It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remove avatar or mini profile pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ladies & gentlemen, as you can see i have messed up things and don't know what to do now

So far i tried:

1. Delete my picture from the "Upload" section, i was still seeing the images next to my posts
2. Look for a button to clear the image from my profile pictures, nothing found

Would any kind soul help me out of the dumb misery i got myself into?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Seems to me you should be able to take a torch and melt your monitor where the avator shows up and you won't see it anymore.

I don't have a clue how you can fix that, I had someone help me years ago to get my picture into the avatar. I know nothing of how to change it.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Seems to me you should be able to take a torch and melt your monitor where the avator shows up and you won't see it anymore.

LMAO, i'll consider this in a couple days

I don't have a clue how you can fix that, I had someone help me years ago to get my picture into the avatar. I know nothing of how to change it.

Well looks like i'm smart enough to put it there but not to remove it, i don't want the one in the background that doesn't fit i just wanted the small one that shows me with the book right now, i wanted to switch that one but clicked on the wrong button i think.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
To remove your avatar do the following:

Go to "account"

under "your avatar" you will see the http for your avatar.

Delete that and hit "submit"

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

ohh thank you so much, it's gone now

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Glad to see you got it straightened out. I like this picture much better.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

Try this.

Edit: ohh i see what you are saying..
Hang on.
Click on the blue NO symbol to remove, then click on the person icon to add pic to avatar.

edit on 15-5-2018 by Bigburgh because: Eggnogs a Boomsticks 😁

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

This is the perfect time to ask you this... WHAT IS YOUR AVATAR PICTURE!? I've been trying to figure it out, and the best I can come up with is a fossilized goose... haha!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Glad to see you got it straightened out. I like this picture much better.

Thank you so much

But have to remove it, got in trouble becasue i wasn't allowed to show like this

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Try this.

Edit: ohh i see what you are saying..
Hang on.
Click on the blue NO symbol to remove, then click on the person icon to add pic to avatar.

Thank you, what i was tryning to do was remove the big picture in the background, i didn't want anything to show up there but i only found how to switch it but not how to completely remove it. It's fixed now

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If you click the person icon with another pic, the previous gets stored in your picture area.
The box which you don't want is your background.
edit on 15-5-2018 by Bigburgh because: Glitch

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alexander the Great

This is the perfect time to ask you this... WHAT IS YOUR AVATAR PICTURE!? I've been trying to figure it out, and the best I can come up with is a fossilized goose... haha!

Go to my wall, their is a link at the bottom, it is the stone as I found it. I pulled the clay stranded plug out of the marrow bone shaped hole and made a handle for it. It is an old ground piece of marrow bone, which is either permineralized or fossilized. It is way bigger than a cow bone. Although I have found verification of it being a piece of permineralized bone, I have not found anyone who can identify what kind of animal it came from. It may be a mastadon bone that the Indians carved after digging it out of the permafrost. I do not know how old it is. It is interesting but is not valuable or anything.

There are actually lots of pieces of old bone around here, a guy who sells dinosaur bones gets a lot of bone from this area. The glacier kind of crushed them into big rocks, sometimes you will find one that is identifiable by shape. The ants love to eat the old bone rocks, that is a way to tell sometimes. They like limestone and some coral too, but there is not much corol up here, and our limestone has a greenish tint to it and a different name. But there are chunks of bone around people's gardens.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alexander the Great

Go to my wall, their is a link at the bottom, it is the stone as I found it. I pulled the clay stranded plug out of the marrow bone shaped hole and made a handle for it. It is an old ground piece of marrow bone, which is either permineralized or fossilized. It is way bigger than a cow bone. Although I have found verification of it being a piece of permineralized bone, I have not found anyone who can identify what kind of animal it came from. It may be a mastadon bone that the Indians carved after digging it out of the permafrost. I do not know how old it is. It is interesting but is not valuable or anything.

There are actually lots of pieces of old bone around here, a guy who sells dinosaur bones gets a lot of bone from this area. The glacier kind of crushed them into big rocks, sometimes you will find one that is identifiable by shape. The ants love to eat the old bone rocks, that is a way to tell sometimes. They like limestone and some coral too, but there is not much corol up here, and our limestone has a greenish tint to it and a different name. But there are chunks of bone around people's gardens.

Where do you live? How do you know is not valuable?

To me it's amazing, i wish i had something like that, i have never found anything but not too old bones when camping or exploring :/

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

If I were to get the site inspected by an archeologist and get each piece certified, which is hard to do since I do not know how deep some of these are and did not do an official practice when uncovering them, they might be worth something. So if I dump three thousand bucks into getting that done, I might get three grand back if I sold the artifacts. I do not want to have to sell the artifacts just to get my money back.

The local indians I talked to that looked at them said they are older than their tribe has been here, but did know how some of the things were made and I guess they still do stone and bone grinding in some of their old historic tool making practices. An indian who is involved with that kind of stuff told me more precicely what some of the things were.

a keeper of the fire told me it is alright to dig these things up, but they were gifts to the land and should remain there. I am not interested in selling them, I think it is neat to have them. If I found more and did the certification I might get enough to put a down payment on a new cadilac, the wife told me she wanted one and I should sell them. It is just a downpayment, we would still be in debt, selling them would be a lose lose situation.

I quit digging, I figure I need to leave something for my kids to dig up. Since this is most probably an old ceremonial site, the indians said there will be all sorts of stuff here, gifts to the land. About a foot down, six inches into the hard pan ,there are lots of three and four rock combinations found, some on top of each other. I guess there was always four buried but some were made of bone and deteriorated. I got a little stone pipe that was not completely finished, the indians told me how to finish it. According to about half a dozen indian elders I talked to this is probably not a graveyard, I live on top of a hill. They did not bury anyone on top of the hill. But I do not want to open a can of worms, the government will say I cannot dig anymore stating these are burial artifacts so I keep quiet. I know from the elders that this is not a burial site, but you know white professional people think they know everything. I was warned not to tell anyone what I have found by a few professionals I know that say just about what the Indians said.

It is very bad luck to sell old Indian artifacts, even if they are found on your land.

top topics

join