It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK Cancel's Meeting With SK, Threatens to Cancel Meeting With US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Chung, who credited Trump’s “maximum pressure” campaign for the diplomatic opening on the nuclear issue, said Kim understands that routine U.S.-South Korea military drills “must continue.”

Apparently, that wasn't Kim's understanding.

The drills were suspended during the Winter Olympics recently hosted by South Korea, which provided impetus for the inter-Korea rapprochement. The drills are expected to resume next month and has widely been seen as an obstacle to talks. North Korea has long protested the military maneuvers south of the divided Korean Peninsula as a rehearsal for invading the North.

www.centralmaine.com...

Sounds like to Kim the drills were an issue, but the Trump administiration refused to ackowledge that.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I'm glad you think so.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Get back on topic.

Your politicians ( which you linked ) have made The Nobel Peace Prize part of this topic. Have they not?

As for you, you can't give me a single reason why Trump should be nominated for it. Let me give you one why he shouldn't.

Nominating someone for a Peace Prize who has sabre rattled and threatened to Nuke NK would be a travesty and a mockery for that award.

How many world leaders have come close to de-escalating the nuclear tension in the Korean peninsula? Like roughly?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Except that the article was written in march and the drills have been going on since april. During which time, kim promised denuking, peace, and the summit. This is posturing, plain and simple.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think this is a slap in the face from the efforts put forth by both sides to obtain peace. During peace talks and negotiations one party is gonna pull his stick out and wag it around why and whats the point. I know Kims a ruthless dictator, but isn't democracy the same except instead of one big time evil guy you have thousands of pencil pushing, dancing around laws, lying politicians. if things go badly for a dictators country he's pointed at by the masses as being the problem. Things in our country go badly we appoint special prosecutors and point fingers at each other and even after years of political maneuvering
we get nothing done and no one is served justice except our masses pay these idiot to do nothing but steal from us.

I tell you if peace is negotiated with a gun to my head some day i will have the bigger gun.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Get back on topic.

Your politicians ( which you linked ) have made The Nobel Peace Prize part of this topic. Have they not?

As for you, you can't give me a single reason why Trump should be nominated for it. Let me give you one why he shouldn't.

Nominating someone for a Peace Prize who has sabre rattled and threatened to Nuke NK would be a travesty and a mockery for that award.

Start a thread

/derail

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

no, the media did and the south korean leader too, trump didn't say a word about it. honestly what does that even have to do with anything anyway? people need to stop trying to detract from the subject, is using tricks like that the only way you know how to win arguments? stop ignoring reality and thinking everything can be resolved by appeasement, that mindset will cost the lives of millions once again someday.

there's a difference between meek and being timid, you can't just appease people and expect peace to be the outcome, negotiations have to go both ways for there to be peace, playing games to stall us is all north korea has done since they started their nuclear program,. they clearly won't stop until they possess a working ICBM.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is exact!y what they tried to warn trump Kim would do. But he wouldn't listen.
What next ?
Back to little rocket man and Dotard?
edit on 5152018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: namehere

well gee wasn't that unexpected, i wondered when the north koreans would start playing these games, like every other time in the past. we need to stop trying to negotiate with them already, they clearly don't want peace.

yes clearly more insults,drills and sanctions will keep them folks alive

if we really want peace then start acting peaceful.

so far lil kim has ran circles around trump in the gentleman department.

HEY do not forget to not remember all the dead in gaza in the name of peace

And I thought I was the only one to see what is really happening but then again there are far too many Trump supporters nowadays on ATS who see sunshine from his ar.se to clearly see the bleedin obvious.

I mean come on (not you howtonhawky but other readers) all this nicey nicey with South Korea had absolutely f all to do with any "Trump diplomacy working" and everything to do with playing Trump like a well tuned fiddle sheeeeesh!!!!

Now it's South Korea's turn..........do they side with Kim and huge apologies or side with the US.

Oh and are you Trumpites really that dumb you think the recent denuclearisation activites were on live sites .......DUH!!!!!!

Kim plays games and is a highly (western) educated man. Treating him like a fool is dumb. He has more intelligence in his little finger than Trump has or will ever have.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Maybe, maybe it was an issue with him all along, and ignoring that is a Trump tactic to make Kim look petty.

Personally, I think the NK Summit is tied to China, and they're using it as leverage over Trump. Kim is just Pres Xi's puppet in this game. Kim does what China tells him to do.

edit on 15-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just extend a peaceful hand and invite North Korea to join the drills .. Problem solved !

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Woops. There goes that Nobel peace prize.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Maybe we should just invite NK to participate in the exercises - NOT as targets, but as "valuable allies in the defense of the Korean Peninsula and Sea of Japan (or Western Pacific)". Are the Japanese also participating? Makes an interesting regional coalition.

ganjoa

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

If kim is Xi's puppet and he's doing Xi's bidding, then this is posturing.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ahhh, the talking points finally hit your inbox.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

They take months of planning and prep, you can't just add someone three weeks into them.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

except this drill started in mid april, before kim even requested this summit and it is almost over in like a few days, while the meeting between kim and trump is supposed to be in june.

it's clearly a ploy to make us look bad to the general public, without public support they know we can't take action against them, they learned our real weakness as a democratic state and are trying to deceive the public with half-truths.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I only know what I read. I don't recall reading that Kim "requested" a summit. I do recall that in February, North Korea participated in the Olympics, and Kim Jung Un ceremonially stepped across the border, holding hands with Pres Moon. The drills were suspended at that time.

I do recall reading, at the time that the summit was being negotiated, that Kim was complaining about the drills.

Then, there's this from Axios today:

Why it matters: This is a dramatic change in tone from North Korea, which recently released three U.S. prisoners and began dismantling a nuclear test site as part of efforts to lay the groundwork for talks with Trump. North Korea has long viewed joint drills as rehearsals for invasion, but had remained uncharacteristically silent about exercises last month. Tuesday's objections were over an air force drill that began last week.

www.axios.com...

edit on 15-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well that escalated quickly!!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Who knew that movie with Seth Rogan and James Franco nailed Kim's bipolar mental disability so perfectly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join