It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinct animals found in the Permafrost!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Skid Row - Eighteen and Life.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: Dr UAE
that was amazing, i always wonder why are they frozen, where they caught by surprise ? i mean by the freezing weather

No, they fell into bog pools and drowned. The peaty water preserved them. Similar to the well known Lindow man and other bog bodies

btw you wwon't find any neanderthals in Siberia any more than you will find kangaroos. They never lived there.

Edit: the same thing nearly happened to me once during a blizzard in the Cairngorms. But fortunately the pool was only waste deep and I got out

btw you wwon't find any neanderthals in Siberia any more than you will find kangaroos. They never lived there.

not that we know of yet...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm on a night train:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Great find. Some may have been preserved by bogs but some were subjected to flash freezing. On several occasions North East Siberia and Alaska seem to have been subjected to massive flash floods and plunging temperatures. Velikovsky surmised these may be proof of magnetic pole shift and it's disastrous consequences.

I remember reading about mammoths that appeared to have been flash frozen. It may have been an article from Siberian Times. There was a group of 12 or 15 of them that seemed frozen in their tracks up near the arctic ocean.

What surprised me most was the rhinoceros. They have such a limited habitat today. I just didn't expect them to live in Siberia. Maybe it was warmer there in the past.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
such beautiful and amazing creatures.. that blue ox is incredible! Thank you for posting this

to 'solve'.. I am so sorry to hear you are going through such Hell.. I wish I had some advice for you ..but will just send you thoughts of comfort, healing and support. We are thinking of you

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Climate change. They didn't tax enough.

Watering hole dried up, stuck in the mud then BOOM out of nowhere a bunch of cold water fell from the sky. Almost like seasons or something.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Great find. Some may have been preserved by bogs but some were subjected to flash freezing. On several occasions North East Siberia and Alaska seem to have been subjected to massive flash floods and plunging temperatures. Velikovsky surmised these may be proof of magnetic pole shift and it's disastrous consequences.

I remember reading about mammoths that appeared to have been flash frozen. It may have been an article from Siberian Times. There was a group of 12 or 15 of them that seemed frozen in their tracks up near the arctic ocean.

What surprised me most was the rhinoceros. They have such a limited habitat today. I just didn't expect them to live in Siberia. Maybe it was warmer there in the past.

I recently saw a documentary discussing the Siberian climate near the end of the ice age, they said the ice sheet during the ice age was more on the North American side and Siberia was a much warmer climate allowing for a more diverse and populated environment.

While not flash frozen, they have found the remains of thousands and thousands of mammoths along the Siberian coast which they speculate were killed during the massive floods created when the NA ice cap started melting and the Arctic sea rose (formally Siberian grazing land)..they were sitting ducks.

It made sense, plus they talked about the Scablands, one of my favorite subjects..

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
that was amazing, i always wonder why are they frozen, where they caught by surprise ? i mean by the freezing weather

Cats like to have a safe place next to water. So a cave next to a river would be perfect. A sudden rainstorm could have made those locations inaccessible, simply washed them away or covered them with clay and mud. Then the Ice age winter sets in and everything freezes. Perhaps the two happened at the same time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join