It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.G. Jeff Sessions Reverses Obama's Sexual Identity Rule for Prisons.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: kaylaluv
So much for Trump’s promise to fight for transgender and gay people.

He's fighting for where they belong when they commit crimes.

Which should be according to their current gender.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What's so terrible and evil about the Trump administration is that if you are a criminal and get caught and are sentenced to prison, you cannot leave any time you want.

What about the rights of a prisoner to move about the country freely!?!?!?!?!?!

Haters!

#Impeach45

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Why?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He’s been trying hard to shut them out of the military - even if they’re totally qualified.

He’s already said he thinks same sex marriage should be up to the states, knowing full well that certain states that would ban it. If he gets another Uber conservative on the S.C., he’ll get his wish.

If Trump serves a second term, I can envision us going back to the days when homosexuality was against the law, and trans people had to hide in the shadows.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Men who identify as men still get raped in prison. Why should a "trans" get special treatment?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Perhaps we should remove male guards from female prosons then.

Agreed.

Guards May Be Responsible for Half of Prison Sexual Assaults
Sexual assault of inmates by staff is prevalent and often goes unpunished

At the same time, let's stop incarcerating people for victimless crimes, so we don't put people in this vulnerable position to begin with. And while we're at it, let's focus on other ways for non-violent folks to pay their (legit) debts to society and victims -- such as fines, restitution, community service, house arrest, ankle bracelets, etc. Again, not putting non-violent people into a violent and dangerous prison.

Of course that would require shutting down for-profit prisons who like making more and more of us "criminals"... but it will also stop making criminals out of harmless people just so some can make the big bucks.

And once we stop filling prisons with people are are no threat to anyone, maybe we can get them under control also.
edit on 15-5-2018 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Why?

Why not stick women in men’s prisons? Serves ‘em right for committing a crime, huh.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

He’s been trying hard to shut them out of the military - even if they’re totally qualified.

That is being left up to the military. Which, mind you, does not allow face tattoos. Joining the military is not a right, and body modifications can prevent you from joining. So if they don't allow neck and face tattoos, you could see how hormone medication might make them worried.

As for the rest of your points, they were all ifs. What ifs aren't showing how he's taken away rights or freedoms.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Trans people have already been serving without a problem. Some of them might even have saved some soldiers’ lives. But they’re icky, so....

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

At the same time, let's stop incarcerating people for victimless crimes, so we don't put people in this vulnerable position to begin with.

There's something I can rally behind.

Untold tax dollars for marijuana offenses is archaic.

I'm not really a Sessions fan, mainly because he's stuck in the past on issues like this.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Trans people have already been serving without a problem. Some of them might even have saved some soldiers’ lives. But they’re icky, so....

Has nothing to do with "icky".

Personally anyone willing to sacrifice their life for country is courageous no matter the circumstances.

But as I said, it's up to the military, not me. To be honest I haven't served and I am no expert. They are, and they are not elected officials. So it's not really my place for opinion.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

There's something I can rally behind.

Untold tax dollars for marijuana offenses is archaic.

And under these current circumstances, downright cruel and sadistic. There is no virtue when the punishment is worse than the "crime."

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Trump is fully behind shutting trans people out of the military - he has publicly stated it.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Trump is fully behind shutting trans people out of the military - he has publicly stated it.

Again, no one has the right to join the military, only potential opportunity, should you meet the guidelines.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Like I said, Trump has gone back on his promise to fight for the LGBT community. Obama fought for them. Trump has done just the opposite.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Don't do the crime...

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Like I said, Trump has gone back on his promise to fight for the LGBT community. Obama fought for them. Trump has done just the opposite.

Not to defend Trump in any way... but given the complaints from armed services about the lack of qualified recruits these days, all I see with the effort to put transgenders in the military is an effort to make transgenders the next sacrificial lambs for an insatiable MIC... and passing it off as a "win" for transgenders.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Alright, I'll give you that.

But I don't see why people should be able to pick prisons.

That's just asking for trouble. Could be violence, could be pregnancies at the tax payers dime.

If you're born a male, and make decisions to land yourself in the pen, you are adult enough to live with those decisions.

You can identify as a free person at that point and see where that gets you.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yes, it absolutely has everything to do with perceptions rather than reality.

An objective analysis of this situation, shows the following:

First, in the matter of trans persons serving in war if they should so choose, the ONLY qualifying factors for service in the name of ones country, are willingness to serve, and the actual ability to be useful in wartime. If a person can carry a gun, and nearly their own body weight in equipment around a battle space, look out for their comrades, and protect and defend their country or its interests, it matters not whether they have a different gender on a neurochemical and hormonal basis, than they have on the outside. It also matters not one whit whether they have had surgery or treatment to correct the flaw in their body and its form, that separated that individual from their true nature.

In the matter of prisons, rape is a problem which needs to be solved, regardless of what form that takes in a prison setting. Since it is by no means necessary for a person to identify as a member of the opposite sex, in order to be abused in a prison, I think some of the concerns that people opposing trans people being able to actually go to a prison which is correct for their actual gender (because make no mistake, science backs the notion that a person is what they are on the inside, far more than what they represent as visibly), are invented, not real concerns, just the same old opposition to any form of change, advancement, or forward progress of any kind, that comes along any time you leave some tyrant minded savage in control of things.

Unsophisticated people should either become sophisticated, or butt out. Those with callouses on their knuckles are not fit to comment on these matters, since they lack the education, intelligence, and objective reasoning capacity necessary to make just comment, or for that matter, come to conclusions of any note or importance at all on the matters at hand.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

, all I see with the effort to put transgenders in the military is ...

They were already in the military. The fight is to keep them there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join