It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

birmingham-mayor-responds-to-church-sign-saying-black-folks-need-to-stay-out-of-white-churches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am a white person, by day I am an Envrironmental Scientist. My life is filled with music and I was trained well in music at the same time I was studying Biology and Chemistry. I have been participating in a predominantly black Church choir for several years. This story made my eyes water.....

The preachers of the African American community I meet would tell this one in Birmingham what is the truth. God wants us to seek the light and love each other and that especially the followers of Christ are to find ways to heal the wounds and not rub salt on them.

www.wsfa.com...

Bottom line, the mayor says hate doesn't make hate go away! Love does!

I am not a preacher or minister but I believe we can't hate our way out of these messes.

edit on 17-5-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

proud to read that.....

you have your head on right!!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

False flag event.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The black minister of the church ( Birmingham Baptist) with the sighn doesn't want his black congregation to go to another church down the road
The sign is telling black people not to go to a predominantly new white church, reverse racism from an insecure minister

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Honestly, I'm to the point where I think most all of this crap is fake. Do we have any evidence of who put it up? If not, then isn't it possible that a black person did it? If that's the case, why is it being used this way to advance a narrative?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yeah. Hate doesn't solve anything.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Yeah. Hate doesn't solve anything.

I believe in the message of MLK and wish others would also. It is simple to hate and harder to love those who are mean, I know. Humans have a choice to be mean or love one another. We need to use it wisely.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It is sad to be able to say that he was ahead of his time. I imagine he would be proud to see how many in the South have finally begun to reconcile these silly differences. As horrible as public education may be, it has brought together many generations that can be at peace with one another. It seems there is still plenty of cultural divide, but there is far more understanding and appreciation.

Also, please legalize weed and remove these chains from my brothers Alabama. Roll Tide!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
The black minister of the church ( Birmingham Baptist) with the sighn doesn't want his black congregation to go to another church down the road
The sign is telling black people not to go to a predominantly new white church, reverse racism from an insecure minister

because of 'events' that kept taking place by 'insecure' white folks when 'black folks' went to 'white folks church' and when a 'black pastor' went to lead a 'white church' for a day.

you do your own googling then rebuttal....

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Racism is racism, anyone going to that church or supporting that minister/message supports racism.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

because of 'events' that kept taking place by 'insecure' white folks when 'black folks' went to 'white folks church' and when a 'black pastor' went to lead a 'white church' for a day.

You well maybe right, I didn't read everything
Just thought the story was a little deeper, evidently I didn't dig deep enough

My mistake trusting the msm, oops sorry

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

doesn't mean that pastor is right for putting that hate filled sign up. he's no better than the antagonists whom drove him to their level.

the bottom line is, the human mind when subjected to certain emotional stressors, only knows freeze or fight. this story simply reminds us of the ugliness of the latter.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

doesn't mean that pastor is right for putting that hate filled sign up. he's no better than the antagonists whom drove him to their level.

the bottom line is, the human mind when subjected to certain emotional stressors, only knows freeze or fight. this story simply reminds us of the ugliness of the latter.

It is lead by example. It is not your fault if your 'enemies' hate you but it is your fault if you hate back.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
terrible choice of words by a so called christian. there is no way to sugarcoat it, regardless of the intention or context people need to think two, three, four times before they speak nowadays. ahem *trump* ahem *kanye* ahem

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
sign saying black folks need to stay out of white churches = False Flag, not racist, Free speech, find another church

sign saying white folks need to stay out of black churches = White genocide, the left are the real racist, so much for the tolerant left, Antifa, Soros...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If he continues to have followers - - I see them as the problem.

top topics

join