It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Overturns California Right-To-Die Law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: ATruGod

In California , they want you to Continue Living so they can Still Tax the Hell out of You..........Sorry.

As a non-American I always got the impression the whole euthanasia-subject in America and why it is such a problem is because of....well, you know....the bible.

sanctity of life and that stuff...

Your explanation would actually make more sense...lol

Peace

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Its irrelevant how the law came to pass, unless this judge is intent on collapsing ALL legislation which is shoehorned onto unrelated bills.

To make all such legislation invalid, would throw the entire legal system into a whirlwind of total oblivion. Now, I am not against that, because the law is the mere idiot cousin of justice, the lesser of the two things. But... there will be ramifications.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It really looks like the judge decided to overturn this on a dumb technicality. This was a bad ruling in my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: BlueJacket

theres always a way to die with dignity without a damn law.

Im so sick of frickin more and more laws. If you dont want to live, practice your basic constitutional right, and game over.

This is true, but if you want to acquire certain drugs, and/or want your loved ones with you when the deed is done, then those folks who helped you could be charged with manslaughter.

Suicide also disqualifies beneficiaries from getting life insurance payouts.
edit on 16-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

In California , they want you to Continue Living so they can Still Tax the Hell out of You..........Sorry.

As a non-American I always got the impression the whole euthanasia-subject in America and why it is such a problem is because of....well, you know....the bible.

sanctity of life and that stuff...

Your explanation would actually make more sense...lol

Peace

You were right the first time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join