It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shooter used SHOTGUN AND REVOLVER

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Well your right also states a "well regulated" militia.

Seems the intention wasn't for any undisciplined pleb to have a gun, even though they can.

I have to ask though, why WOULDN'T you be an advocate for a high standard of gun discipline?

So many deaths could have been avoided, and I'm not talking about school shootings.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Where did a 17 Year Old Kid Learn to make these Devices

The internets?

The suspect's vehicle is missing

Well, that's interesting.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Couldn't agree more tbh.

It takes an even uglier form online... People don't just do things, there's a build up towards the crunch. A very real pattern of disorder. Testing the boundaries to see what they can get away with.

On the opposite end there's those that suffer in silence and can't articulate what they're going through, sometimes that leads to tragic events.

There's always signs though, they're just often missed. Especially in schools. Services are often stretched, an all too common occurrence these days.

I'm guilty of being an ass too, sometimes I can be.overly harsh towards an aggressive tone. Nobody is perfect.

Social media is a big problem in that regard, it's too easy to be harsh. When a kid gets bullied these days its all too easy for their tormentors to literally hound their victim 24/7. I mean, some of the comments in this thread I just have to laugh at. Comments like kids are pussies.

Back in the day kids weren't so easily influenced by things like drugs, drugs alone can be a terrible thing for a kid's mind. So much to consider when thinking about the social problems kids face these days... I could be here all day.

At the end of the day though it really isn't that hard to be more kind.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Nobody is or is going to be looking for real answers though. All of this is being pushed in the media because:

People are sick and tired of their peers, friends, and children being murdered while simply attending school, pretty much sums it up.

Then why dont they support metal detectors and controlled access points at schools RIGHT NOW, and keep going to try for gun control. You REALLY want to solve a problem like this and prevent it from happening then you approach it from multiple angles. This shooting proved that any gun control likely to pass wouldnt address THESE weapons so its not going to be that effective AND would be the SLOWEST solution to pass. So, if people are really serious about preventing this stuff in schools, why arent they accepting armed security in schools, with controlled access points having metal detectors, with therapists at schools, and continue to push for gun control?
The answer is that PEOPLE AREN'T SERIOUS ABOUT IT! The left uses is for political points and the people all go along with it, saying it has to be gun control and no other solutions.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Seems the intention wasn't for any undisciplined pleb to have a gun, even though they can.

I have to ask though, why WOULDN'T you be an advocate for a high standard of gun discipline?

So many deaths could have been avoided, and I'm not talking about school shootings.

Our Supreme Court has ruled that the right extends to private citizens that are not in an organized militia.

edit on b000000312018-05-18T18:55:39-05:0006America/ChicagoFri, 18 May 2018 18:55:39 -0500600000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

probably the internet its not exactly hard to make simple bombs like that (co2) Molotov are just flammable liquid in a glass container and a fuse (ie burning rag) pipe bombs can range from complex to metal pipe with fireworks fuse

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I admitted my mistake, I said I could have worded what I said better.

It's you who replied to me, when I was replying to another poster. It's you who chose to word your reply in a way to try and get a rise out of UK and other members.

Meh, not like your posting style is anything new though. Makes one wonder how you interact with people in real life. Then again, I couldn't give a toss.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Amen to that, its hard and I know people want to go after the gun all the time......and i condemn what this kid did......

But he also placed bombs through out the school and other places.....

I shudder to think what would have happened had he not had those guns and just decided to blow the school up......

Its a head and heart problem.......not a gun problem

We also now have 2 people captured alive who have done mass shootings.......at LEAST.......

But does the media ever interview them to find out WHY they did these things? No we speculate and blame guns.......because it fits the narrative....

They wont report from the horses mouth why they committed these horrible acts because it will go against the narrative.......
edit on 5/18/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So we have a school shooting that didn't involve a so-called assault rifle or a semi auto of any kind. And this followed an incident where the only person injured was the shooter thanks to an armed resource at the school.

I wonder what kind of bs the left will try to twist this...

A smarter person would recognize two things:

1) Focusing on the weapon of choice does nothing to solve the problem.
2) Being able to shoot back does.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
www-m.cnn.com...

A 17 year old stole his fathers shotgun and revolver and shot up his school and killed 10 people.Will the media...

A. Give the story little coverage because they cant use it to push the "scary gun" ban
B. Reveal the true agenda and start covering more people saying "ban all guns" in order to move the narrative and get people used to idea.
C. Somehow still make it about AR-15s

This is a good case to watch because it lets us see what the debate would be like if all semiautomatic guns were banned. What do gun control people and "moderates" say when someone uses a pump gun, and a revolver to commit a mass killing as they would if semiautos were banned. Do they say "well.... we banned the bad guns. Nothing more to be done here" or do they move on to trying to ban the next set of arbitrarily defined tools.

In Texas... Everybody carries... Surprised no one took him out immediately

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Im all for public firearm saftey courses... as long as there are no records kept. The more firearms knowledge a person has, and the better trained they are, the better. A nation of self reliant people would be a dream come true. Its would also be a governments nightmare as it would probably lose them tons in funding for the ATF, FBI, NSA, and other law enforcement agencies. Which brings me to the why im skiddish about having a high level of gun discipline....
If you are talking about having a level of gun discipline be mandatory, that would likely mean that the government in some form, state or federal, is involved. And they would undoubtedly keep a list of the people who participated in such programs. Not for any evil purposes (right now) but because thats what government programs do. They keep records and data. Mostly to say to budget agencies "look at these numbers. More money please!". But the keeping of records and government involvement defeats the purpose of the second amendment.
You see the government has a tendency to stretch whatever power it is given in order to do what it wants. In the 50s the us government started using the interstate commerce clause to end discriminatory practices. Its was a noble goal, but at that point it wouldn't have been the preview of the fed. Except they said that a business that gets its supply out of state falls under the perview of the fed.
Thats an example of the government stretching its power to do something arguably good. A more relevant case is the miller trial in 32 which challenge NFA (acts that regulates short barrel shotguns/rifles and machine guns) guy gets arressted with a sawn off shotgun and says "hey wait NFA violates my second amendment" and the supreme court half asses it and says "well those arent weapons a military would use so they dont count" completely ignoring the fact that shotguns were so effective in ww1 that germans executed anyone caught with them and tried to have them BANNED FROM THE WAR, and the fact that the very gun NFA was designed to regulate, The tommy gun, was used for 40 years by the military. Then recently...
www.nbcnews.com...
A federal judge rules that AR-15s CAN BE BANNED because they ARE WEAPONS SUITABLE FOR WAR, a completely opposite reading of the second amendment than the miller case. So once you give the government an inch telling them they can regulate the training that a person must have to own a weapon, they can stretch that power to fit whatever their goal is. They could effectively make it as hard to own a gun as it is to be a police officer. They could say mental screenings for everyone, polygraphs, and 2 days training every year our government training station, and every gun needs to be registered so where know where it is. Which defeats the whole purpose of the second amendment.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Just a bit.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

For safeties sake, of course.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There's definitely a band wagon in regards to US gun culture, I see it on both sides tbh. The media naturally exploits this, there's nothing better for ratings than two opposing sides that'll more than happily lose their cool over an issue.

As always the real issues often get looked over... We've got a similar issue about knife and gun crime here in the UK, mainly in London but other areas have had serious problems in the past.

In our case knife crime isn't actually about knives... It's about young Britons and their way of life. The news doesn't want to tackle the actual issues though, it wants the people to be outraged. Appealing to emotions to get those ratings up and to sell papers.

There's ulterior motives, their always is when politics and social issues are concerned. We should all know by now that this is nothing new.

There's positives in all of our youth though, whether it's the UK, US or some far-flung nation across the globe... Reasonable people, reasonable kids. They seldom ever get heard either, but they exist.

Nobody really cares how Dave set up a social club or how Aanya makes samosa's for the school football team.

It's the same for the negative things too...

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. A gun is just a tool, I've blamed the hammer before when hitting my finger. But then I quickly realise the hammer was in my hand... Know what I mean?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

My parents/grandparents didn't need a gun safe. The kids knew, upon certain unspecified punishments (death, imho...), that those guns in the closet, and in the nightstand were forbidden territory and not to be touched.

Oddly enough, they trusted that it'd be enough. Equally oddly, it was.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
American gun fetishists at work. It’s a shame so may children have to do so a few morons can have their precious. Too bad there isn’t a god. I would love to sit and watch these scum bags defend their opinions and actions before him. a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

You wouldnt ask him about, i dont know, stopping the bullets mid air to save the children?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

From your mouth (keyboard) to their eyeballs (reading) and brain (thinking).

This has been said time and time, again, yet it's ignored. Instead, we get calls for random checks, which'll solve absolutely nothing.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

Now there's a notion... Seemed to work for me. But that won't get the hysterical look before you leap votes in the State houses, or in Congress.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Not all shootings are going to use AR-15s. You have to look at how many use them overall. Also, there is plenty of media coverage. It’s been all over the place.

If he did use an AR-15, there could have been even more damage done.
edit on 18pmFri, 18 May 2018 20:10:42 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You're kidding, right?

I was twelve when I got a hold of the "anarchists cookbook". Tattered and torn, it's still on my book shelf.

Molotov cocktails, various sorts of explosives are, to put it bluntly, very easy to make. No coaching required.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join