It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Van Fleet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Anyone heard these guys?

the first time i heard the first song i actually thought this was a Led Zeppelin song i just overlooked....

And when you actually see the band the voice just doesn't seem to fit...

Even Robert Plant noticed... lol

Ya...

Don't get me wrong, these guys are pretty good...

And they don't have Jimmy Page...

Still...

They could make a crusher LZ cover band

edit on 19-5-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I think they are brilliant - they are kids playing on a professional level with natural born talent.

They get a lot of flak for copying Led Zepplin, but isn't imitation the best form of flattery?

Me too - I heard them on the radio and thought, "Is that something new from Led Zepplin?"

Wonderful to hear traditional rock again. Music to my ears.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

This is my fave. Kind of a mix of memories of Nugent, BTO, The Doors, The Who. A blast of memories of great music all in one song, and memories that go along with them.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleLady

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Awesome band, Safari Song is probably my favorite from them so far. Very classic sound yet they're all under 21 if I'm not mistaken. I love Led Zeppelin and classic rock in general so hearing these guys is a breath of fresh air for me.

"Rock and roll ain't noise pollution, rock and roll will never die." I think these guys are further proof of this.

edit on 5/19/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I can’t get enough of these kids. Very talented and great style.

They are similar to Led Zeppelin, but so were a lot of people even in the 60s and 70s. It is reminiscent of how everyone copied Nirvanna’s sound in the 90s. If it rocks it works.

edit on 2018/5/19 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I'm 100% with any NEW band or singer bringing back that good ol' taste almost forgotten. I noticed what it looks like the birth of a new breed of musicians searching the roots of the good music.

Running from Hip Hop and all that crap, I lately found refuge in what is problably the last bastion left. Dark Country.

Not in the same style, but serves like another example :

edit on 19-5-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I like these guys. They DO sound like Zep due to style and vocals but that's about it. Listen to them back to back and you can hear the difference. They just don't have the skill of Zep on drums, bass and guitar. How could they? You're talking about rock gods here.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
< < < < As a big Zeppelin fan, I gotta say...

I really can't stand these guys, not for the way you'd think, it's just unnerving too see such genuine talent, which these guys obviously have all but reduce themselves to a mock cover band. I can understand taking a few things from those who inspire you but flatout purposeful imitation? I mean from the vocals, to the riffs, to the timing, there's something blatantly artificial about it all, and that's a shame. They're just crossing lines that I don't think their generation even knows exist, and somehow that's ok now.

There's just something soulless in it, a corruption of respect to creativity and originality that they'll never be able to shake off.
edit on 19-5-2018 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Detroit Metrotimes.com Cover this week. Extensive interview.

www.metrotimes.com
edit on 19-5-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I like them and can listen to their music over and over. Hope they can become huge.

top topics

join