It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAGE 2 Outed by Walmart Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A couple of days ago a list of games to be unveiled at this years E3 leaked from Walmart Canada , most of the games are expected but the surprise package on the list was RAGE 2 , nobody was expecting a RAGE 2 !
Don't get me wrong Rage was OK aside from its technical problems , lack of interesting story and bland location but I had to force myself to the end because Id been looking forward to it for so long ... it was a disappointment.

Word surfaced that Bethesda Studios Pete Hines was less that happy with the leak and in a couple of tweets yesterday all but confirmed the story and the existence of the game , today Bethesda have been dropping hints online that May 14th may be a date to watch , expectation is that RAGE 2 will be unveiled ahead of scheduled and if the reveal of Fallout 4 is anything to go by Rage 2 is practically ready and will be released at the end of summer.

Bethesda have been hinting for a while about a big open world game that wasn't The Elder scrolls , RAGE 2 may well be it and hopefully its a return to form for the studio.

However, the most obvious hint came today as the big publisher has shared an image with a character from the first RAGE game. As such, we are almost certain that RAGE 2 is real, and that it may be officially revealed on May 14th.
www.dsogaming.com...

Fingers crossed for Monday.

edit on 11-5-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's been a while, but I seem to recall my biggest complaint with the game was a very short singleplayer campaign....I could be confusing it with another game though....

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Nah you remember correctly it was fairly short , and repetitive.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Rage had promise.... I think Borderlands got the formula down better though.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Looks like Fallout: Zombies

Not bad, it does look better than most of the zombie games out

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I have to agree about rage, I played it on the PC and never finished the game, it was repetitive with respawning repetitive enemy's, boring same, same quests etc but it really could and should have been a great game, a kind of cross between fallout and mad max but failed on both counts.
Good graphic's for the time, great model's but awful game overall.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Walmart Canada have broken their silence following the leak and have said the titles listed were merely speculative.

“Walmart experienced a technical glitch that allowed certain items to be posted to our website for a short period of time,” Anika Malik, director of corporate affairs for Walmart Canada, told Motherboard in an email. “The items posted were speculative in nature and only game publishers can confirm the announcement of a release. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Like the gaming community, Walmart looks forward with anticipation to those announcements.”
motherboard.vice.com...

We will see just how speculative Rage 2 was tomorrow when Bethesda either do or don't announce it.

Looking forward to seeing if it's any good in the Autumn.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Gameplay out tomorrow, It looks like a cross between Mad Max (awesome game) and Borderlands (also great) ... I'm down as # for that!

Love the style! I got part 1 free and it was OK ...for free lol, But I always thought the potential was there, like I say ... My kinda style!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Thanks for the update valiant.

Looking forward to the gameplay trailer and no doubt release date reveal ... Autumn 2018.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
RAGE 2 – Official Gameplay Trailer has dropped.

In RAGE 2, you’ll dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. You can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything. The game brings together two studio powerhouses - Avalanche Studios, masters of open world mayhem and id Software, gods of the first-person shooter – to deliver a carnival of carnage.

In the year 2185, humanity’s numbers are dwindling. Ruthless and bloodthirsty gangs roam the open roads and the tyrannical Authority seek to rule who remains with an iron fist. You are Walker, the last Ranger of the wasteland. Robbed of your home and left for dead, you’ll tear across an unforgiving wasteland battling bloodthirsty gangs to find the tools and tech needed to take the fight to The Authority and crush their oppressive rule once and for all!

Avalanche Studios has good history with FPS games with the Just Cause series and Mad Max for a bit of post apocalyptic mayhem so the pedigree behind the game is sound , we'll have to wait until sometime in 2019 to feel the Rage ..... 2.

top topics

join