It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding Rant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
ohhhhhh!!!!!

anyone else in the uk getting annoyed with this yet.

Constant coverage of a couple of rich kids getting married.

To be clear, I think its nice to have something that is not constant doom and gloom on the news and although I am not a royalist I am not anti-royal either my views on the monarchy are very much simply that I just don't care one way or the other. Whats bothering me is the round the clock obsessive news coverage. Sky news right now on their front page have a story about where the royal couple will be staying the night before the big day and BBC have some crap about royal wedding dresses (they don't mention that its being paid for by the taxpayer) and its the sam across all uk MSM right now.

While I am on this rant lets talk about the cost. this wedding is going to cost something like £32 million in tax payers money. That pisses people off and again its something that the media coverage mostly glosses over. This country is spending £32 million on two rich kids getting married, that money could pay for a lot of police officers, nurses, doctors or go towards other infrastructure. Now sure its mostly coming out of the Royal purse but even so its a tough pill to swallow.

sigh.....

If it was getting a extra day of work out of this then I might be able to have put up with it.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Even the US Equities Markets are pushing this story... "The $1.4 Billion Impact of the Royal Wedding"

MarketWatch Article

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

To be fair us unruly colonists thumbed our noses at royalty a few century's ago.
But for some reason many of us must miss it cuz they treat some celebrities like royalty.

But I get your point, I'd be pissed about paying $8 a gallon for gas and then waste so much money on a wedding.
edit on 14-5-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Not one for weddings and especially royal ones, while its going to cost a bomb I wonder how much money it will bring in as lots of people like to see the royals and nothing will give you a leg up in the bragging rights than saying I was in the crowd etc.

Royal events normally makes more money than it costs and so long as it does then send them out and make us some tax money.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

To be fair us unruly colonists thumbed our noses at royalty a few century's ago.
But for some reason many of us must miss it cuz they treat some celebrities like royalty.

But I get your point, I'd be pissed about paying $8 a gallon for gas and then waste so much money on a wedding.

Yep, Hollywood is the new Aristocracy. Try explaining that to a social studies or US gov teacher though.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Ohhh yeah I mean I am totally on board with the idea that it brings in loads of money and is a overall boost for the economy.

Its more the media coverage that is pissing me off, and while yes I do know that it will bring in a lot of money the idea of me paying for two rich kids getting hitched who lets face it, the tax payer will be footing the bill for for a long time.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yep, Hollywood is the new Aristocracy. Try explaining that to a social studies or US gov teacher though.

That's easy.
Just ask him why disney "an American company" has a cartoon library full of princesses.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

When do they turn her into a reptilian?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When do they turn her into a reptilian?

There is a whole ceremony on the night of the wedding, the queen and big phill stand in black robes with the rest of the shapeshifters in their true form, they sacrifice a few unemployed guys at the alter of satan. Then after the ceremony Meghan is reborn as a full on reptilian.

edit on 14-5-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

My wife loves it. She is having a party, which is awesome because it means I can go to the pub.

I think it's more of a fantasy for chicks to drool over. No man I know gives a hoot.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I will say this about the English monarchy..

It seems like just the most insane waste of resources to have a royal family with no power..

You pay the bill for a king who can’t even cut through the bureaucracy and get something done if needed.. which is the primary benefit to a monachy

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

My wife loves it. She is having a party, which is awesome because it means I can go to the pub.

I think it's more of a fantasy for chicks to drool over. No man I know gives a hoot.

You could be on to something and I have just missed it.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Queen. Chuck aint in charge just yet.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I get what you mean but they do bring a lot of money into the country in other ways. I don't like them but I tolerate them because they do contribute in their own way

link   

I get what you mean but they do bring a lot of money into the country in other ways. I don't like them but I tolerate them because they do contribute in their own way

link   
I love weddings, but usually only when I'm there. I know this will be a shocker, but I wasn't invited to this one.

As far as weddings on TV, I did enjoy all the pomp and circumstance of Diana and Charles wedding.

And, I'm looking forward to seeing the wedding gown, and all that girlie stuff.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I know this will be a shocker, but I wasn't invited to this one.

awww buddy.... you can have my invite if you want.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Guys would be happy with a 50 quid justice of the peace wedding, but Noooooo, we gotta cash in the life insurance policy cuz the missus wants some bling!!!!! Thus I blame royals.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think the only people that give a rats A in the USA are women. Disney has brainwashed them over the years to think that they too could be a princess and have everyone in their land throw all of their money at their whims.

I think its part of the reason we revolted. Why should anyone have to pay for nonsense like this except their immediate family?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

If you don't like it. Don't watch it.

Really, there's plenty here on ATS to read and keep you busy.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join