It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DismHost.exe ...HP laptop Windows 10 help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Turns out it was both issues causing the excessive Disk usage.

This morning, Windows Defender was OFF....it was on yesterday, and I guess the third-party apps caused it to close?

And....windows was getting ready to do the 1803 update!!!!!
Took 2.5 hours to download and install.

Thanks for all the help.
Know we have a better idea what is happening if that app is running.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Turns out it was both issues causing the excessive Disk usage.

This morning, Windows Defender was OFF....it was on yesterday, and I guess the third-party apps caused it to close?

And....windows was getting ready to do the 1803 update!!!!!
Took 2.5 hours to download and install.

Thanks for all the help.
Know we have a better idea what is happening if that app is running.

Windows Defender will automatically (in a Windows sort of way.. which means usually) turn off if another antivirus software is running. If you did not actively install another software, you'll want to check to see if something was installed without your knowing it. Usually if a third party software is installed without your purposely installing it, means it often is something you don't really want installed.

Under Control Panel > Programs and Features, you can sort by install date. See if some pup (potentially unwanted program) was installed recently.. if you did not install it yourself, I'd recommend removing it.

I don't care much for Windows Defender. If you really want a decent antivirus, I'd recommend Sophos, if only because it actually kills active ransomeware in progress, which imo, is the most prevalent and nasty threat out there right now. But failing that, Windows Defender is better than nothing. : )

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

<< 1   >>

join