It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handheld 2 kiloton Nukes On US Soil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I was researching "Red Mercury", and I came up with a couple things which personally opened my eyes.

Russia may have given red mercury fusion technology to Saddam." According to one of Nyquist's sources, Iraq possesses "s-megaton" micro-nuclear war-heads. "These are softball sized two-megaton fusion bombs triggered by an irradiated and compressed compound of mercury antimony oxide. This device doubles the nuclear yield with a hundredfold reduction of weight. Using heavy hydrogen instead of uranium or plutonium to fuel its explosive reaction, this hand-held nuclear weapon cannot be detected by U.S. sensors."

the document, which is a communiqué from K. Hussaine of Iraq to V. Putin of Russia, says that 9/11 will be a diversionary strike "attributed to the work of 'our brothers'. The real attack, says the Iraqi official, will involve the use of 'new s-megaton mini satellite [guided] rocket[s].' This is a weapon that would be smuggled into the United States, and better resembles a small robot aircraft than a missile. The striking power of this satellite guided toy rocket is listed as two megatons." The document says, "The shock wave from the air burst of our two megaton mini combined with its own reflection from the ground will form a blast wave of such power that everything will be destroyed...within 8 to 13 U.S. miles of ground zero."

The document according to Nyquist also refers to "a top secret Russian stealth satellite termination system (called SSST). According to Vreeland, this is a stealth orbital platform armed with clusters of electromagnetic pulse bombs capable of knocking out global communications and frying U.S. nuclear warheads leaving the Western Hemisphere."

If this proves to be true, then I feel that the future might be very grim indeed for the US. Is this really possible?

[edit on 2/18/2005 by superdude]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here is a link

chemistry.about.com.../XJ&sdn=chemistry&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prisonplanet.com%2Fanalysis_poovey_010303_redmerc2.html

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"Superdude"

Hey Buddy, "Paranoia" is setting in big with you lately. I've noticed this from reading your recent posts. I am becoming very concerned about you. I know you love your family dearly and want to protect them but I am worried that you may be spending way to much time worrying about what might happen and this can start to take a toll on your family without you not even noticing it. I want you to answer these questions "Yes Or No".

Have you been finding yourself searching the internet for terrorist sites?

Have you been staying close to home alot not wanting to leave your house?

When you feel the need to talk do you consistantly discuss whats going on in the world outside of the US?

Have you been having trouble focusing on what you used to before 9/11?

Please dont take this the wrong way but I too fell into this "Trap" after 9/11 especially from living right next door in NJ. I noticed I can't concentrate, I feel that I have to solve this problem before it kills us, I worry about my wife and daughter whenever they are not with me, I cant sleep, and sounds of airplanes and the midnight freight train scare the hell out of me because of the rumbling sound. I know this is hard to do, but as a friend I recommend it, Look into getting some help for PTSD (Post Tramatic Stress Disorder) I did and it will help gain some sanity back into your life, especially with your family.

Take Care and please dont be offended.

Just my thoughts..............

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Offended? Heck I'm flattered that you thought enough to write.

1) Have you been finding yourself searching the internet for terrorist sites?

2) Have you been staying close to home alot not wanting to leave your house?

3) When you feel the need to talk do you consistantly discuss whats going on in the world outside of the US?

4) Have you been having trouble focusing on what you used to before 9/11?

1) No, ATS is where I hang out for the most part.
2) I travel for my job quite often, so I'm not home as often as I like, but I don't dread leaving, that's for sure.
3) Actually most of my talk is about the Philadelphia Eagles, however due to my job it's important that I keep up with current events. I talk to many people all day from every aspect of life.
4) Actually I am even more focused on my pre 9/11 goals. It was how to plan for my families future, and now more than ever I try to plan ahead.

I'm not generally paranoid by nature, however I do like to know what's going on out there, and the potential for another terrorist attack. I read a thread about "Red Mercury" here on ATS, and just wanted to research it. I didn't expect to find that there are such things as these softball sized nukes.
Yes I guess I am paranoid about this, if true, it could be really bad.

Thanx for looking out for me there Bud!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Interesting post, superdude. Here's the original article on Prison Planet:

www.prisonplanet.com...

And here's another one where "Kirt Poovey" discusses more about redmercury:

www.prisonplanet.com...

Alex Jones doesn't provide any bio info for Kirt Poovey so who is he? Pretty big allegations there.

Isn't saying someone is "Poovey" sort of like saying someone's gay, in England? Could this name be an indication of this articles' credibility? :^)

"Use your own you great poovey pole-dagger!" [Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus]

EDIT: Ooops, I guess Kirt Poovey's real. Here's a link to a page where you can read more and check his credibility.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hey, I thought we all decided that Saddam and Iraq had no WMD's.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I dont think Red Mercury has ever been proven to exist. I know people tried to buy samples of it from KGB, Red Mafia and the like and they all got scammed.

BTW I think what they sell off as Red Mercury is infact not even red strange enough it is metal looking.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Couldnt Red Murcury be obtained in old thermometers???? If I am not mistaken this is what they used to guage the tempature back in the 40's - 50's , mass amounts where used in old Industrial areas. Especially around Hot Water Heat and cooking Vats.

If you think of the minimal amount needed, I would just hit up a bunch of closed down factories and find the original thermometers.... But I guess thats Homeland Securities job to take care of.

Really makes us feel safe.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If this stuff is real its nothing like what was used in thermometers. It really has nothing to do with mercury at all.

What it is exactly depends largely on who you ask but I think they will all agree its not the same stuff found in thermometers. The jist of most theories is that it is a powerful explosive that allows you to make small nuclear weapons.

Plutonium bombs work usually by the principle of implosion (you implode a sphere of plutonium - it's density increases , it's surface area decreases- it becomes supercritical- pump in some neutrons and boom!) the implosion is
achieved by chemical explosives such as RDX, TATB etc. Clearly if you have a really really powerful high explosive (high detonation velocity) you can cause a more implosive implosion- hence you need less Plutonium for a bomb and you can make really tiny bombs.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thats what they want you to think!!!

Red Mercury used in old thermometers was a very dangerous metal that stayed in a liquid form until its compounds are altered or changed which would then create mass. If you notice the mercury in its form now sold to the general public in thermometers, the Mercury is thier minus the red compound which has been altered to make it safer to use. Using the red compound again can be used as part of a deadly weapon thus creating What you call "Red Mercury".

Oh yeah break open a thermometer and let the mercury out into a bowl, now hit it with your finger and learn how something can split and divide right in front of your eyes. Now imagine it splitting and coming back but this time solid mass.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Justmytype]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Rest assured that if it happened that the bombers and subs would get them, let alone any secret tech thats just waiting for this to happen. Also how often could it work this emp platform? all the west would do is fire a few an they would need to use a few to counter them they would run out an off we would go, you think all missiles are launched in 1 go?? i doubt it some would be kept back weeks, months even for a counter attack, even years.... subs would launch when no signal is recieved.... dont forget bio weps too, i reckon there prob a plan to nuke Russian waters an make a tsunami's across Russia, Earthquakes too, icbm's, minute mans, bombers, cruise missles nuke tipped.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by blobby]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
And if red mercury turns out not to be real, tahn Hafnium can step into its place:

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If I understand correctly, in layman's terms red mercury is a compound which may or may not actually involve mercury (it could be like the code names used in the early US nuclear program). The key property of this material is that it can be made to expand and collapse very violently by some phyiscal principle I don't exactly understand. This releases enough energy to facilitate fusion of hydrogen. The result is an extremely small but highly efficient hydrogen bomb.
I suppose it's dangerous, but it probably won't do anything that I couldn't do with a box of matches, a can of gasoline, and an assault rifle. Burning down a city is burning down a city anyway you slice it. Nuclear just sounds scarrier.

As for the idea of a Russian first strike- not happening. We've got missiles designed to take out satellites. We can open a nice big hole in any defense they may or may not have and there is reason to believe that we have secret systems of our own (what about all the rockets we launched during SDI?). The Russians are crazy, not stupid. They know we'd probably catch them in any scheme to launch a nuclear attack on us, and they know that then we'd match them tic for tac, no doubt about it.
Everybody who thinks that cockroaches deserve their turn to rule the earth, raise your hand.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The Vagabond I think your exactly right Red Mercury is just a code name. Im pretty sure its not red and little to do with Mercury.I think you understand correctly the basic concept of what many people think this stuff is. A alleged compound used to fuse tritium-deuterium in a fusion device if you want to get all fancy.

Or a pure-fusion warhead They would contain no fissionable nuclear material. Instead use heavy hydrogen – deuterium and tritium isotopes – as their fuel.

What scary about it working like this is that the way we test for nuclear weapons would be useless. Since we look for the radiation of the fissionable material. So if it did work like that they would be ideal for sneaking into a country undected.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I can't imagine how the core could hold hydrogen at the compression needed for a grenade-sized h-bomb. it'd be like compressing a cargo-container of water into a teacup. The spherical shape would not hold unless this baseball-sized container was made of some new metal with outstanding stress characteristics.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Shadow caught me in a mistake actually. It's probably deuterium and tritium- much easier to fuse than hydrogen. That's how fairly small bodies can become brown dwarf stars.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Couldnt Red Murcury be obtained in old thermometers???? If I am not mistaken this is what they used to guage the tempature back in the 40's - 50's , mass amounts where used in old Industrial areas. Especially around Hot Water Heat and cooking Vats.

www.met.fsu.edu...

In the questions about collecting red mercury from thermometers, its gray if it is indeed mercury (which by the way the fumes are harmful do not try to play with it with your fingers, there is such thing as mercury poisining caused by the fumes see link ->danpatch.ecn.purdue.edu...)
The red stuff is in actuality nothing but alcohol, it reacts with the temperature and it does not freeze like water. Check out the top link to see about the red colored alcohol.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Thats what they want you to think!!!

Red Mercury used in old thermometers was a very dangerous metal that stayed in a liquid form until its compounds are altered or changed which would then create mass. If you notice the mercury in its form now sold to the general public in thermometers, the Mercury is thier minus the red compound which has been altered to make it safer to use. Using the red compound again can be used as part of a deadly weapon thus creating What you call "Red Mercury".

Oh yeah break open a thermometer and let the mercury out into a bowl, now hit it with your finger and learn how something can split and divide right in front of your eyes. Now imagine it splitting and coming back but this time solid mass.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Justmytype]

You've been doing this a lot, haven't you?

Have you ever heard of the term: "mad as a hatter?"

look up where that came from.

Oh, and I won't even begin to address just how wrong you are about elemental mercury and the difference between mercury thermometers and those with alcohol.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Back to the original premise of this thread. I am surprised that no one has yet thought to question on of the key assertions. That is that Russia gave this mini-nuke to Sadam.

I mean come on, do you really think that is even a remote possibility?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Back to the original premise of this thread. I am surprised that no one has yet thought to question on of the key assertions. That is that Russia gave this mini-nuke to Sadam.

I mean come on, do you really think that is even a remote possibility?

It depends what year it is alleged to have happened in actually. Up until the war with Iran, Saddam was everybody's best friend. Both sides of the cold war courted Iraq aggressively. The Russians were providing ample conventional weapons (including then-new designs such as the Mig-21, which sort of backfired because the first time the West ever saw a Mig-21 upclose was when the Israeli Mossad got an Iraqi pilot to defect with his plane just before the 6 day war).
NATO members were throwing Bio/Chemical weapons and supplies at him like nuts too. Everybody wanted to win Saddam over. We were actually going to let Iraq go nuclear just to get their support if I understand correctly.

The first real signs of trouble with Saddam, at least according to my reading, was the war in Iran. The attack itself didn't make the Russians too happy, and the fact that he couldn't overwhelm the Iranians didn't make NATO too happy. Power in Iraq had almost invariably changed hands by coup throughout its history. The poor outcome of the Iraq-Iran war left Saddam hungry for a victory to secure his hold on power. That's what prompted the invasion of Kuwait so quickly after the Iraq-Iran war ended, and that was the last straw for America. Bush 41 had actually intended to improve relations with Iraq until that happened.

It can't be said for sure that Russia would have trusted Saddam (Iraq actually) with such weapons, but it's not unthinkable, either before Saddam's time or during. After the Six Day War, Russia may have been very eager to give the Arab states a powerful weapon of mass destruction which would not be traceable and which they could claim to have been a conventional attack by the Arabs. Considering that Israel was an issue that could be used to leverage OPEC into placing embargoes on America, it is not unthinkable that Russia would go to great lengths to keep Arab nations capable of making war on Israel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join