It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 - Sept. 11, 2001 Torah Reading for the Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
For the last decade or so, I have been studying Orthodox Judaism, first out of my own interest, and as a better understanding of the Bible. I am going to post this information, as I found it rather startling to me. I haven't read this elsewhere, so perhaps others have noticed this as well.

Briefly, every day in Judaism there is an assigned reading from the Torah - the first five books of the Hebrew Bible. On Mondays and Thursdays during the week, the readings are included as part of the morning prayer service. Each section of the Torah is read each Sabbath - Sabbath being from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown.

On September 11, 2001, or 911, the Torah reading for that particular day was prophetic. It was the 23rd of Elul in the Hebrew calendar, and the year was 5761. The reading was from Parshat Nitzavim, 3rd Portion (Deuteronomy 29:15-29:28). Now, read this carefully:

15 For you know how we dwelled in the land of Egypt, and how we passed among the nations through which you passed.

16 And you saw their abominations and their repugnant idols [of] wood and stone, silver and gold which were with them.

17 Perhaps there is among you a man, woman, family, or tribe, whose heart strays this day from the Lord, our God, to go and worship the deities of those nations. Perhaps there is among you a root that produces hemlock and wormwood.

18 And it will be, when he [such a person] hears the words of this oath, that he will bless himself in his heart, saying, "I will have peace, even if I follow my heart's desires," in order to add the [punishment for the] unintentional sins [of this man] to that of [his] intentional sins.

19 The Lord will not be willing to forgive him; rather, then, the Lord's fury and His zeal will fume against that man, and the entire curse written in this book will rest upon him, and the Lord will obliterate his name from beneath the heavens.

20 And the Lord will separate him for evil, out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the covenant, written in this Torah scroll.

21 And a later generation, your descendants, who will rise after you, along with the foreigner who comes from a distant land, will say, upon seeing the plagues of that land and the diseases with which the Lord struck it:

22 Sulfur and salt have burned up its entire land! It cannot be sown, nor can it grow [anything], not [even] any grass will sprout upon it. It is like the overturning of Sodom, Gemorrah, Admah and Zeboiim, which the Lord overturned in His fury and in His rage.

23 And all the nations will say, Why did the Lord do so to this land? What [is the reason] for this great rage of fury?

24 Then they will say, It is because they abandoned the covenant of the Lord, God of their fathers, [the covenant] which He made with them when He took them out of the land of Egypt,

25 For they went and served other deities, prostrating themselves to them deities which they had not known, and which He had not apportioned to them.

26 And the Lord's fury raged against that land, bringing upon it the entire curse written in this book.

27 And the Lord uprooted them from upon their land, with fury, anger and great wrath, and He cast them to another land, as it is this day.

28 The hidden things belong to the Lord, our God, but the revealed things apply to us and to our children forever: that we must fulfill all the words of this Torah.

END

Now, what is interesting is that this particular Torah reading fell on 911. And, if you might say that this is just coincidence, then I would ask that you look at other days throughout the year, and see if you can find one that more closely speaks to 911. I think you will be hard pressed. I do wonder if the reading for the day then, is somehow prophetic to events that will happen that day. A similar example is to look up your birth date and read the Torah reading for the day you were born and ask yourself if the theme of that Torah reading echoes through your life. You can do the same for close people you know who have passed, and look at their birth date and their death date.

Now, the Torah is very much against horoscopes and fortune-telling, and frankly, I am the least likely person to advocate for these practices. In fact, I am in total agreement with the Torah's admonitions against fortune-telling and horoscopes. With that being said, I have to ask myself, is the Lord speaking to us daily through these readings, as a warning or as admonitions? I do not know, but I found it rather remarkable.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hmmmmm or maybe Isreal??? A lot of high profile members of Hollywood and uh....business folk and such decided not to get on planes that day....yeah....

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CookieMonster09

Can you draw direct parallels from this passage and the events that took place that day? Because I can't

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

September 11th is considered auspicious.

Israeli's consider it the first day of Creation. Anyone born in or around this day are considered blessed.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Great question. Briefly, you would need to view the passages as allegory or metaphor, with America as the Promised Land under covenant with the Creator by the Founding Fathers at its time of inception. Then turning away from that covenant, worshiping the idols of greed, sexual depravity, etc. - and receiving fierce retribution in the likes of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah under fire and brimstone. The Lord knowing only the mysteries and hidden meaning of these events, and the duty of His followers to adhere to that which is plain and not hidden - His written instructions, or guidelines for living as outlined in the Torah.

Lines 15 through 18 refer to the Israelites fleeing Egypt, and as they traversed through the wilderness to the Promised Land of Israel, having witnessed the rather grotesque idol worship of their soon to be neighboring nations. Lines 18 through 20 refer to those who give lip service to the covenant, but do not adhere to it. Lines 21 through 27 are the severe repercussions. The surrounding nations are in awe and wonder at these events.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

No disrespect intended, but I sure wish they had Cliff notes for the Torah. No matter how many times I read it I cant put it all together.

But I sure do find it interesting.

I would make a horrible Bilical scholar.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Try either Rashi's commentary to the Torah, or the Stone Edition of the Chumash. Both are worth purchasing if you are serious about Torah study. There is a great little publishing house called Art Scroll that is designed for English speaking Jews that want to learn Torah, so their publications are in plain, easy to read English. I have been studying the Torah for about a decade now, and it does get easier, especially if you can discipline yourself to follow the schedule of each section read every Sabbath. In the course of a year, if you follow the schedule, you will read the entire Torah in a single year. Do that a few times and your learning will expand greatly. You can usually read each section in 20 minutes or less.

What I never realized is that the Jewish Sages such as Rashi were able to extrapolate all kinds of background, history, and context by subtle clues in the text. So when you read a passage, and consult the commentary, it starts to make more sense. Read at face value, it can be more difficult to understand some of the more confusing passages. You really need a good commentary to help with the reading.

I was raised Irish Catholic, so I never was exposed to the Torah as a child except on a superficial level.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It's interesting but I don't see the correlation between the US on 9,11 or buildings and the judgement on idol worshiping in the Hebrew people that caused them to lose their holy land

I don't think 9,11 was a judgement from God, more a, dare I say, (internal) terrorist attack on its people's freedom

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

A good primer to understand the allegory is Messianic Rabbi Jonathan Cahn's book, "The Harbinger", about 911 and the Founding Fathers. He describes the establishment of the Lord's covenant with the Founding Fathers at the time of the nation's inception, and what happened on 911 as the breaking of the covenant. The Torah reading for that particular day fits in well with Cahn's explanation, though I don't believe he ever mentions the Torah reading for the day in that book.

911 was indeed a terrorist attack, but it had spiritual implications as well that still impact our nation even today.

Idol worship today is different than in the time of the Israelites in the wilderness. Think more broadly in terms of how modern society preoccupies their time and energies into so many diversions besides prayer, for example. The transgressions are tolerated by the Lord for a certain length of time to see if we will repent. After a certain point is reached and the nation does not repent, judgment occurs. Regardless of your religious beliefs, karma is a very real phenomenon, and we would be wise to take inventory as a nation as to how we are contributing to our own demise.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Bad things happen to good people, that's not kama
Is every other terrorist attack on other countries a judgement, why only the US

Judaism and a non religious country like the US, it's not Jewish
I just don't see the correlation between the US and the Covenant of Moses, it doesn't make sense

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well, bad things happen for a reason, and sometimes for reasons that we do not understand. That doesn't negate the laws of cause and effect. We don't dismiss gravity just because we don't understand how it works.

As far as other countries, that is really off-topic. You would have to be specific and then narrow down root causes as to why a terrorist attack occurred. The point is that once a country crosses a certain line, it is destined for the trash heap of history.

The USA was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs and principles, and many of our Founding Fathers were very much involved in making a covenant with the Lord at the time of the nation's inception. We as a nation have since broken that covenant in a multitude of ways, in some quite nefarious ways, in fact.

The correlation between the Torah reading cited for the particular date of September 11, 2001, is that it helps to explain what happened and why. We were attacked because we had crossed a line as a nation and our opportunity to repent was over and we failed. The Torah reading explains, in specific detail, what happened and why by way of metaphor and allegory. It is quite possible the Lord is speaking directly to us if we would but listen. And really, it would be very difficult to chalk up the Torah reading as mere coincidence. As I stated in a prior post, other Torah readings do not correlate at all, but this one certainly does.

I also think that one could take similar readings and potentially start to apply them to specific dates in history. Or apply readings for the day to birthdays or dates of decease.
edit on 15-5-2018 by CookieMonster09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Why was 911 chosen for US emergency hotline?

Could've been any other number..

Dont blame the silly mudslums or the fake juice.. All pawns of the king. The fake juice, which you all call juice but are not juice, are just Romans playing dress up. As in Pharoanic days.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Men for their own power fulfilling prophecy for the masses?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Not sure why people are having a hard time putting things together.

America at Founding : Christian Nation, desire for liberty and equality of men.
America 2001: Debauchery and Hedonism, no compassion or moral compass, just a lust for money.

4 planes turned 3 buildings to dust, the Pentagon into a pentacle, and even destroyed an empty field in PA.

Now, was it a conspiracy or a miracle?

Good find OP.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I have to ask myself, is the Lord speaking to us daily through these readings, as a warning or as admonitions? I do not know, but I found it rather remarkable.

Good thread with a good message. Yes it is remarkable but must be sorted as to its intent. If you are seeking Judaic studies to connect with Christian studies then you should be very careful as to how you go about this very complicated task. You can connect the Sinai covenant of Moses and the covenant of Jesus historically but very cautiously in regard to doctrines.

Judaism and Christianity are not very compatible whatsoever from creation to its end and the two doctrines are not even closely connected in most all respects. The OT must be understood in rightly dividing its covenant with that of the Christ Jesus' covenant. Read with that understanding in mind and try not to read the authors intent as your own intent. It simply will not work that way.

A question for all who are interested is that - According to the covenant of the Christ Jesus, if those who will not accept Jesus as the begotten Son of The Most High pertains to all people of His day and all of the days to this day, then does it not also apply to all people today? Be careful of which covenant you choose to embrace. The old covenant has been done away with and will never return.
edit on 17-5-2018 by Seede because: spelling corrected

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

Yes, pretty straightforward. I think there is a puzzle or code here that is being utilized. You really have to wonder if the specific date of September 11, 2001 wasn't chosen by the master minds of the event to coincide with this reading deliberately on that particular day. Or were the perpetrators acting as a "rod of G-d" without necessarily understanding how their actions were being used for purposes to which they were unaware? We see this theme throughout the Old Testament where the Lord uses warfare to chastise, even if the warriors aren't aware of the higher purposes being employed.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I would encourage anyone to take a deep dive into the Old Testament, especially the Torah, if they want to strengthen their religious faith, regardless of their affiliation.

Without getting into a religious debate about Judaism versus Christianity - which is most emphatically NOT the topic of this thread - we can both agree that there is a wide diversity of opinion on whether the Old Testament covenants are still in effect and whether the two faiths are compatible. After very careful study for the past decade, I can tell you that we have a lot more in common than one might think, but again, this rabbit hole would derail the thread.

These are topics best left for another thread. The topic of this thread is related to the daily Torah readings and how they were pertinent to the 911 attacks, and how they might be relevant for events past or future.

Incidentally, if you want to know what the daily Torah reading is, you can find the reading online through a simple Google search. Just Google, "daily Torah reading" and there are several web sites that will provide the reading for the day. As I noted in the original post, traditionally Mondays and Thursdays are the days when the readings are read during the morning prayer service, and the entire "parshah" or section of the Torah is read every Sabbath (Saturday mornings).

If you want a hard copy of these readings, in book format, you would need to purchase the Torah itself. The Stone Edition of the Chumash is one of the most popular editions of the Torah in Orthodox Jewish circles, and can be used in conjunction with the Art Scroll Siddur (daily prayer book) if you want to enhance the study of this topic further. There are more resources available, but this would be the basic book format for daily study.
edit on 17-5-2018 by CookieMonster09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Johnathan Cahn, explains it here:
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Separated for evil by God?

Disaster falls upon the wicked.
edit on 11-9-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Someone necro-bumped this thread but I'll comment anyways ....

Lord's fury raged against that land

I am sure that 9/11 had NOTHING to do with Gods rage against America.
It didn't come from God as a punishment.
Other places and other groups are far more deserving of punishment than NYC.
It was evil for sure so you could say it was the devils rage against humanity.
That you could make a case for.
But not Gods rage.

new topics

top topics

join