It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sphere above Utah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I saw my first "ufo" last year. Not sure what it is, seeking info. Similar/same white spheres videos on youtube. This one was maybe 20 miles from the North East corner of UT /CO border, 30 mi from skinwalker ranch heh.

Hiking solo, pretty remote spot on the edge of town and the wild.

Object seemed to be above the Uinta mountains ridgleine.

Looked like a faint star at dusk, late afternoon spotted it. Barely moved, easternly, over the course of an hour or more. If I had to guess 1-5 miles I just cant understand its size or alitude. No way to tell size or height. It was either the size of a small aircraft at 20-30k or much larger much higher up. No idea. Silvery blue, white sphere. Almost motionless, only used land marks to gauge its travel over an hour or 2.

Reflective, like a bright glow/glare. Very small to naked eye.

I ve read about stratosphere ballons, and google balloons. Only other detail that day is right before the sphere, i heard 3 fighter jets pass over but could not see them. Sometimes I see the jets sometimes it seems they are invisible.

Have not seen the white sphere again.

Thats all i can think of/remember. I'll try and figure out how to post pics
Pic#1 was through my bino lense, using an iphone

Zoom in w/ phone

Zoom in edit in iphoto, big as it gets

The area, in uintas

The view from the ground, look for it in center of pic. Could have easily missed it.

edit on 12-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Clarity/info/spelling

edit on 12-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Spell

edit on 12-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Pic1

edit on 12-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Pic2

edit on 12-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Pic3

edit on 12-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Pic4

edit on 12-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Pic info

edit on 12-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Info

edit on 13-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Pic5

edit on 13-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Pic5 pt2

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
thats awesome. I camp in the UIntas all the time. A friend of mine has a yearly birthday party camping trip around the 4th of July every year.

The first year I went I was watching what i thought was a satellite . But it kept getting brighter and brighter and eventually disappeared when it got to an elevation that really didn't seem like it was even high enough to be a satellite in the first place.

It started really low and dim, traveling from west to east, and eventually disappeared at it brightest point at what seemed like a 25,000 ft altitude. I pointed it out to a couple people we were with and everyone was calling it a UFO.

I was saying the only other thing it could have been was a plane that eventually lost contact with the setting suns rays... But that still didn't sit right.

The next year I went I saw the same exact thing happen at the same exact time in the same exact place.

This was all in the Uinta's as well, I wonder if it was something similar to what you saw? When i saw mine, they were both right after the sun had set so it was still twilight but the object appeared very bright.

I'll probably go back this year, I'll try to be ready with my new camera this time...
edit on 13-5-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha
Thats cool man. No idea what you saw maybe a rocket? How fast? Ive seen a b1 take off at night with full AB was quite a light show. Who knows could have been many things. Teleportation and ET on the extreme end. The Uintas are beautiful. "Dark skys" the stars are like paintings out here. Love to fish. Heard my first ghost stories of skinwalker up hete my wifes half mexican cousin who is an avid hiker/camper. Good stuff

My sighting is the same as many in the rockies/west us. Some vids have multiple sphers.

Theres been an uptick in ufo sightings by aircrew, making the news at least. www.google.com...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
im sure it will get debunked and torn to shreds by the skeptics. swamp gas and what have you, still nice to see new sightings.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LilNicky354

I've seen one of these before but at much lower altitude. Interestingly, the landscape was very similar to your pic of the area in Utah however, it was here in the UK. Great thread, thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Looked like a faint star at dusk

Might have something to do with it actually being a faint star......

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Interesting post. Thanks also for providing original pics. I had a look at pic 2's exif data (the "Zoom in w/phone" image) and it shows the pic was taken on Sept 29 last year. Also gives the time as just a few seconds before 5.45 pm. I don't know if you had your phone's clock set to MDT, but I'm guessing it might adjust its time automatically.

Anyway, according to NOAA's solar calculator in that region of UT, sunset on that date was at 18:08, which is only ~23 minutes after you took the picture. So in that case, it could have been a star. In fact a pretty bright one as it was visible before the sun was right down.

Where I live, out in the country where the air is pretty clean, we also see the first star or two appear before full sundown when we have really clear skies.

I'm not saying that what you saw and photographed was a star. Just that based on the info available, that option probably can't be ruled out.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Or Venus. I didn't think about the fact that it was dusk. Guess it might not be what I saw.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

First impressions are it could be a weather balloon or perhaps a Google Loon.

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has just renewed Google (Nasdaq: GOOG)'s parent company -- Alphabet Inc. -- X R&D unit's license to test wireless connectivity up to 75,500 feet. The license covers a 100km (62 mile) area in Winnemucca, Nev. -- the base of operations for previous Loon tests in the US -- as well as unspecified areas in California, Idaho, and Utah. The license runs until June 2020.
www.lightreading.com...!-googles-us-loon-tests-renewed-into-2020/d/d-id/733210

Not sayin that's what it is but it could be.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Looked like a faint star at dusk

Might have something to do with it actually being a faint star......

naw not a star....orbs are plentiful in east texas....i've seen em showin off by commercial airliners.....from the ground on an instrument departure route DFW.......

those mountains are so cool, the only range i haven't got to go through......in the U S

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Looked like a faint star at dusk, late afternoon spotted it. Barely moved, easternly, over the course of an hour or more.

So you have checked to see it was not a star?

From the ground view pic it looks like faint star or planet as you say.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The star suggestion people, it would have followed the track of the sun east to west not weat to wast due to the earths rotation. Aso not a star, you can see in the pics its not a star, not as bright. I was hoping it was a star haha.

It was moving east towards colorado. It seemed to be in high altitude, again its identical to the others sightings in shape but the other sightings sometimes had multiples. I'll try finding a link. These are very common to the region.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thats fine, its driving me nuts not knowing what I saw.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Aso not a star, you can see in the pics its not a star, not as bright.

In the pics, the one from the ground it looks exactly like a star.

However, since you say this

The star suggestion people, it would have followed the track of the sun east to west not weat to wast due to the earths rotation.

This would have been nice information in the OP.

I interpreted that you spotted it in the eastern sky and that it barley moved in an hour or so.

Which as I interpreted sounds exactly like a star or planet.

anyway, good luck in finding out.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well if it was what I saw then it's not white as it appears in the photos you've shown us.

What I saw was a silver sphere that reflects some of the light around it, hence the white appearance.
I saw it mid afternoon hovering low and to describe it's natural colour would be Mercury. Not the planet but Quicksilver mercury. Half of it reflected the sun and the other half mercury silver looking. I hope that makes sense.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Thx to Technology, I believe the date time and correct vs my account. I was wrong about it being summer but it was late arternoon/evening hours. I renember now getting back to my vehicle as the sun was going down. I had busted ass going back down not wanting to wind up in the cliffs in the dark. To be fair we had an Indian Summer. It was really mice for hiking. Accuweather is saying a high of 68 for me thats hot as balls haha. Especially strange because we came off a 100 year snow event and this season a 40 year lack of snow/rain.

Venus is actually much brighter out here. Again it traveled easternly, opposite of the setting sun. Again there are many more of these things. Interestingly I did not have my gps tracker on or saved for some odd reason but i did make a way point. I saw 3 nice bucks in a canyon below the plateu probly a mile or two in and not quite mid way from my hike route.

I went north west off trail and back a similar way. The sighting was maybe an hour after the bucks.
The waypoint pretty much confirms the date/time.

edit on 13-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Onx hunt pic1

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It does, and in my pics there is an iridescence maybe from glare but almost seems that way

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Take a look at this vid, its during the mass sighting across the west.
youtu.be...

Pretty much the same, to me it screams ballon or maybe camouflage on the skeptic to tin foil hat scale

edit on 13-5-2018 by LilNicky354 because: Attrnpt embed yt

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Star only makes sense without context. Maybe over 1-2 hours it seems to cross a canyon, going the wrong way of a star. Um glad we can at least check this one off as nope. The question is who made this object, nature, man (and who/why) or??

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You should definitely go again this year. See if you can get better photos. With any luck might see one at lower altitude.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join