It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs are way better than cats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Scientists say dogs are quite a bit smarter than cats... Anyway,cats are ok,they are good at keeping mice away and some are good companions.But dogs,man, they are family.A dog will fight a bear to protect his family,greet you when you get home,cheer you up when you feel down,and warn you when somethings wrong.I guess I`m a dog guy,but I don`t hate cats either.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Totally agree, when I walked in my mates house the dog was frantic wanting me to go to my mate unconscious on the floor. Most cats wouldn't have done that, yes, family as you say.
I love my cat, but I wish I had a dog like my mate's.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think we need to understand the difference between the two, cats are social but solitary hunters (excluding the very big cats) while dogs normally rely on the pack for help to survive.

They both do like contact but you have to consider we domesticated them for different reasons as their natural nature is totally different, cats normally are self reliant and thus good for guarding grain stores etc where if a mouse/rat appears it'll soon be lunch but they don't really have other than for their kittens much idea of protecting their friends where as the pack mentality does shine as you can have dozens of eyes and ears available to spot prey.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: Trueman

Bless You.

One of my shoes was this morning

edit on 19-5-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Good points, I love my cat Molly, but I'd love a dog, totally different.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I can handle a few types of dogs in short stints, but in general they have all the qualities that I dislike most about humans...

1. Needy. You can't do anything. Not ever for the day cause dogs can't do anything without you.
2. Smell bad. Dog stink. Ew. Add water and get ready for hell on earth.
3. Clumsy. Dogs are always knocking things over.
4. No manners. Eat your food without asking. And/or destroy things you love with no regard whatsoever.
5. No sense of space. Dogs have zero interest in moving over when they are taking up all the space on the couch.
6. Look at you right in the eyes while taking a doo-doo. Gross.
7. Bark at nothing. Shut up already annoying dogs.

And this is not even getting into the brutally entitled dog owners of today who don't pick up poo & get 'emotional support' designation so they can take their dogs into the movie theater, grocery store carts, museums, etc.

Dogs. Yuck.
Dog owners. Also yuck.

ps - This isn't dogs vs. cats for me. It's dogs vs. all other animals.
edit on 19-5-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Lol, star for the brutal honesty!

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

OK, but besides the fact that they fart, steal your food, need constant love and attention, take up more of the bed than you do, stink, sweat and generally are inconsiderate, clumsy and stupid, what do you dislike about dogs?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Ha! Thx. Hopefully done with humor.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Did make me laugh mate

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I love both cats and dogs equally but in different ways, if that makes sense.

Here's my issue; where I live, one must have a licence to own a dog, the dog must be chipped, kept on a lead in most public places, and if it defecates, the owner must clean up after it or face a potentially hefty fine.

No such laws or regulations are in place that cover cats, meaning it's perfectly legal, and I'm guessing in some people's eyes, perfectly acceptable, for their life choices to use my lawns as toilets, the same lawns that my children, nephews and nieces, and friends children play on.

We waited a long, long time to find a suitable home with a decent garden, and to have to tell the kids not to play on the lawn because of cat mess really p*sses me off.

To top it off, yesterday one of our neighbours cats killed the fourth slow worm since we've lived here, that also really grinds my gears.

Please let me be clear, I don't blame the cats, I blame humans. If I made a life decision that resulted in my feces being constantly dumped on my neighbours lawns, I'm fairly certain they wouldn't be too happy about it.

Ok, rant over.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Haha good rant

I'm as guilty though, my cat is an outdoor free spirit, she never does her business in my garden, well apart from a spot under a bush if it's raining. I don't 'own' her though, she just chooses to stick around. I built her a kennel and she kind of lives in that when not on my bed.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I agree, from the first dog who warned a human about wolves and got a share of the meat.

The first dogs were wolves.

I tend to think the first hunter/gatherers found a young wolf cub and raised it.

The same could have happened in a close by area,

eventually the tribes meet and their wolves mate.

a few 10s of thousands years later and we have Lassie and Scubby Doo .

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

It's no wonder the Kings and Queens of Egypt chose them. Nuff said.

chose them?

both are represented in Egyptian history.

Anubis ring a bell?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Haha love it!

I can see it that way as well, there was definitely some situation in history where a wolf/dog helped a human, got some meat, then formed a partnership of sorts.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So click bait title I know,

Mate, that title makes you the king to the internet for a day for such a profound truth.

My cat wouldn't give a toss if I fell...would probably start eating me after a day or two lol, dogs rock compared to cats!

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Haha love it!

I can see it that way as well, there was definitely some situation in history where a wolf/dog helped a human, got some meat, then formed a partnership of sorts.

I believe anthropologists theorize that we wouldn't be where we are today if we didn't have such a symbiotic relationship with K9s.

off the top my head.... Not sure if it was about 70,000 years ago when early humanity survived a cataclysmic that effected the whole world.

I think the Toba eruption was around then and it could have been tribes that interacted with dogs had a much better survival rate or something there abouts.

Bottom line

Dogs rock

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
Bottom line

Dogs rock

Massively agree

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Personally, I would never have a cat due to the disaster they present to wildlife. Today I walked 10 miles with my two dogs and I would nit have been able to do that with a cat.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Put the cat on a lead?
My cat follows me into town regularly, sits outside the shop waiting. Like I've said, I don't own her, she is a free spirited animal who chooses to chill with me when not fighting seagulls for whatever food tourists drop.
EDIT
There is also the argument that by keeping the stray cat well fed after she joined me, I'm actually saving wildlife. The only other option to save wildlife is for me to kill the cat, but I like her so that ain't an option.

edit on 20-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join