It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come and take it,' Kent State grad says while posing with AR-10 rifle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This woman is awesome. And she brings up a good point, we only hear about the anti gun students while the pro gun students are ignored.

Kaitlin Bennett didn't like the rules that kept her from carrying a gun on campus.

So the day after she received her bachelor's degree in biology from Kent State University on Saturday - no longer bound by those rules - she put on a summery white dress, flung an AR-10 rifle over her back and posed for photos around campus.

She accessorized with her mortar board, decorated with a picture of a rifle and the words, "Come and Take It"

www.kansascity.com...
edit on 16-5-2018 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The question is...

Did she, or did she not know she is an anti-gun advertisement?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am disappointed to learn she was talking about the rifle. I was all set for a road trip.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Kent State.
By all means , if they remember , they have a right .
May 4th , 1970

+2 more 
posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
12-18 months ago I would have seen this thread and gone into a massive rant about how guns are bad and shes an idiot.
Now sitting here today I still think guns are bad but I believe the Americans pushing for gun control are the idiots.

I honestly believe its only shills, the severly indoctrinated or those who are using emotion to do their thinking that are against guns in America.

Its weird how for the rest of the civilised world I think no guns are the way forward but for Yanks its almost a necessity.
Even if its just locked away in a closet the numbers of armed suckers out there will keep your dodgy ass gov from going too far, at least thats my hope

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The question is...

Did she, or did she not know she is an anti-gun advertisement?

I don't understand your comment. How so?

I agree with her. I disagree with the gun grabbers.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Soooooo hot! And not afraid of guns. Unlike those wimpy Azz Brits who can’t control London anymore, right Stuff!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Now THATS what I'm talking about.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Sorry if I was too obtuse.

I think there is a push to make gun owners look bad.

There have been several of thesd little "skits" that have happened, and they all involve AR's and public scenes.

The last one was a buch of young guys putting ARs on their backs and going to the local Walmart where they obviously would get negative attention.

Any gun owner that wants to keep their rights would never draw negative attention to that right in a public place like that.

These colleges have been proven to be a liberal cesspool.

Why wouldn't they work for the side they have been caught favoring?

I bet if you dig into her background, she is a impressionable liberal sjw.

My statement goes to the fact that basically she looks bad for gun owners.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: SummerRain

Sorry if I was too obtuse.

I think there is a push to make gun owners look bad.

There have been several of thesd little "skits" that have happened, and they all involve AR's and public scenes.

The last one was a buch of young guys putting ARs on their backs and going to the local Walmart where they obviously would get negative attention.

Any gun owner that wants to keep their rights would never draw negative attention to that right in a public place like that.

These colleges have been proven to be a liberal cesspool.

Why wouldn't they work for the side they have been caught favoring?

I bet if you dig into her background, she is a impressionable liberal sjw.

I totally agree, I think gun owners need to be more mindful that the way to convert the anti gunners isnt by shoving guns in their faces but rather by being subtle. Telling people proudly that you are a gun owner is a tad different to showing people your massive weapon.

Imagine it like a gay mardi gras if you will.
Yeah sure its legal but going out of your way to celebrate it and shove it in the face of those who are against it isnt going to convert anyone to your way of thinking.
Just be a normal bloke who happens to like the D and most people will take it in their stride, wearing assless chaps, fairy wings and full body glitter will most likely antagonise alot of people.

edit on 17/5/2018 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'm reading "come and shoot me officers"

*I'll see myself out.....

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

You have to admit, it's a pretty bad ass photo.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Whatever she did there, she looks good doing it.

If everyone was doing likewise it sure wouldn't hurt anything, except for those who despise our freedoms and our rights.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You don't look at the mantle piece when you are stoking the fire....and she is stoking a fire for sure with anti gun laws....she might have a face like a dropped pie,but her fire is begging to be stoked

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I understand what you're saying. ...and that is precisely what the gun-grabbers want.

How about, instead of kowtowing to them, in some form of misguided attempt to be reasonable, or appear to be, we instead ask those very same gun-grabbers what exactly they find issues with?

In those pictures, what exactly is the action that is, in their minds, so wrong. The weapon is slung, she isn't making any gestures that can be even remotely construed as threatening... So, what exactly, is she doing that's "wrong"?

I'm done placating. I've been accused of it on ATS in the recent past, and the accusations were spot on. I have no need to be "reasonable". I exercise my rights in a safe, and legal, manner. That's "reasonable". What the gun-grabber want to do in their ideal little world view, isn't "reasonable". Not in any shape, fashion, or form.

So, I'm done being "reasonable".

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Seems like someone doesnt understand the history of the school she graduated from.

Also why is a Kansas City news org running this story from Ohio? Why are this pushing this story nation wide?
edit on 17-5-2018 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah, I'm not really sure the answer here.
I'm going to go all conspiracy on my observations, bare with me peeps.

It seems like an experimental poll was taken, they combined social media manipulation and the worst possible candidate that openly claimed to want to take rights, raise taxes, etc, etc.. was put forth to the American public.

They then took the results and sh!tted themselves with joy with the number of voters who were dumb enough to vote against their own self interests.

Social media has been infiltrated with bad actors, and they may, or may not have any traction in irl with the ability to influence others with the issue.

Anti-gun talk gets mauled on the internet where the convo isn't being controlled and filtered with muh hate speech bs on the main arteries of communication.

I think we are in for a nightmare scenario. Like the tv media was, the internet has consolidated into superpowers like Google, Twitter, etc...

Obama and his smith-mundt act change was our death blow, leaving propaganda legal and this race to make "AI for good" is going to collide in a big way imo, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that AI isn't already as high as 90% of all the anti-gun noise out there right now, and even if I am wrong about AI, who cares? We already know groups like anytown, or whatever are actively being paid millions to fight the Bill of Rights. Just wait till this process is AI controlled

They are doing this over social media and trying to sway opinion.
Naturally they find some qt girl who will get the "eff yeah" from gun owners and make students and parents nervous at the same time.

The internet and media just needs to be shutdown if it's just going to be used against everyone's rights. The word "Web" couldn't be more accurate at this point. it's all just a big control trap.

It seems like the options are being fed to us as sh!tty or evil. Take your pick, we win either way sort of thing.

IDK, but it's creepy for sure.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

She looked pretty good to me, gun or not.

Regarding the gun, her statement is powerful, due to the location.

Back in 1970, the left was truly 'up in arms' about what happened there, and understandably so. National Guardsmen shooting unarmed students is a bad thing.

Todays leftist solution.... disarm everyone except thw government.
Duh.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The anti gun liberals would freak out if they went to Israel.
sellingthesecondamendment.com...

You don 't mess with the Sabra.

By the way its illegal to carry concealed weapons in public in Israel but open carry is very very common.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You don't look at the mantle piece when you are stoking the fire....and she is stoking a fire for sure with anti gun laws....she might have a face like a dropped pie,but her fire is begging to be stoked

Nah, she's a real cutie. Just saw her on Fox.

Her point is that if she still was a student, she couldn;t do it without getting arrested.

<<   2 >>

join