it was only 20 and not 23 (there was another shooting at a graduation in ATL last night apparently) then who cares, really?

Also, according to your logic, Trump is also a lying drama queen based on his statements yesterday. As are all the other GOP politicians who have said/will say "oh this is terrible we just have to do something about it."

Until we protect our children the same way we protect a bank, our congresscritters, a police station, a bingo hall, an airport or a library then the numbers won't actually matter.

We take our softest targets, our priceless young children and put them in a gun free zone... a place where nobody really has a gun except criminals and crazy people that want to hunt and kill them for a bigger body count and we are supposed to be shocked when they get killed.

No... until we fix the environment they are in then there is no reason to go any further on the discussion.

Because it is for a reason, after all... the left needs a lot of cold dead kids to not only keep their base frightened of guns and to keep them hating law-abiding gun owners, but to keep pushing their anti-2A agenda.

So until the left (the actual cancer in America) stops willfully sacrificing children for their agenda there is no real reason to talk about it.

What's to say, after all? You let kids die so we can be pushed into a discussion about the tool that killed them?

Why not harden the targets (like we do everything else) and then have a discussion about why we, as a society, are raising children that want to kill other kids?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: network dude

Funny, someone such as yourself telling me not to look at a situation with political bias. I do not associate myself with either of the two parties or their leaders but since I’m not on Team conservative I must be a Leftist. Journalist integrity? The OP’s source is Breitbart for Christ’s sake!

I thought my short post was rather neutral but apparently to you, a man with his Right v Left glasses on I must be a liberal snowflake defending all things Leftist because political bias.

Wow, I am sorry to have triggered you like this, it wasn't my intention.

You seemed to be trying to justify the 22 number, by legitimizing the lies. I was only bring up the point that justifying the MSM lying because it fits one side today, might come back to bite you when they lie about the other side tomorrow. And then I mentioned the part of telling the truth, which seems to have set you off. Is the truth something you are against?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
You pro gun people are off your fricking heads. The number of acceptable gun incidents at schools SHOULD BE ZERO !!!!!!!

Arguing over 19 real vs 22 exaggerated...pathetic. You can't exaggerate ZERO. You can't manipulate ZERO.

Until you gun toting maniacs stop getting off on guns and realise that they are built for one purpose TO KILL you will continue to have dead children at schools with bullets in them.

UTOPIA!!!!!! show me the way!

I agree there is a problem and it's predominantly a US problem. I also agree guns are a part of the problem, but sadly, those of you who don't like guns, seem to forget and seem to try really, really hard not to discuss the other parts of this, which MUST be addresed if anything is to be fixed here.

Even if a large part of the gun owning public agreed with you, there is nothing you could do to remove illegal weapons from circulation, and then you would just have honest folk being killed with no protection.

Why don't you care about Mental health? SSRI's? Bullying? Bad Parenting? Your myopic view is only good for instigating disagreement. If that's your goal, cool. But I would rather have some solutions.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I wounder how many are a cop shooting a
animal that look't at him funny?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join