It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Quiet on the Western Front - 1979 - full movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I honestly haven't seen this new version jet --- though I've seen the first version, and I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Has anybody seen the first version, and how does it stack up to this new version?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here's the first version --- 1930 --- full movie

edit on 10-5-2018 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Has anyone actually read the book?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

i has teh tee-shirt

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: schuyler

i has teh tee-shirt

When I saw the tee-shirt, I wept over the futility of war and the human condition.

Then I bought the printed coffee mug.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes, I read the book when I was much younger. It gave me personal insight into the horror of war on a personal level from the other side. I remember it staying with me for a long time and made me rethink war-especially since Hollywood had glamorized both World Wars. Books have always been way more personally effecting than movies. I can play my own movie in my head-as I interpret it/not a producer. That was a hard read and not forgotten. I matured quite a bit.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Yes, I read the book when I was much younger. It gave me personal insight into the horror of war on a personal level from the other side.

Good! I remember pretty much the same thing. I still remember some of the scenes, like the whorehouse. I have never seen a movie of it. I tried to read the book in German but that was awfully tough going for me. What struck me was the aftermath where some of the guys slipped back into civilian life so easily where others were classic PTSD cases.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm watching the video you posted. Im drinking tonight and i was fixing to watch john adams by tom hanks in a few mins but when I saw the thread I thought of how we fought the revolutionary war and ow war has evolved over the years. first, they lined up and just shot each other. What progress can be made for any nation in war rather a great politician or statesman can achieve the same solution without bloodshed.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

I star and flagged the thread btw thx for providing me with the idea of an awesome movie to watch used to read alot but these days haven't the time or energy.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing the movie

top topics

join