It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cult mass suicides

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy
a reply to: randyvs

You're referring to the FBI right?

I'm not cop'n to nothin chief.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
I believe the internet has a lot to do with it. It's very easy to fact-check and find the backgrounds of would-be cult leaders. Difficult to hide away in today's world.

I had the same idea for a different reason. Perhaps persuading a community into mass suicide requires a direct, personal presence which can't be replicated online.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You left out christians- the biggest, and worst of the death cults. They're ready to go, and take the whole world with them in a nuclear holocaust, no matter what it takes.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
You left out christians- the biggest, and worst of the death cults. They're ready to go, and take the whole world with them in a nuclear holocaust, no matter what it takes.

Kind of a stretch, eh?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy
a reply to: randyvs

You're referring to the FBI right?

Yes. The FBI had to kill all of them. To save the children.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

We've moved on from that. We're killing other people now. If your going to kill yourself anyway, why not take someone with you? I think school shootings are the thing now.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Kind of a stretch, eh?

Nope:
www.google.com... e..69i57.9167j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

to be honest, a lot of modern "Cults" have decided to follow the Scientology path. Make money, not die. Most recently we have the:

Moonies
Scientology
NXIV

Its bad business to have mass deaths. But as somone else mentioned its been a while since there has been a mass death, and the Internet probably has a role to play. Its bloody hard to hide nefarious behaviour today. Not impossible. But hard.

I know of a couple of groups that I keep an eye on, thinking they will be in the news one day. For example the Attomwaffen Division.

You may have a point there.

Perhaps money has overcome the classic religions. The signs have been there for a while, no?

Bow thee down to the temple of Materialism.

They can get some folks to do any cockamamie thing, for a price. $$$

Sir: why are you standing on the sidewalk in a chicken-suit?
It's my job!
Oh! Ok. That makes perfect sense...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well we brainwashed radicalized Islamic people blowing themselves' up and shooting lots of people and fighting 'holy wars'. Not quite the same but still pretty close. Organized religions are just successful cults on a much larger scale anyways.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Admitted
I believe the internet has a lot to do with it. It's very easy to fact-check and find the backgrounds of would-be cult leaders. Difficult to hide away in today's world.

I had the same idea for a different reason. Perhaps persuading a community into mass suicide requires a direct, personal presence which can't be replicated online.

Yeah, although not some mystical presence. A personal touch and an emotional bond with the leader and group is necessary.

The internet and easy access to information (and increased visibility of most everything) takes away a cult leaders ability to limit and mold a specific and narrow world-view. Such extreme beliefs can't survive huge amounts of easily verifiable information. Not easily anyway.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wlasp

Its not just Islamic folk. You have Christians in the USA shooting folk up.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Weird, I know a lot of christians and none of them want a nuclear holocaust.......

Its cute that youre so blatant about your hate and bigotry though....

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Last one was hillary clinton.
not many killed them self's.
they had a good try tho, still at it.
if they had won they would have don it.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I notice you quietly left out the links provided in a later reply. Truth sting a bit much?

It's so cute with your blatant ignorance...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join