It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 second Mind Game - Can anybody explain this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
How to play?

Before watching the video you must think in your head the words 'Brain Storm' or 'Green Needle' and depending on what you're thinking dictates what you will hear. Fascinating stuff! Thought I'd share!

You can repeat and get a different outcome each time, I wonder why this is?

Cheers!
-StS

edit on 19-5-2018 by SurveyTheSurveyors because: Explanation

edit on 19-5-2018 by SurveyTheSurveyors because: Explanation

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SurveyTheSurveyors

interesting. i can also hear 'brain needle' and 'green storm' if i think those.

wtf

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Woah you're right. Isn't it something? I'd love If someone could explain this, maybe scientifically? Definitely sparked my interest, glad it has yours aswell!

Cheers,
-StS

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Pretty cool. I tried it both ways and hear it both ways. I sang a song in my head the first time and "brain storm" was default. Green needle, after I decided to hear that. I can't explain it but it's cool.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
That's wild. I'm not entirely sure what's going on to generate the word recognition swapping, but it's probably along the lines of the McGurk effect.

For what it's worth, I've been able to think & thus hear:
Brainstorm
Green Needle
Grain Store
Grain Storm
Green Store
Green Storm

Cool stuff

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Oh, fun. The era of 'mess with your head' has begun. Have fun watching reality go to hell, kids.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Clever trick. Seems to use different vids that look the same and are switched in when you hit play again. I get the same one over and over if I reload the page but a diff one if I just hit the play button. Here are the urls for the diff vids.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&ebc=ANyPxKqJZ8ON6-gtpaL38JQIt_2YL7DiXjxCgqe-nHhEDBKGX9yScEwBJ_g333bOsG9cSTvgVxrxoxLirSDWKh1H6SNLjadAAw&v=8Xj1DCsTWaE

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=8Xj1DCsTWaE&ebc=ANyPxKrud5TDnjvi8Pktnt8oJzot0Q6p-flrLVEGq_Eu0UZJQSwy7PdljE6ZaloFkH_L109oMcSRHkX4dpB2unQaLzBhUOp-BQ

There may be lots of these vids with diff urls all linked to jump you unknowingly from one to the other. Very clever lol.
edit on 19-5-2018 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
What the hell?

Magic.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
Clever trick. Seems to use different vids that look the same and are switched in when you hit play again. I get the same one over and over if I reload the page but a diff one if I just hit the play button. Here are the urls for the diff vids.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&ebc=ANyPxKqJZ8ON6-gtpaL38JQIt_2YL7DiXjxCgqe-nHhEDBKGX9yScEwBJ_g333bOsG9cSTvgVxrxoxLirSDWKh1H6SNLjadAAw&v=8Xj1DCsTWaE

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=8Xj1DCsTWaE&ebc=ANyPxKrud5TDnjvi8Pktnt8oJzot0Q6p-flrLVEGq_Eu0UZJQSwy7PdljE6ZaloFkH_L109oMcSRHkX4dpB2unQaLzBhUOp-BQ

There may be lots of these vids with diff urls all linked to jump you unknowingly from one to the other. Very clever lol.

A couple of questions:
1. Where do you get those URLs from? All I see is "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xj1DCsTWaE" in the address bar.

2. If random versions of the videos are being switched in, how does that result in our perception that the sound is what we're thinking?

-dex

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

played it 3 times all I can hear is "green needle"

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I heard, 'I need I'm here to battle Oroborus'.

Final Answer.

edit on 19-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

well I must be broken. All I hear is brain storm. I can almost hear green storm, but thats because the first word is a *rain/*reen sound. but the storm, I can in no way hear a needle.

Though there is a psychological phenomenon where certain sounds can be interpreted different ways.

In some ways similar to this animation. Which way is the train going, towards you, or away?

edit on 19-5-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
Oh, fun. The era of 'mess with your head' has begun. Have fun watching reality go to hell, kids.

i think it's awesome that we're getting all these examples now of how things can be perceived differently. that might be a good thing in the long run, combat some of that black and white thinking that leads to so many problems.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos

Yet I can think, brainstorm 10 times and hear only that. When I think green needle 10 times I only hear that. Mix and match, repeat, change, what ever I'm thinking is what I hear. I don't think the video is changing at all, rather my thought is dictating the message. Try it out for yourself!

Cheers!
-StS

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

well I must be broken. All I hear is brain storm. I can almost hear green storm, but thats because the first word is a *rain/*reen sound. but the storm, I can in no way hear a needle.

Though there is a psychological phenomenon where certain sounds can be interpreted different ways.

In some ways similar to this animation. Which way is the train going, towards you, or away?

Think 'Green Needle' while playing the short video and the result is sure to change. Use the power of your mind and behold a new result. Focus!

I love the train interpration of this same theory aswell, fun to play with and entertain the perception of our minds!

Cheers,
-StS

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

played it 3 times all I can hear is "green needle"

Have you put 'Brain Storm' on the forefront of what you're thinking during the video? You have to really think and focus to change the result. I can hear brain storm, green needle, green storm, and brain needle, as long as I put my mind to it!

Give it another try, and believe Lol!

Cheers,
-StS

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Id rather play with and stimulate the mind rather than contribute to the political divide... but hey that's just me. Hope you're having a good day my friend, and may you have an even better tomorrow!

Cheers!
-StS

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Now that is strange! When I did my post earlier, it was from my ipad. When I hit he play button on the video it did the green needle version, if I then hit the play button again it did the brainstorm version. The only way I could get the green needle version over and over was to click on the reload/replay button. I then used the link on the video to take me to the youtube website and checked the url there. I did that for both versions and is where I got the urls above from.
Now when I do it on my pc, it is only doing the green needle version even when I click on the play button again and again. The links I put in to show the two different urls originally had the http:// before the www. but that automatically made a link and didn't show the whole url (even though I just put it in as text only) so I removed the http:// part which then showed it all as just text.

Now that I take the text that made the url and copy/paste it into the browser, BOTH go to the same green needle vid and no matter what I do it doesn't have the brainstorm one.

THAT, I cannot explain!

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Now when I go to my ipad and do the same as I did earlier, I only get the green needle, no matter what, and when I click to go to the youtube vid to get the url, there is now a slightly different url to the ones posted earlier. I have made an extra space between the .com and the / to see if it posts the whole thing in text and not auto-link it. Very strange it is not doing what I found it did earlier on today, unless someone has changed things on youtube or something like that.

https://m. youtube.com /watch?time_continue=4&v=8Xj1DCsTWaE&ebc=ANyPxKp05e6gcm9fNXttKLsjo_rugl9Aep2X15BrxXMLU4WfguL16h2h3EL8-c4b6PCmQSIgMk4w5f7KGlMYaMqlRm-fylIcsw

nope, making the space after the .com still makes it auot-link, so trying a space between the m. and youtube.

eta: have been investigating my history on my ipad and oddly enough, when I click on the vids in the history from this morning it only plays the 'green needle' version, the other one comes up as an 'oops something went wrong' page, so I can only surmise that the other vid has been removed/unlinked or the url changed slightly so it is no longer found. In any case, no matter how I try to hear the words 'brainstorm' now, it is always green needle. The only plausable explanation is that it is your youtube vid and you are playing a massive trick on us here at ATS and when I found the diff urls and pointed them out, you changed the link or removed the other vid. How does that sound for an explanation?

ok been playing about with this, changing some of the numbers from 4&v to 1&v etc. Found 3&v and 4&v seem to have a 'blip' in the vid where it seems to have a bit of the end and then replays the whole thing (strange). Also strange is I am getting brainstorm over and over now. I managed to get it to change from green needle to brainstorm when I put in 1&v. Does it access two different sound files randomly as it is replayed? Can you put 2 sound tracks onto one vid? I dunno.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I *hate* stuff that messes with my head. Had too much of it for a long time, thanks to completely awful people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join