It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Watch obtains Podesta emails showing pro-Russia work

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This hasn't been touched on yet. Though that's a poor choice of words when speaking of the Podesta brothers. Ugh.

(Washington, DC) — Judicial Watch today released new documents from the U.S. Department of State showing the Podesta Group working on behalf of the pro-Russia Ukrainian political group “Party of Regions.” The new documents also show then-Obama White House Counsel John Podesta lobbying on behalf of his brother’s firm.

Like Paul Manafort, who is currently under indictment in the errant special counsel Russia investigation, the Podesta Group had to retroactively file Foreign Agent Registration Act disclosures with the Justice Department for Ukrainian-related work. 

Unlike Manafort and his partner Rick Gates, the Mueller special counsel operation hasn’t indicted anyone from the Podesta Group.

Juidicial Watch

This isn't mind-blowing news, especially to anyone who's followed the trail of the DNCs demise over the past 5 or so years. However, for those that still cling to hope that the Mueller investigation is somehow gonna bury and/or impeach Trump, remember this:

All of the Democrat's dirt is being dug up during this investigation as well

...but don't count on the media to tell you that part.

edit on 17-5-2018 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Podesta and the DNC had more ties to Russian influence that anybody else it seems !!

Now who was really trying to turn votes ?

😃🎁🚬

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Also remember, you can't indict a sitting president. You can still indict everyone else, on either side of the political aisle.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
But... But... The Russians...

Pfft. Wake up, sheeps. You're being manipulated big time.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How come Mueller hasn't gone after Podesta at all? I think there is something rotten in Washington.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Oh I see, you are confused.

Let me break it down for you.

It’s only a crime when trump connected people do things like this.

For the Podestas, it was a harmless mistake that just requires paperwork being filled out
edit on 17-5-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wakeupstupid

Also remember, you can't indict a sitting president. You can still indict everyone else, on either side of the political aisle.
Which always make me wonder as to what Huber is up to ...tick tock I guess

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Parts of our Judicial system are so f'ed up. Oh, you got caught doing something shady, here, file this paper work after the fact that says this doesn't count.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You know how I feel about this. I would like to see them all go down. I think the whole foreign lobbying racket is inherently corrupting from the jump.

That said:

Nobody from Mercury has been indicted either and they fulfilled the EXACT same role as Podesta Group for the other side of the aisle. Nor was Flynn charged for his unregistered lobbying for Turkey. The only who is currently under indictment for FARA violations is Manafort and those are really just the icing on a much larger financial crimes cake.

So your only if their Trump people argument doesn't really add up.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Podesta and the DNC had more ties to Russian influence that anybody else it seems !!

Now who was really trying to turn votes ?

😃🎁🚬

Democrats throw the little boomerang to hit Trump, and it comes back at them with a nuke attached!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Sure it does. Manafort, trumps campaaign manaager, was charged with the same crime Podesta, Hillarys campaign manager did. In fact the Podesta gorup and Manafort actually lobbied for the exact same foriegn sources at the same time working together.

One side gets to refile paperwork, the other charged.

Flynn and Papadopoulos get charged for lying to the FBI; Mills and Abedin lie and get no charges whatsoever.

Investigation into trump people for trying to get dirt from foriegn sources; no investigation into hillary people for paying a foreign agent to get dirt on trump from the Kremlin.

Cohen gets investigated for having connections to Ukraine; hillarys team has people working with the Ukranian government to get dirt on trump = no investigation.

Cohen gets money from Russian oligarch deripaska = investigation; Hillarys people get money from deripaska - no investigation needed.

And on and on.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
How come Mueller hasn't gone after Podesta at all? I think there is something rotten in Washington.

Well, I think you know the answer to that one...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Yeah we are told that when Flynn said a wrong statement to the FBI, this allowed them to prosecute for lying to the FBI.

But,

Where's the Justice?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Well, I think you know the answer to that one...

Ummm...what...that Mueller likes pizza...?

YouSir

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Sure it does. Manafort, trumps campaaign manaager, was charged with the same crime Podesta, Hillarys campaign manager did. In fact the Podesta gorup and Manafort actually lobbied for the exact same foriegn sources at the same time working together.

Flynn and Papadopoulos get charged for lying to the FBI; Mills and Abedin lie and get no charges whatsoever.

Investigation into trump people for trying to get dirt from foriegn sources; no investigation into hillary people for paying a foreign agent to get dirt on trump from the Kremlin.

Cohen gets investigated for having connections to Ukraine; hillarys team has people working with the Ukranian government to get dirt on trump = no investigation.

Cohen gets money from Russian oligarch deripaska = investigation; Hillarys people get money from deripaska - no investigation needed.

And on and on.

It’s almost as if they (Alt left) get their facts from alternative universes. Or even better yet seem to forget everything the people they support did. And then turn right around and demand justice when someone they don’t like does the same thing,

Hilarious.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

That's incorrect. Tony Podesta isn't his brother. JW tries to give the impression that John Podesta helped his brother lobby for Ukraine/PoR (or as they say "pro-Russian" which is ironic considering how many times Trump supporters have said to me "so Ukraine = Russia?"). He may very well have but the emails they published don't show that.

The first email is from Baxter Hunt and none of the recipients are a Podesta. It does however state quite matter of factly that the Podesta Group are lobbyists for the Part of Regions/Ukraine so it's pretty clear if Hunt new, so did Tony Podesta.

The other emails are some exchange about Jet Blue and Lufthansa were considering two locations for a maintenance center — Mexico and Puerto Rico.

To which John Podesta responds that the governor is a friend and his brother reps PR. Not only isn't that foreign lobbying, that's not actually lobbying AFAIK. Even if he set the deal up personally, as long as he wasn't getting paid by the airlines. In this circumstance, he's at best facilitating a deal for PR where the competition is Mexico.

Yes and Flynn could have caught a few more charges for FARA violations and possibly money laundering. Mueller also isn't whoever from the DOJ that was working with the FBI in the Clinton email investigation.

I don't know that that's true either. Do you know who Mueller has investigated? Nor was the counterintelligence investigation into "people for trying to get dirt from foreign sources." You're just glossing over everything to come up with the vaguest terms to make them seem comparable.

Well you have thoroughly convinced me that everything Trump supporters said was bad of Clinton was true of Trump. They're real peas in a pod. I have no idea what the above line is about though. Neither Cohen nor "Hillary's people" got money from Deripaska AFAIK. I believe you're referring to Manafort getting tens of millions a year from Deripaska to lobby for Putin's agenda and the FBI trying to use Deripaska to rescue Bob Levinson.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou "Pfft. Wake up, sheeps. You're being manipulated big time. "

I believe the word your looking for is Sheople.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Grambler

And on and on.

It’s almost as if they (Alt left) get their facts from alternative universes. Or even better yet seem to forget everything the people they support did. And then turn right around and demand justice when someone they don’t like does the same thing,

Hilarious.

I think the term Ctrl Left is more apropos.

It describes how the left wants to control speech, control what is offensive and what is not, control what we think, and control the narrative.

top topics

join