It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the Giro d' Italia cycling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Are there any fellow cycling fans on ATS? Being from the UK I do love football and Liverpool FC in particular so I can't wait for the Champions League Final but at the moment the Giro is on in Italy. Whenever a Grand Tour is on I am totally hooked and watch at least 3 or 4 hours a day. When it's over I enter a grieving process and will have wait until the Tour de France begins to get my fix back.

It's been a great race so far, except for the dull scenery when the race started in Israel ( I know, Israel featuring in the tour of Italy?? go figure). Personally I think Tom Domoulin is still favourite but I would love to see a British winner in Adam Yates. I don't consider Froome to be British and I don't think he should be racing while his doping case is still ongoing. I didn't like Froome anyway (I am definitely Team Wiggins) but I think his participation is damaging to cycling. Thankfully he's 2 minutes down on GC and not looking like he's going to win.

On Saturday they climb the Zoncolan and I would encourage any sports fan to take a look at what will be a spectacular day, I can't wait, I just need to get myself out of a childs birthday party that my wife says I MUST attend
Maybe I could fake an alien abduction and when I come back from the pub in the evening I could claim missing time??

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: swimtim

Six hours and no replies.

I am not watching. I typically don't watch the Giro that often. Maybe a few mountain stages but my attention is elsewhere (NHL). I had been watching the Tour of California but skipped last year and am missing this year's too.

Lance Armstrong kind of ruined cycling for me. I was a supporter and fan until I found out what he is like and what a liar he is. Then others started failing tests and I have quietly been pulling away from professional cycling.

I agree. The bestest way to watch cycling is the whole stage coverage, live. Yeah, there are boring parts but that is cycling! I like seeing the team strategy and how they work. I watched most Le Tour last year. It works out fairly well to catch the stage live before work or the replay before going to bed. Which is when I realized the difference between both airings.

Hope you get to enjoy the Giro! Saluti!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hang on, i'm thinking as i'm typing ...

I too follow most of the 'big' sporting events
by hook or by crook

Couldn't ATS create forums for different sports ?

This year :
Big cup Footy thing (no forum !!!!!)
Tennis things (no foruuuuum)
TDF (quoi ?)

Summer Rugby Test matches...
There should be forums for each sport ...

A part from Geriatric mud Wrestling, maybe, et encore ...
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 16-5-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join