It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Mayor SUED for Tipping Off Illegals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Remember that Mayor of Oakland California that tipped off illegal immigrants that ICE was coming for them?

Well now somebody is taking it a bit more serious.

She is getting sued !!

And they want all kinds of info like emails !! 😎

They say 800 illegals scattered and escaped after that boondoggle.

Oakland Mayor SUED for Tipping Off Illegals

Oakland Calif., Mayor Libby Schaaf made national news a few months ago when she warned illegal aliens in her community about an imminent roundup by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents on February 25. Acting ICE Director Tom Homan said Schaaf’s actions were equivalent to those of a “gang lookout.”

The Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI), the only public service law firm dedicated to defending the rights of Americans on immigration matters, has filed a lawsuit against Schaaf, seeking communications records between her and top city officials in the days leading up to her tip-off.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So, the residents of that area will be paying for her legal costs and the lawsuit judgement if she loses. I do not see how that organization can lose the lawsuit, she has admitted doing it. I wish that the money would come out of the pocket of the one doing wrong instead of the city or counties pocket.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Do you think she used the Awan brothers for her IT?

Does Amazon send bleachbit to a government building?

Is her phone hammer proof?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Good.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I wish that someone would tip off illegals that my lawn needs cutting.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree, but it will be an expensive reminder to do a better job at electing one's government officials.

This is what happens when these idiots salivate over extremists during election time. Oakland is a cesspool--the only good thing is the Raiders, and they got smart and are getting the hell out of there (to another cesspool, but it is what it is).

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good maybe we can go after some of these sanctuary cities even though I live in one of them. probably the top one. Do people realize that sanctuary cities are actively against the law. is it not sedition if your providing safe harbor for an illegal???? I am just asking not stating. I kind of want to know?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

should be jailed for obstruction of justice imo.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

A law suite isn't what's needed here. She should be charged with aiding and abetting, obstructing justice and reckless endangerment. She commit federal crimes as far as I'm concerned. As a politician, she is responsible to uphold the law. She can use the office to try and influence change in legal ways.

Remember, us regular people are not allowed to break the law. It's time to make an example.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I agree, but it will be an expensive reminder to do a better job at electing one's government officials.

This is what happens when these idiots salivate over extremists during election time. Oakland is a cesspool--the only good thing is the Raiders, and they got smart and are getting the hell out of there (to another cesspool, but it is what it is).

Ummm...no...no...the serfs of that particular fiefdom...will grumble under their breath about the added tax burden...Then they'll happily re-elect their ideological butt buddy...That's how we get these lifers like Nancy Pelosi or John McStain...

The only way to be rid of them is when they cash in their chips...kick the bucket...push up daisies...or they've bought the farm...

Reference the latter of the two...above...

YouSir

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

OmG that reminded me of this video where a guy drives a bunch of illegals from home depot to INS. Its so wrong, but soooo funny.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I do not see how that organization can lose the lawsuit, she has admitted doing it.

She didn't just admit to it, she said flatly that she'd do it again.

What's really telling is that her statements about the issue have been careful to use the word "residents" rather than "citizens." You know, like when she said she had a responsibility to the safety and well-being of all the residents in Oakland.

Then again, she knows that Oakland immigrants are law-abiding. We'll just pretend like the (for example) Mexican child-rapist who's already been deported once and was a target in the ICE raid doesn't exist, I guess.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Let's add a criminal suit to that.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, the residents of that area will be paying for her legal costs and the lawsuit judgement if she loses. I do not see how that organization can lose the lawsuit, she has admitted doing it. I wish that the money would come out of the pocket of the one doing wrong instead of the city or counties pocket.

Its Cali. They got plenty of money to waste and practice that ideology on a minute by minute basis.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

She colluded with foreign nationals to subvert American law.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

they should vote better then...

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

We are just setting up a new satellite office lol.

RN4L

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: UnBreakable

OmG that reminded me of this video where a guy drives a bunch of illegals from home depot to INS. Its so wrong, but soooo funny.

www.youtube.com...

Why is it wrong?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

So, the residents of that area will be paying for her legal costs and the lawsuit judgement if she loses.

In a way, I can see that as poetic justice. Who elected her? She serves at the will of the people, therefore the people bear responsibility for her actions.

Maybe it'll get a few more people to wake up and realize what's going on. They have the ultimate right (and responsibility) to fire her for her actions. It's called "democracy."

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

So, the residents of that area will be paying for her legal costs and the lawsuit judgement if she loses.

In a way, I can see that as poetic justice. Who elected her? She serves at the will of the people, therefore the people bear responsibility for her actions.

Maybe it'll get a few more people to wake up and realize what's going on. They have the ultimate right (and responsibility) to fire her for her actions. It's called "democracy."

TheRedneck

Yeah, but remember, a lot of people who did not vote for her will also be paying. she got sixty one percent of the vote. There was supposedly also a recall that was filed on her.

There are a lot of non whites in that place, almost thirty percent of the people are hispanic, about forty percent are white.
edit on 15-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join